PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 461, 462, 463 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4187

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:29 am      Post subject: Re: polish marriage record translation help

zise wrote:
Hi

can someone please translate these records of my grandparents?
Thanks

Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowicz
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/35/1879/0/1/30/skan/full/yIQKr5iQOANFJpZ9TFhPAw
Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowic Death Miedzyrzec 1812 - Akt 65

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/3/skan/full/46G676RGbzEs27jTBRGsnw
Jankielowicz Hana Death Kozienice 1811 - Akt 195

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/11/skan/full/Su8S7cWYQhsW10WjWwzrvA
Mordkowicz Mosiek Death kozienice 1819 - Akt 163

I will do it.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
MrsDMos

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:21 pm      Post subject: Looking for Baptism Testimony Translation

I found this when cleaning out my parents belongings. I'm certain it holds the answer to many unanswered quesitons.
Thank you for any help

Donna Mosberger

filename-1 (3).pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  filename-1 (3).pdf
 Filesize:  617.51 KB
 Downloaded:  289 Time(s)

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:18 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for Baptism Testimony Translation

MrsDMos wrote:
I found this when cleaning out my parents belongings. I'm certain it holds the answer to many unanswered quesitons.
Thank you for any help

Donna Mosberger

im working on it

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2780

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:13 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for Baptism Testimony Translation

MrsDMos wrote:
Thank you for any help

Donna Mosberger

Hi Donna,

The certificate you posted is in Latin, not in Polish. This was typical of that time in history. Latin was the official language of the Roman Catholic for the Liturgy, records, etc. The concept was that such a certificate would be understood by Catholic priests worldwide no matter their vernacular language. It had also been the language of civil vital records in the area known as Galicia from 1772 until the end of WWI.

The parish has a web page: http://www.parafiagawluszowice.pl/ On that page is found a history of the parish church as well as contact info for the parish, should you have need of it in the future. The contemporary parish church was built during the third quarter of the 17th Century and was repaired and remodeled several times since it was built. The history contains an interesting fact—the church is the second largest wooden structure for worship in Poland. The only larger wooden house of worship is a Synagogue in Białystok.

Attached is a picture of the exterior and here is a link to additional pictures of the interior (including the baptismal font where Anna was baptized) and the exterior of the church.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x473d43aca3fa5e5b%3A0xe68b015468c6946f!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipMwwAp_xX0djpGzOhadUjInnCe-cMUR_hQtuXA%3Dw286-h192-k-no!5zZ2F3xYJ1c3pvd2ljZSBrb8WbY2nDs8WCIMWbdyB3b2pjaWVjaGEgLSBHb29nbGUgU2VhcmNo!15sCAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMwwAp_xX0djpGzOhadUjInnCe-cMUR_hQtuXA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj0pJ79rsDnAhUDC6wKHWmtB8kQoiowFHoECA0QBg

Surnames of which I am uncertain are followed by a question mark.

Here is the translation. I hope it helps you find the answers to your questions.

Dave

Top of Certificate:
Left Side: Republic of Poland
Województwo/Province: Rzeszów
District/Powiat (County): Mielec
Center: Number (of certificate issued):562/57
Right Side: Diocese: Tarnów
Dekenat (Deanery): Baranów
Parish: Gawłuszowice

Certificate of birth and of baptism

In the birth register of the parish of św. Wojciecha (St. Adalbert) in Gawłuszowice Volume II, Page 24, Number in order 2 for the village of Górki towards Krzemienica is found (lit. is read) the following:
In the year of Our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred Ninety-six (also entered in Arabic numerals) on the twenty-sixth day (also entered in Arabic numerals) of the month of November (also entered in Roman numerals) was born at house number 20 and on the twenty-seventh day of November, 1896 was baptized in the Roman Catholic Rite by Rev. Józef Głuc, the assistant pastor of this place

Col. 1: Name of the one baptized: Anna
Col. 2: Religion: Roman Catholic
Col. 3: Sex/Gender: Female
Col. 4: The (marital) bed: Legitimate
Col. 5: PARENTS
Col. 5a: The Father: Adam Gaj, a farmer, the son of Józef (Gaj) and of Antonina née Skorós(?)
Col. 5b: The Mother: Maria Drop, the daughter of Michał (Drop) and of Katarzyna née Paluch
Col 6: The Sponsors: Wojciech Bik and Agnieszka Zbieg

The midwife: Katarzyna Rołe(?)

Notation: Contracted marriage in U.S.A.

In testimony of which I sign this certificate with my own had and affirm it with the seal of the parish church.

Given in Gawłuszowice on the 13th day of November, 1957

Signature of the parish pastor with the parish seal

Screenshot_2020-02-07 Pl - Gawłuszowice - kościół św Wojciecha - Kroton 012 - Kościół św Wojciecha w Gawłuszowicach ? Wikip[...].jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  352.72 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot_2020-02-07 Pl - Gawłuszowice - kościół św Wojciecha - Kroton 012 - Kościół św Wojciecha w Gawłuszowicach ? Wikip[...].jpg

a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:14 am      Post subject: death translation

I hate asking for simple translations like the attached death record, but I think there may be relevant info that I can't miss!

#50 death on the attached, Andrew Rojewski

I think his wife is Katarzyna? Then it lists all of his kids? But there are a few words in between and I can't determine them.

Thank you

Andrew Rojewski death1844 film 8020513 img 392.jpg
 Description:
Andrew Rojewski death from Kletcko parish records
 Filesize:  1.39 MB

Andrew Rojewski death1844 film 8020513 img 392.jpg

Dave D

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:17 am      Post subject: Translation

I have marriage record I would like translated.
Boleslaw Rozylo & Zofja Nogas

Thanks in advance,
Dave D

Rozylo Bolesław - 1927 MarriageDoc.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  747.03 KB

Rozylo Bolesław - 1927 MarriageDoc.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:54 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation

Dave D wrote:
I have marriage record I would like translated.
Boleslaw Rozylo & Zofja Nogas

Thanks in advance,
Dave D

Nr 173
Bronowice
Różyło Bolesław and Zofia Władysława Nogas

It happened in Lublin town in Bronowice (town's district) on the 29th day of October 1927, at 11 a.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Władysław Kalik, 22 years old, trader from Lublin and Władysław Szymański, 47 years old, sacristan from Bronowice, a religious marriage was concluded today, between:

Bolesław Różyło, a single man, 22 years old, office clerk living in Kośminek (Lublin town's district), permanent resident of the Kawęczyn commune, born in Potok Wyszomirski located in potok Wielki parish, son of Marcin and ludwika nee Dubaj, spouses Różyło

and

Zofia Władysława Nogas, a miss, 20 years old, permanent resident of the Rachanie commune, born in Bronowice, living with her father in Bronowice, daughter of Jan and Helena Maria nee Ciarkowska, spouses Nogas.

This marriage was preceded in local parish church announced on 9th, 16th and 23rd day of October of the current year.

Newlyweds declared they did not make prenuptial agreement.

Father of the underage bride, present at writing this marriage act, gave oral permission to this marriage.
Religious marriage ceremony was celebrated by the priest Edward Gajewski, local vicar.
This act was read to the newlyweds and witnesses and signed.

Last edited by marcelproust on Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 214

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 am      Post subject: Baranowski Records

Greetings:

I am attempting to establish the relationship of three Baranowski records whom I believe to be sibblings.

A proper and complete translation of the following records will be of great help, and greatly appreciated!

#1. Marriage record of Franciszka Baranowska - Rec No 12
#2 Marriage record of Malgorzata Baranowska - Rec No 13
#3 Marriage record of Jozef Baranowski - Rec No 22

Thank you VERY much!
Joe

Jozef Baranowski M 1844.jpg
 Description:
Rec No 22
 Filesize:  658.6 KB

Jozef Baranowski M 1844.jpg

Malgorzata Baranowska M 1840.jpg
 Description:
Rec No 13
 Filesize:  479.25 KB

Malgorzata Baranowska M 1840.jpg

Franciszka Baranowska m 1843.jpg
 Description:
Record No 12
 Filesize:  778.01 KB

Franciszka Baranowska m 1843.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:55 pm      Post subject: Re: Baranowski Records

JGwizdowski wrote:
Greetings:

I am attempting to establish the relationship of three Baranowski records whom I believe to be sibblings.

A proper and complete translation of the following records will be of great help, and greatly appreciated!

#1. Marriage record of Franciszka Baranowska - Rec No 12
#2 Marriage record of Malgorzata Baranowska - Rec No 13
#3 Marriage record of Jozef Baranowski - Rec No 22

Thank you VERY much!
Joe

Nr 22
Karnkowo

It happened in the village Karnkowo on the 14th/26th day of November 1844, at 2 p.m.

witnesses: Józef Poniatowski, 46 years old, Wojciech Wojciechowski, 30 years old, farmers living in Karnkowo

religious marriage between:

Józef Baranowski, a young man, peasant, son of spouses: late Jan Baranowski and living Marianna Baranowska, born in Kobrzyniec located in Rogowo parish, farmhand working on the farm in Karnkowo, 23 years old

and

Antonina Wiśniewska, a miss, daughter of spouses: late Wawrzyniec Wiśniewski and Franciszka Wiśniewska nee Wiśniewska, born in Chodorążek, working as a servant in the manor house in Karnkowo, 20 years old.

Marriage banns: 29th October, 5th and 12th November/10th, 17th and 24th November of the current year announced in karnkowo parish.

Groom's mother and other relatives and bride's the closest cousins gave oral permission to this marriage.
There were no obstacles to this marriage.
Newlyweds declared they did not make prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the illiterate newlyweds and witnesses and signed by the priest.

Priest J. Lewandowski, Karnkowo parish administrator.

village Karnkowo, 10th/22nd November 1840, 3 p.m.

witnesses: Józef Markowski, 46 years old and Szymon Wojciechowski, 32 years old, farmers living in Żuchowo

Jan Zalewski, a young man, manor farmhand living in Żuchowo, son of spouses: late Jan Zalewski and living Tekla Zalewska nee Rakowska, 27 years old

and

Małgorzata Baranowska, a miss, daughter of spouses: Jan Baranowski and living Marianna Baranowska, born in the village Brzeźno, serving as a cook in the Żuchowo manor, 23 years old.

Priest Lewandowski.

the rest of this marriage act is on the next page (not attached)

Nr 12
Karnkowo

village Karnkowo, 9th/21st day of may 1843, at 5 p.m.

witnesses: Józef Poniatowski, 48 years old and Wojciech Wojciechowski, 29 years old, farmers living in Karnkowo

Walenty Uniszkiewicz, widowe after late Marianna nee Abramowicz, farmer living in Karnkowo, son of spouses: late Stanisław Uniszkiewicz and Katarzyna Uniszkiewicz nee Gołębiewska, born in Karnkowo, 39 years old

and

Franciszska Baranowska, a miss, daughter of spouses: late Jan Baranowski and living Marianna Baranowska nee Koniecpolska, born in Brzeźno, living with her mother in Karnkowo, 27 years old.

3 banns of marriage: 18th, 25th April, 2nd May/30th April, 7th and 14th May of the current year.

Bride's mother and relatives gave oral permission to this marriage.

This act was read to the illiterate newlyweds and witnesses and signed by the priest J. Lewandowski.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:42 pm      Post subject: Re: death translation

a4u2fear wrote:
I hate asking for simple translations like the attached death record, but I think there may be relevant info that I can't miss!

#50 death on the attached, Andrew Rojewski

I think his wife is Katarzyna? Then it lists all of his kids? But there are a few words in between and I can't determine them.

Thank you

Nr 50
24th day of September
Polska Wieś
Jędrzej Rojewski
daylabourer
husband of Katarzyna Rojewska
55 years old
cause of death: puchlina (historical medical term for a symptom of accumulating excessive fluid in tissues and natural body cavities. It does not appear in modern medical terminology.)
the death reported by the wife
Children: Helena 28 years old, Marianna 25 years old, Józefa 23 years old, Anna 21 years old, Józef 18 years old, Agnieszka 16 years old, Małgorzata 12 years old, Katarzyna 8 years old
burried on the 27th day of the current month
there is one sentence about the left property equipment but i dont understand it, it goes like this: w sprzętach 2. ??? 15....

JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 214

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:32 pm      Post subject: Jozef Baranowski

Thank you so much for your help on the Baranowski records! You are helping me immensely in tracking down new information. Attached is the birth record for Jozef Baranowski, who's marriage record you provided a translation earlier.

If you would be so kind, I would be very grateful for a proper translation of the attached birth record no 9 on the page.

I am particularly interested in the age of the mother and father, and the mother's maiden name. Her maiden name appears elsewhere as Koniecpolska, which seems to be a very archaic name.

As always, thank you so much for your help!

Joe

Jozef Baranowski b 1823.jpg
 Description:
Rec no 9
 Filesize:  534.56 KB

Jozef Baranowski b 1823.jpg

starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:40 am      Post subject:

Please help me translate this 1852 death record for Jan Wojcicki in Mikolajki, Szczepankowo parish.

szczepankowo-1852.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.82 KB

szczepankowo-1852.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 am      Post subject: Re: Jozef Baranowski

JGwizdowski wrote:
Thank you so much for your help on the Baranowski records! You are helping me immensely in tracking down new information. Attached is the birth record for Jozef Baranowski, who's marriage record you provided a translation earlier.

If you would be so kind, I would be very grateful for a proper translation of the attached birth record no 9 on the page.

I am particularly interested in the age of the mother and father, and the mother's maiden name. Her maiden name appears elsewhere as Koniecpolska, which seems to be a very archaic name.

As always, thank you so much for your help!

Joe

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 am      Post subject:

starshadow wrote:
Please help me translate this 1852 death record for Jan Wojcicki in Mikolajki, Szczepankowo parish.

I am working on it.

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2780

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:37 pm      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
a4u2fear wrote:
Looking to have the attached marriage translated from 1840 in Klecko parish

Michael Rachela and Mary Rojewska

Thanks.

Polska Wieś

eodem (latin word: in the same place), on the 18th day of June, the same as above (about the priest) - blessed the marriage between Michał Rachel, a young man, 27 years old and Marianna Rojeńska, a miss, 21 years old, with permission of bride's parents, after 3 banns of marriage, in the presence of the witnesses: Stanisław Pniewski and Ignacy Baranowski, and others.

Hi Andrew & Marcel,

Although it is correct that eodem is a Latin word and does appear in Latin dictionaries as an adverb meaning in the same place, that is neither the form nor the meaning in this entry. An error in interpreting that short word results in a skewed and inaccurate translation of important data at the beginning of the entry. The Latin word eodem is the ablative singular masculine of the demonstrative pronoun idem, eadem, idem, meaning the same. However, pronouns must connect to an antecedent, which has nothing to do with a place. Keep in mind that this record is from the German Partition and has virtually nothing in common in form with a similar record from the Russian Partition. In the Russian Partition civil records followed the Napoleonic long paragraph style, whereas in the German Partition until 1874 the civil records were transcripts of the ecclesiastical records kept by RC priests and Lutheran ministers. Although after 1820 the preferred style was the columnar format, entries also appeared in what was known as the short paragraph style. In the parish of Klecko both the short paragraph and the columnar form of marriage records exist for the year 1840. I like to contrast the Napoleonic long paragraph and the short paragraph styles by saying the goal of the long paragraph style is to state a fact in as many words as possible whereas the goal of the short paragraph style is to state a fact in as few words as possible. To accomplish its goal the short paragraph style regularly employs abbreviations whenever possible. That is the case in the marriage entry.

In this short paragraph entry the context is of prime importance in order to accurately translate the entry. Here follows a step by step explanation of the opening words of the entry. Eodem has as its antecedent the year 1840 which appears at the top of the page in the register. It agrees in case, number, and gender with annus (understood) year. The opening words of the entry are all about a date and a date specifies a day, a month, and a year. I would guess that the priest’s motivation for using the Latin pronoun was that it was the easiest and shortest word available to communicate what he intended. After the opening salvo in Latin the text switches to Polish (Dnia 18. b.m.). Here again the entry contains abbreviations—b for bieżącego and m for miesiąca. So far the line translates: “In the same year, on the 18th day of the current month...” To identify the current month it is necessary to look at prior entries for the most recent change in months. We find that the last time a month changed the entry was for November (Listopad). We could translate the entry as: “In the same year, i.e. 1840, on the 18th day of the current month of November...”—rather wordy. Or, in keeping with goal of the short paragraph style of record to state a fact in as few words as possible, we could simply translate the entry as: “On November 18, 1840...” and continue on with the remainder of the entry.

BTW The info in the record in columnar format agrees with the revised translation of this short paragraph style entry.

I hope this explanation provides useful clarification of the entry.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 461, 462, 463 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 462 of 580

Jump to: