PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:59 am      Post subject: Mogilno Land Records (how to read)

Can someone help me with Mogilno records:

Civil records relating to land registration and taxation for Mogilno, Posen, Germany; now Mogilno (Mogilno) Bydgoszcz, Poland. Text in German and Polish. Gives ownerś names and land description.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/510086?availability=Family%20History%20Library

It's the film above. I can usually scroll through records no matter what the language but there doesn't appear to be a good way to parse through these.

I know I had relatives in Mogilno during this time so they should be in here right?

If anyone has an inkling how to I can begin to look through these. Are they split by parish or town in Mogilno? I've tried going page by page but I do not know how they're set up.
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:24 pm      Post subject: Re: Mogilno Land Records (how to read)

a4u2fear wrote:

Civil records relating to land registration and taxation for Mogilno, Posen, Germany; now Mogilno (Mogilno) Bydgoszcz, Poland. Text in German and Polish. Gives ownerś names and land description.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/510086?availability=Family%20History%20Library

It's the film above. I can usually scroll through records no matter what the language but there doesn't appear to be a good way to parse through these.

I know I had relatives in Mogilno during this time so they should be in here right?

If anyone has an inkling how to I can begin to look through these. Are they split by parish or town in Mogilno? I've tried going page by page but I do not know how they're set up.

Here's one part of the records that looks logical: If you go to Image 57 of 170, you will see that there is a list of names. Then you'll have to fast-forward in the document to where the number corresponding to the name is. The left-hand column is in German, the right-hand column is in Polish.
There seems to be various books on this film, and you can read the title page of each book to see where in Mogilno it is from.
Sophia
Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Mogilno Land Records (how to read)

Sophia wrote:
a4u2fear wrote:

Here's one part of the records that looks logical: If you go to Image 57 of 170, you will see that there is a list of names. Then you'll have to fast-forward in the document to where the number corresponding to the name is. The left-hand column is in German, the right-hand column is in Polish.
There seems to be various books on this film, and you can read the title page of each book to see where in Mogilno it is from.
Sophia

This document is a result of the agricultural reforms Prussia started in the first half of the 19th century. It is a collection of disputes (“Auseinandersetzungsrezesse”) between farmers and landlords regarding mutual rights and compensations. They are split by villages / estates and most start with the introduction of the involved parties, so you might scan the documents whether your relatives are mentioned. Please note that this document is not a complete land register, hence you might not find any relative as long as they were not involved in such a dispute.
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: