PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 461, 462, 463  Next
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 176

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 am      Post subject: Baranowski Records

Greetings:

I am attempting to establish the relationship of three Baranowski records whom I believe to be sibblings.

A proper and complete translation of the following records will be of great help, and greatly appreciated!

#1. Marriage record of Franciszka Baranowska - Rec No 12
#2 Marriage record of Malgorzata Baranowska - Rec No 13
#3 Marriage record of Jozef Baranowski - Rec No 22

Thank you VERY much!
Joe

Jozef Baranowski M 1844.jpg
 Description:
Rec No 22
 Filesize:  658.6 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Jozef Baranowski M 1844.jpg

Malgorzata Baranowska M 1840.jpg
 Description:
Rec No 13
 Filesize:  479.25 KB

Malgorzata Baranowska M 1840.jpg

Franciszka Baranowska m 1843.jpg
 Description:
Record No 12
 Filesize:  778.01 KB

Franciszka Baranowska m 1843.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2017

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:55 pm      Post subject: Re: Baranowski Records

JGwizdowski wrote:
Greetings:

I am attempting to establish the relationship of three Baranowski records whom I believe to be sibblings.

A proper and complete translation of the following records will be of great help, and greatly appreciated!

#1. Marriage record of Franciszka Baranowska - Rec No 12
#2 Marriage record of Malgorzata Baranowska - Rec No 13
#3 Marriage record of Jozef Baranowski - Rec No 22

Thank you VERY much!
Joe

Nr 22
Karnkowo

It happened in the village Karnkowo on the 14th/26th day of November 1844, at 2 p.m.

witnesses: Józef Poniatowski, 46 years old, Wojciech Wojciechowski, 30 years old, farmers living in Karnkowo

religious marriage between:

Józef Baranowski, a young man, peasant, son of spouses: late Jan Baranowski and living Marianna Baranowska, born in Kobrzyniec located in Rogowo parish, farmhand working on the farm in Karnkowo, 23 years old

and

Antonina Wiśniewska, a miss, daughter of spouses: late Wawrzyniec Wiśniewski and Franciszka Wiśniewska nee Wiśniewska, born in Chodorążek, working as a servant in the manor house in Karnkowo, 20 years old.

Marriage banns: 29th October, 5th and 12th November/10th, 17th and 24th November of the current year announced in karnkowo parish.

Groom's mother and other relatives and bride's the closest cousins gave oral permission to this marriage.
There were no obstacles to this marriage.
Newlyweds declared they did not make prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the illiterate newlyweds and witnesses and signed by the priest.

Priest J. Lewandowski, Karnkowo parish administrator.

village Karnkowo, 10th/22nd November 1840, 3 p.m.

witnesses: Józef Markowski, 46 years old and Szymon Wojciechowski, 32 years old, farmers living in Żuchowo

Jan Zalewski, a young man, manor farmhand living in Żuchowo, son of spouses: late Jan Zalewski and living Tekla Zalewska nee Rakowska, 27 years old

and

Małgorzata Baranowska, a miss, daughter of spouses: Jan Baranowski and living Marianna Baranowska, born in the village Brzeźno, serving as a cook in the Żuchowo manor, 23 years old.

Priest Lewandowski.

the rest of this marriage act is on the next page (not attached)

Nr 12
Karnkowo

village Karnkowo, 9th/21st day of may 1843, at 5 p.m.

witnesses: Józef Poniatowski, 48 years old and Wojciech Wojciechowski, 29 years old, farmers living in Karnkowo

Walenty Uniszkiewicz, widowe after late Marianna nee Abramowicz, farmer living in Karnkowo, son of spouses: late Stanisław Uniszkiewicz and Katarzyna Uniszkiewicz nee Gołębiewska, born in Karnkowo, 39 years old

and

Franciszska Baranowska, a miss, daughter of spouses: late Jan Baranowski and living Marianna Baranowska nee Koniecpolska, born in Brzeźno, living with her mother in Karnkowo, 27 years old.

3 banns of marriage: 18th, 25th April, 2nd May/30th April, 7th and 14th May of the current year.

Bride's mother and relatives gave oral permission to this marriage.

This act was read to the illiterate newlyweds and witnesses and signed by the priest J. Lewandowski.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:42 pm      Post subject: Re: death translation

a4u2fear wrote:
I hate asking for simple translations like the attached death record, but I think there may be relevant info that I can't miss!

#50 death on the attached, Andrew Rojewski

I think his wife is Katarzyna? Then it lists all of his kids? But there are a few words in between and I can't determine them.

Thank you

Nr 50
24th day of September
Polska Wieś
Jędrzej Rojewski
daylabourer
husband of Katarzyna Rojewska
55 years old
cause of death: puchlina (historical medical term for a symptom of accumulating excessive fluid in tissues and natural body cavities. It does not appear in modern medical terminology.)
the death reported by the wife
Children: Helena 28 years old, Marianna 25 years old, Józefa 23 years old, Anna 21 years old, Józef 18 years old, Agnieszka 16 years old, Małgorzata 12 years old, Katarzyna 8 years old
burried on the 27th day of the current month
there is one sentence about the left property equipment but i dont understand it, it goes like this: w sprzętach 2. ??? 15....

JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 176

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:32 pm      Post subject: Jozef Baranowski

Thank you so much for your help on the Baranowski records! You are helping me immensely in tracking down new information. Attached is the birth record for Jozef Baranowski, who's marriage record you provided a translation earlier.

If you would be so kind, I would be very grateful for a proper translation of the attached birth record no 9 on the page.

I am particularly interested in the age of the mother and father, and the mother's maiden name. Her maiden name appears elsewhere as Koniecpolska, which seems to be a very archaic name.

As always, thank you so much for your help!

Joe

Jozef Baranowski b 1823.jpg
 Description:
Rec no 9
 Filesize:  534.56 KB

Jozef Baranowski b 1823.jpg

starshadow

Replies: 197

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:40 am      Post subject:

Please help me translate this 1852 death record for Jan Wojcicki in Mikolajki, Szczepankowo parish.

szczepankowo-1852.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.82 KB

szczepankowo-1852.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:26 am      Post subject: Re: Jozef Baranowski

JGwizdowski wrote:
Thank you so much for your help on the Baranowski records! You are helping me immensely in tracking down new information. Attached is the birth record for Jozef Baranowski, who's marriage record you provided a translation earlier.

If you would be so kind, I would be very grateful for a proper translation of the attached birth record no 9 on the page.

I am particularly interested in the age of the mother and father, and the mother's maiden name. Her maiden name appears elsewhere as Koniecpolska, which seems to be a very archaic name.

Joe

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 am      Post subject:

starshadow wrote:
Please help me translate this 1852 death record for Jan Wojcicki in Mikolajki, Szczepankowo parish.

I am working on it.

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1901

Post Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:37 pm      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
a4u2fear wrote:
Looking to have the attached marriage translated from 1840 in Klecko parish

Michael Rachela and Mary Rojewska

Thanks.

Polska Wieś

eodem (latin word: in the same place), on the 18th day of June, the same as above (about the priest) - blessed the marriage between Michał Rachel, a young man, 27 years old and Marianna Rojeńska, a miss, 21 years old, with permission of bride's parents, after 3 banns of marriage, in the presence of the witnesses: Stanisław Pniewski and Ignacy Baranowski, and others.

Hi Andrew & Marcel,

Although it is correct that eodem is a Latin word and does appear in Latin dictionaries as an adverb meaning in the same place, that is neither the form nor the meaning in this entry. An error in interpreting that short word results in a skewed and inaccurate translation of important data at the beginning of the entry. The Latin word eodem is the ablative singular masculine of the demonstrative pronoun idem, eadem, idem, meaning the same. However, pronouns must connect to an antecedent, which has nothing to do with a place. Keep in mind that this record is from the German Partition and has virtually nothing in common in form with a similar record from the Russian Partition. In the Russian Partition civil records followed the Napoleonic long paragraph style, whereas in the German Partition until 1874 the civil records were transcripts of the ecclesiastical records kept by RC priests and Lutheran ministers. Although after 1820 the preferred style was the columnar format, entries also appeared in what was known as the short paragraph style. In the parish of Klecko both the short paragraph and the columnar form of marriage records exist for the year 1840. I like to contrast the Napoleonic long paragraph and the short paragraph styles by saying the goal of the long paragraph style is to state a fact in as many words as possible whereas the goal of the short paragraph style is to state a fact in as few words as possible. To accomplish its goal the short paragraph style regularly employs abbreviations whenever possible. That is the case in the marriage entry.

In this short paragraph entry the context is of prime importance in order to accurately translate the entry. Here follows a step by step explanation of the opening words of the entry. Eodem has as its antecedent the year 1840 which appears at the top of the page in the register. It agrees in case, number, and gender with annus (understood) year. The opening words of the entry are all about a date and a date specifies a day, a month, and a year. I would guess that the priest’s motivation for using the Latin pronoun was that it was the easiest and shortest word available to communicate what he intended. After the opening salvo in Latin the text switches to Polish (Dnia 18. b.m.). Here again the entry contains abbreviations—b for bieżącego and m for miesiąca. So far the line translates: “In the same year, on the 18th day of the current month...” To identify the current month it is necessary to look at prior entries for the most recent change in months. We find that the last time a month changed the entry was for November (Listopad). We could translate the entry as: “In the same year, i.e. 1840, on the 18th day of the current month of November...”—rather wordy. Or, in keeping with goal of the short paragraph style of record to state a fact in as few words as possible, we could simply translate the entry as: “On November 18, 1840...” and continue on with the remainder of the entry.

BTW The info in the record in columnar format agrees with the revised translation of this short paragraph style entry.

I hope this explanation provides useful clarification of the entry.

Dave
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:42 pm      Post subject: Re: Jozef Baranowski

JGwizdowski wrote:

Joe

Kobrzeniec Nowy

It happened on the 19th day of January 1823, at 11 a.m.. In front of Us, priest Antoni Zawidzki, administrator of Rogowo parish, serving as Civil Registrar for Rogowo commune locsated in Płock district and Płock voivodeship, appeared peasant Jan Baranowski, 30 years old, living in Kobrzeniec Mały, coachman working in manor house, and presented Us a male child, born in his house number 3 on the 15th day of the current month and year, at 4 a.m., with him and his wife Marianna nee Rutkowska, 30 years old and his wish is to name the child Józef.
The above statement and child's presentation took place in the presence of the peasants: Józef Chojnowski, 30 years old, farmer from Kobrzeniec Nowy and Dominik Leszczyński, 32 years old, farmer living in Kobrzeniec Nowy, who are not the relatives, all romancatholics.
This act was read to the illiterate present and signed by the registrar.

Priest Antoni Zawidzki, Civil Registrar.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:54 pm      Post subject:

starshadow wrote:

Nr 48
Mikołajki

It happened in Szczepankowo on the 5th/17th day of May 1852, at 10 a.m.
Appeared Tomasz Osmulski, 44 years old and Wojciech Szreter, 37 years old, peasants, farmers from Mikołajki, and they declared that on the 3rd/15th day of May of the current year, at 2 a.m. died Jan Wojcicki, peasant, farmer who lived in Mikołajki, 56 years old, , son of late spouses: Józef Wojcik and his wife of uknown name, peasants from Dębowo. He left his widowed wife Kunegunda nee Szustak (could be written Szostak) in Mikołajki.
After eye belief about Jan Wojcicki's death this act was read to the illiterate declarants.

Priest Wojciech Wyszyński, parson of Szczepankowo parish.

zise

Replies: 36

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:19 pm      Post subject: Re: polish marriage record translation help

marcelproust wrote:
zise wrote:
Hi

can someone please translate these records of my grandparents?
Thanks

Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowicz
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/35/1879/0/1/30/skan/full/yIQKr5iQOANFJpZ9TFhPAw
Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowic Death Miedzyrzec 1812 - Akt 65

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/3/skan/full/46G676RGbzEs27jTBRGsnw
Jankielowicz Hana Death Kozienice 1811 - Akt 195

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/11/skan/full/Su8S7cWYQhsW10WjWwzrvA
Mordkowicz Mosiek Death kozienice 1819 - Akt 163

I will do it.

Hi
Did you have a chance to do it?

Thanks
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:00 am      Post subject: Re: polish marriage record translation help

zise wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
zise wrote:
Hi

can someone please translate these records of my grandparents?
Thanks

Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowicz
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/35/1879/0/1/30/skan/full/yIQKr5iQOANFJpZ9TFhPAw
Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowic Death Miedzyrzec 1812 - Akt 65

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/3/skan/full/46G676RGbzEs27jTBRGsnw
Jankielowicz Hana Death Kozienice 1811 - Akt 195

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/11/skan/full/Su8S7cWYQhsW10WjWwzrvA
Mordkowicz Mosiek Death kozienice 1819 - Akt 163

I will do it.

Hi
Did you have a chance to do it?

Thanks

nr 65
death record for Ajzyk Jankielowicz, from Międzyrzecz town, of Jewish faith.

It happened on the 9th day of march 1812, at 10 a.m.
It front of Us, Międzyrzecz parish parson, serving as the Civil Registrar for Międzyrzecz commune located in Radzyń county, in Siedlce department, appeared old covenant jews: Lejbko Herszkowicz, 40 years old, hosier and Ajzyk Jankielowicz, 21 years old, hosier, both living in Międzyrzecz town and they declared that on the 8th day of the current month and year, at 9 p.m.m died in Międzyrzecz town in the house owned by Lewek Wirzbicki, pottery master, located at Brzyska street number 234: Alzyk Jankielowicz, 1 year old, son of Jankiel Mordkowicz and Gołda nee Beniaminiowicz. He lived in Biała town (i think it is about Biała Podlaska), tanner.
This act was read to the illiterate declarants and signed by Us.

Nr 195
Hana Jankielówna

It happened on the 18th day of August 1811, at 3 p.m.
In front of Us, priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, Kozienice parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar for Kozienice commune, located in Kozienice county in Radom department, appeared: Nachum Abrachamowicz, jew, living in Howno (maybe the priest made a mistake and wanted to write Kowno) in Austrian country, who came here (came or maybe settled, it is not specified), 30 years old and Szmul Judkiewicz, teacher (i think it refers to a Cheder teacher), living in Kozienice, 40 years old and they declared that on the 18th day of the current month and year, in the house number 250, at 6 a.m. died Hana Jankielówna, 25 years old, wife of the declarant Nachum Abrachamowicz.
This act was read and signed by us and the witnesses mentioned in this act.

Priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, serving as Civil Registrar for the Kozienice parish and town.

Priest Adam Kukiel, Civil Registrar.

Markowicz Mosiek

It happened on the 20th day of December 1812. In front of Us. In front of Us, parish parson and Civil Registrar, appeared: Szmul Judkowicz and Abraham Lewkowicz, teachers (probobly Chedar teachers) from Kozienice and they declared that at 1??? p.m., in the house nr 5???(can't read it) died Mosiek Markowicz, 30 years old, rigger (outfitter?, someone who repairs rigging). He was sent from Brzeźnica???? to visit the doctor. Son of Mortka and Dobra.
This act was read and written down and signed.

Priest Józef Baranowski, Kozienice parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar.

LadaClan

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:35 pm      Post subject: Birth record translation

I am searching for clues to this family. I need a translation of this birth/baptism record. I believe it is for Stanislaw Gnatowski, son of Anna Gnatowska, born 1852 in Poniaty Wielkie.

stanislaw_birth186.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2 MB

stanislaw_birth186.png

Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:42 pm      Post subject: Re: Birth record translation

LadaClan wrote:
I am searching for clues to this family. I need a translation of this birth/baptism record. I believe it is for Stanislaw Gnatowski, son of Anna Gnatowska, born 1852 in Poniaty Wielkie.

I am working on it.

Irek

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:16 pm      Post subject: Re: Birth record translation

LadaClan wrote:

In Polish:
PONIATY KĘCKI Działo się to w WINNICY dnia pierwszego/trzynastego grudnia tysiąc osiemset pięćdziesiątego drugiego roku o godzinia trzeciej po południu
= Stawiła się Anna Chmielewska akuszerka lat pięćdziesiąt licząca w Poniatach Ciborach [PONIATY CIBORY] zamieszkała W przytomności Józefa Kózkowskiego [Józef Kuskowski] lat trzydzieści i Karola Pokrzywnickiego [Karol Porzywnicki] lat dwadzieścia cztery mających obydwóch Dziedziców części w Poniatach Kęckach [PONIATY KĘCKI] zamieszkałych i okazała nam dziecię płci męskiej urodzone w Poniatach Kęckach [PONIATY KĘCKI] dnia dzisiejszego o godzinie drugiej przed południem, spłodzone z Anny Gnatowskiej [ANNA GNATOWSKA] bezmężnej lat dziewiętnaście liczącej =
Dziecięciu temu na chrzcie świetym w dniu dzisiejszym odbytym nadane zostało imię STANISŁAW, a rodzicami chrzestnymi byli Leon Poniatowski i Karolina Wardzińska =
Akt ten stawającemu i świadkom przeczytane, przez nas tylko podpisany został, osoby w akcie wyrażone pisać nie umieją.
Ksiądz Antoni Grodzki - Proboszcz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 461, 462, 463  Next Page 462 of 463

Jump to: