PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Hamburg Ship's Record

Very helpful! Now, what if that first vowel is not A, but U? Lubozin, Lubotzin...
Consider Luboczyn.
http://kartenmeister.com/preview/City.asp?CitNum=54110
Best,
Sophia
BD

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:24 pm      Post subject: Re: Hamburg Ship's Record

Sophia wrote:
Very helpful! Now, what if that first vowel is not A, but U? Lubozin, Lubotzin...
Consider Luboczyn.
Best,
Sophia

Ahhhhh. Yes! That looks like a likely place name. It's a very small town. There's always the difference between the way it was pronounced and how the person writing it down interpretted it to consider as well. But that looks quite close. This young lady is my great grandmother. We've never known exactly where she was from other than possibly Germany/maybe Poland. You may have solved a mystery today. Thank you!
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Hamburg Ship's Record

BD wrote:
Sophia wrote:
Consider Luboczyn.
Best,
Sophia

Ahhhhh. Yes! That looks like a likely place name. It's a very small town. There's always the difference between the way it was pronounced and how the person writing it down interpretted it to consider as well. But that looks quite close. This young lady is my great grandmother. We've never known exactly where she was from other than possibly Germany/maybe Poland. You may have solved a mystery today. Thank you!

Wonderful! I'm happy to be able to help.
It looks as though FamilySearch has the church records in the right years for you to look for her baptism record, although you will probably have to be at a Family History center in order to view them. I hope you find her!
By the way, it was great fun to see the destination of Regina given as North West Territories. It's correct, for the year the manifest was written, but I'm just used to thinking of it as Saskatchewan so it took me a minute to catch on.
Best of luck in your research,
Sophia
BD

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:04 am      Post subject: Re: Hamburg Ship's Record

Sophia wrote:
BD wrote:
Sophia wrote:
Consider Luboczyn.
Best,
Sophia

It looks as though FamilySearch has the church records in the right years for you to look for her baptism record, although you will probably have to be at a Family History center in order to view them. I hope you find her!
By the way, it was great fun to see the destination of Regina given as North West Territories. It's correct, for the year the manifest was written, but I'm just used to thinking of it as Saskatchewan so it took me a minute to catch on.
Sophia

Yes, still a few years from being Saskatchewan at that point. I've had a look. It looks like the file I need is still only on microfilm with the LDS. But it certainly seems likely. I haven't had any trouble finding the surname in the same area. Do you have a guess as to the surname of the woman in the #2 spot? They're both from the same place. I thought I'd see if I could find her, just to confirm it that way.
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:02 am      Post subject: Re: Hamburg Ship's Record

BD wrote:
Sophia wrote:
BD wrote:
Sophia wrote:
Consider Luboczyn.
Best,
Sophia

Sophia

Yes, still a few years from being Saskatchewan at that point. I've had a look. It looks like the file I need is still only on microfilm with the LDS. But it certainly seems likely. I haven't had any trouble finding the surname in the same area. Do you have a guess as to the surname of the woman in the #2 spot? They're both from the same place. I thought I'd see if I could find her, just to confirm it that way.

Hi,
I read Dorothea's surname as Bianga. Great idea, to look for records on her as a way of confirming the name of the town.
Regarding the LDS, are you sure? My impression was that you could view digitized images of that church's microfilm, as long as you do it at a Family History Center. If what you need is the Lutheran church, the parish is Krockow (according the Kartenmeister link that I gave earlier) and the Taufen 1847-1874 Film 102439859 can be viewed at a Family History Center.
Sophia
BD

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:57 am      Post subject: Re: Hamburg Ship's Record

Sophia wrote:
BD wrote:
Sophia wrote:
BD wrote:
Sophia wrote:
Consider Luboczyn.
Best,
Sophia

Sophia

Hi,
I read Dorothea's surname as Bianga. Great idea, to look for records on her as a way of confirming the name of the town.
Regarding the LDS, are you sure? My impression was that you could view digitized images of that church's microfilm, as long as you do it at a Family History Center. If what you need is the Lutheran church, the parish is Krockow (according the Kartenmeister link that I gave earlier) and the Taufen 1847-1874 Film 102439859 can be viewed at a Family History Center.
Sophia

Hi,
Yes, that's how I read it too. I didn't know about the Family History Centers. I thought there was just the one in Utah. I'll have to go have a look. I did find an online record in Stezyca Parish, Karthaus/Kartuzy that might be her as well. But I'll go to the Family History Center and see. Thanks for your help!
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:06 am      Post subject: Re: Hamburg Ship's Record

BD wrote:
Sophia wrote:
BD wrote:
Sophia wrote:
BD wrote:
Sophia wrote:
Consider Luboczyn.
Best,
Sophia

Sophia

Hi,
Sophia

Hi,
Yes, that's how I read it too. I didn't know about the Family History Centers. I thought there was just the one in Utah. I'll have to go have a look. I did find an online record in Stezyca Parish, Karthaus/Kartuzy that might be her as well. But I'll go to the Family History Center and see. Thanks for your help!

Hi BD,

Another possible location would be an affiliate library. Since Family History Centers are staffed by volunteers the hours of operation can be rather limited. Some public libraries—usually those which have a good genealogy department—are accredited by Family Search and records which have the restriction of being viewed at a Family History Center can be viewed at the affiliated library. Since a public library has a paid staff the hours of operation are usually more convenient than at a Family History Center.

Here is a link to locate both Family History Centers and affiliate libraries: https://www.familysearch.org/help/fhcenters/locations/

Wishing you success,

Dave
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:04 am      Post subject: Re: Hamburg Ship's Record

dnowicki wrote:

Hi BD,

Another possible location would be an affiliate library. Since Family History Centers are staffed by volunteers the hours of operation can be rather limited. Some public libraries—usually those which have a good genealogy department—are accredited by Family Search and records which have the restriction of being viewed at a Family History Center can be viewed at the affiliated library. Since a public library has a paid staff the hours of operation are usually more convenient than at a Family History Center.

Here is a link to locate both Family History Centers and affiliate libraries: https://www.familysearch.org/help/fhcenters/locations/

Wishing you success,

Dave

Dave, I had no idea there were affiliate libraries where you can look at the images from the films. That is so much more convenient for me than going to a Family History Center! Thanks for posting this.
Sophia
[email protected]

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:09 pm      Post subject:

Hello kind translators!

This is my first (and probably won't be my last) request for translations.

Unfortunately I'm still getting to grips with taking files from websites so have taken a couple of screenshots with my phone. I hope the resolution is large enough that it looks fine.

I also note the request to only ask for the sections of certificates you're interested in. This being my first time trying to decode this, I would love both screenshots fully translated.

So here is my great-grandmother's birth certificate from Brzozie. Can you translate it for me please?

Many thanks,
Mark

(I should add - I know the father is Franz, the mother is Ewa Gonska - though I see there is something written between Ewa and Gonska, but that is all I already know from this certificate).

20200206_194603.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  407.08 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

20200206_194603.jpg

20200206_194533.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  413.97 KB

20200206_194533.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:38 pm      Post subject:

[quote="[email protected]"]Hello kind translators!

Unfortunately I'm still getting to grips with taking files from websites so have taken a couple of screenshots with my phone. I hope the resolution is large enough that it looks fine.

Hi Mark,

After you’ve followed Sophia’s instructions and have the image on your screen there are just a few more steps to follow in order to download the image.
1. To the right of the image you see 6 boxes. Click on the bottom box—the one with the download symbol.
2. In the large box on the far right you’ll see a rectangle with the words Download 1 (do 2000x2000[px]). Click on that rectangle. A popup will appear.
3. Ckeck “I am not a robot” and then click on “Download Register” and finally click on Download. A popup will appear asking you what to do with the file. I usually check “open with default”.

You now have the image downloaded. You can crop it, enhance it, do whatever you want your program to do and then save the image to the location of your choice. When you want to post it on PO you just go through the same process you employed to post the screenshot and you’ve accomplished everything you need to do.

BTW The word between the given and the maiden name of the mother translates as “born” or “née). If you notice, a bonus prize in your record is the signature of the father which is found at the bottom of the record. The mother usually is not present for the registration since it usually took place soon after the birth. When you have the image of their marriage record her signature will appear at the end of the document, if she was literate.

I hope that you are enjoying the adventure.

Dave
Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:49 am      Post subject:

[email protected] wrote:
Hello kind translators!

I also note the request to only ask for the sections of certificates you're interested in. This being my first time trying to decode this, I would love both screenshots fully translated.

So here is my great-grandmother's birth certificate from Brzozie. Can you translate it for me please?

Many thanks,
Mark

(I should add - I know the father is Franz, the mother is Ewa Gonska - though I see there is something written between Ewa and Gonska, but that is all I already know from this certificate).

Hello Mark

Please find attached the birth record of Hedwig Jendraszek from the registry office in Nelberg. First the transcription with the line break of the original and the translation of the document:

[first screenshot]
Nr. 51
Nelberg, am 21. Maerz 1900.
Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschien heute, der Persönlichkeit
nach
bekannt
der Schneider Franz Jendraszek
wohnhaft in Dt: [Deutsch] Brzozie
katholischer Religion, und zeigte an, daß von der
Ewa geborene Gonska
seiner Ehefrau
katholischer Religion,
wohnhaft bei ihm
[second screenshot]
zu Dt: Brzozie in seiner Wohnung
am zwanzigsten Maerz des Jahres
tausend neunhundert – vormittags
um zehn Uhr ein Mädchen
geboren worden sei und daß das Kind den Vornamen
Hedwig
erhalten habe.
Vorgelesen, genehmigt und unterschrieben
Franz Jendraseck
Der Standesbeamte
Poehlke.

No. 51.
Nelberg [Polish Nielbark], on March 21, 1900.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the tailor [Schneider] Franz Jendraszek, residing in Deutsch Brzozie [Polish Brzozie Lubawskie], of Catholic religion, and gave notice that from Ewa, born Gonska, his wife, of Catholic religion, residing with him in Deutsch Brzozie in his residence, on March 20, 1900, at 10 o’clock in the afternoon a girl was born and that the child received the first name Hedwig [Polish Jadwiga].
Read aloud, authorized and signed.
Franz Jendrazeck.
The Registrar.
Poehlke.

Best regards,
Michael
Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:34 am      Post subject: Death Record Help

Hello,
I would really appreciate help translating this Death Record of my 3xGGF Martin Kostecki. I would appreciate any info that I could get from this, but what I am after most is the maiden name of his mother Katherine.

Thank you so much!

1875-Martin Kostecki Civil DC-1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.62 MB

1875-Martin Kostecki Civil DC-1.JPG

Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:36 am      Post subject: Death Record Help

This is a larger view of Martin Kostecki Death Record if it helps.

Thank you

1875-Martin Kostecki Civil DC-zoom.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  390.96 KB

1875-Martin Kostecki Civil DC-zoom.jpg

Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:27 pm      Post subject: Re: Death Record Help

Kurt1322 wrote:
Hello,
I would really appreciate help translating this Death Record of my 3xGGF Martin Kostecki. I would appreciate any info that I could get from this, but what I am after most is the maiden name of his mother Katherine.

Thank you so much!

Hello Kurt

Please find the translation of the death record of Martin Kostecki:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 8.

Kowalewo, on March 6, 1875.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today the farmhand Jean Funka, his identity approved by the farmhand Stanislaus Blemanski of known identity, ["durch den von Person bekannten Knecht Stanislaus Blemanski von hier anerkannt der Knecht Jean Funka”, i.e. the registrar knew Stanislaus Belemanski, Stanislaus knew Jean Funka and Jean knew what happened], residing in Prochnowo and gave notice that

the inhabitant [Einwohner] Martin Kostecki, 77 years old, of Catholic religion,

residing in Prochnowo, born in Sbyszewice [I assume he meant Zbyszewice]

recently married [“zuletzt verheiratet”, i.e. Rosina was not his first wife] with Rosina Kostecki, born Schaffranski,

son of the deceased inhabitant Andreas Kostecki and his deceased wife Katharina, born unknown in Sbyszewice [“unbekannt”, i.e. the notice giver didn’t know Katharina’s maiden name but that she was born in Sbyszewice],

in Prochnowo on March 5 of the year thousand eight hundred and five, in the afternoon at six o’clock had died.

Read aloud, authorized and because the notice giver could not write marked with his sign.
+++
The Registrar.
(Signature).

Best regards,
Michael
jackiewisniewski

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:32 pm      Post subject: Translation of Marriage and Birth Record

Good afternoon!

Could someone please translate the attached marriage record for Wojciech Knap & Barbara Witek, along with the birth record of their daughter Anna Marie? I understand what each section is for, and I can read the individual names of the people involved, but I'm having a horrible time translating everything else, especially the place names.

1893 BR Anna Knap.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.28 KB

1893 BR Anna Knap.jpg

1892 MR2 Knap Witek.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  507.21 KB

1892 MR2 Knap Witek.jpg

1892 MR1 Knap Witek.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  590.18 KB

1892 MR1 Knap Witek.jpg

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 26 of 95

Jump to: