PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:37 pm      Post subject: Polish village in Wilno

Hello
Hoping someone may know something about Lotki, Wilno, Russia. My family is from there and I can not seem to find it anywhere on the map.
Also, trying to figure out the correct spelling on Dziadziola. Pronounced Jajolla, but I have found it spelled so many different ways I don't know what's correct.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Jaime
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:27 am      Post subject:

Location of Lotki. I attach two maps from pre-1939 when the area was part of Poland.
It is located in:
województwo wileńskie Wilno Province
powiat wilejski Wilejka County
gmina wiejska Krzywicze Krzywicze rural commune
Lotki, wies Lotki village

Lotki does not have its own church, but is in the Krzywicze Catholic parish of Świętego Andrzeja (St. Andrew).
Microfilms of church records exist for Krzywice (Wilejka) - see Familysearch catalog.

Regarding the correct spelling of the surname:
He is registered as Kasimir Dziadziola on the ship manifest when he arrived in New York on 31 May 1911 on the ship President Grant.
His marriage to Ewa Jasukiewicz or Jasiekiewicz (age 23) on 30 June 1913 in Brownsville Pennsylvania has him (age 28 ) as Charles Dziadziola.
His 1942 Naturalisation has him as Kazimierz Dziadziola.
His 1942 WW2 Draft Registration Card has him as Casimer John Dziadziola with a birthdate of 10 March 1885.
His death in Ohio on 18 Feb 1960 has him as Casimer Dziadziola (and a widower at time of death)
So I think that you can safely record the correct family name as Dziadziola.

Regards
Tom

Lotki Map pre 1939.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  350.47 KB
 Viewed:  8356 Time(s)

Lotki Map pre 1939.jpg

Lotki Map pre 1939 relative to WIlno and Minsk.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  423.41 KB
 Viewed:  8356 Time(s)

Lotki Map pre 1939 relative to WIlno and Minsk.jpg

Last edited by PabianAus on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Jmecoates

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:03 am      Post subject: Family in Wilno

Thank you for the maps! They will help me narrow my search for the church my family would have used.
I asked about the spelling of the last name because there were 4 siblings that came to America and all used a different version of the same name. (Dziadziola, Dziedola, Jesjolla) except for one who used Gigley and Jigley. No idea how that happened! Lol! When I pulled Stanley Jigley's death certificate, he has Joseph Jigley as father and Antonia Dziedic as mother. It made me wonder, could they have used their mothers maiden name?

Jaime
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:28 pm      Post subject:

Most likely a relative, as the surname DZIADZIOŁA is so rare and he comes from the same area:
http://www.straty.pl/index.php/en/szukaj-w-bazie
DANE OSOBOWE
nazwisko DZIADZIOŁA imię Zenon
data urodzenia 1915-06-06 miejsce urodzenia Łozowe miejsce urodzenia (powiat) Stara Wilejka miejsce urodzenia (województwo) Wilno

INFORMACJE O PRZEŚLADOWANIACH
Źródło: Sygnatura: 20398 - oryginalna kartoteka jeniecka I
Polski Czerwony Krzyż
przydział wojskowy 81 pułk piechoty
stopień wojskowy strzelec
jeniec wojenny
dodatkowe informacje Stalag I-A; nr jeńca 60174; 30.10.1941 zwolniony.
Jmecoates

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:25 pm      Post subject: family in Wilno

You're right, it is an unusual last name....I will try to see if this is from the brother that remained behind. Thank you, I thought this would be an easy project, I was wrong! My grandmothers family changed their last name and moved quite a bit! As soon as i finish this line I have to start my grandfathers. That's the hard one. He never talked about his family and went by Rutka, Lutka, Lutkus, Lotka. Lord only knows which is correct! Lol

Jaime
jmack

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:28 am      Post subject: Dziadziola

I have just started researching my family roots and came across this post. I just visited Krakow, Poland in December and wished I would have known more of where my family originated. My paternal grandfather was Kazimierz "Casimer" Dziadziola, married to Ewa "Eva." My father was Stephen E. Jajola.
Jmecoates

Post Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:31 pm      Post subject:

Casimer was my great grandmothers brother. I have a file on him and Eva that includes their arrival and marriage. I will happily forward any information to you if it helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: