PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:11 am      Post subject: Looking for information about Myśliwy Family who lived in Sz

HI. I live in Szebnie and I am looking for information about Myśliwy Family who lived in Szebnie before first WW and they emigrated to USA.
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:30 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

What are the given names of the people your are researching?

I found a Jozef Myśliwy born about 1892 who came to USA in 1910. His fathers name is Jan, His destination was to see his uncle Paul Myśliwy in East Chicago, Indiana.

There are several others with surname Myśliwy who immigrated around the same time.

Cynthia
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:56 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for information about Myśliwy Family who lived i

Amalie Ellwood wrote:
HI. I live in Szebnie and I am looking for information about Myśliwy Family who lived in Szebnie before first WW and they emigrated to USA.

Hi,

If the Józef Cynthia found is of interest to you, here is a link to the naturalization papers of Paul/Paweł, who was possibly not related to Józef, whom Cynthia found, but he lived in East Chicago and was born in Szebnie (spelled Szebnia on the papers) on February 1, 1887 and died in 1964 and was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery in Calumet City, Illinois.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSBP-H9N7-M?i=214&cc=2137708&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AHSP5-4JN2

Wishing you success in your search,

Dave
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:15 pm      Post subject:

Hi Dave,

The Paul you found is the uncle of Jozef according to Jozef’s passenger list. His passenger list also said he was born in “Trzebnie, Podkarpakie, Galicia”. It is attached.

Cynthia

0CD416D5-9D05-49B1-8B15-066D08AD47A8.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.54 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

0CD416D5-9D05-49B1-8B15-066D08AD47A8.jpeg

14B5D157-3579-4895-8A5C-8A5B5024FE84.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.02 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

14B5D157-3579-4895-8A5C-8A5B5024FE84.jpeg

Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:26 am      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hi Dave,

The Paul you found is the uncle of Jozef according to Jozef’s passenger list. His passenger list also said he was born in “Trzebnie, Podkarpakie, Galicia”. It is attached.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

I had seen the passenger manifest but didn’t want to conclude that the Paweł/Paul was the uncle of Józef for two reasons: 1. Age—the two were only about 5 years apart in age—not that that per se renders the relationship improbable. But 2. Another Paweł/Paul, who was born in 1865 lived in East Chicago. He was born in powiat of Jaslo, was naturalized in Illinois Northern District in 1921, died in 1946 and also was buried in Holy Cross in Calumet City, His age makes him the more likely candidate to be the uncle. Perhaps the Paul who petitioned for naturalization in 1913 is a cousin of Józef. Anyway those individuals would be easy to research—just not at this time. The 1913 Paul was married at St. Stanislaus Catholic Church in East Chicago. The records for the parishes of the diocese of Gary have been filmed and digitized but must be viewed in a Family History Center or affiliated library, which are closed due to the pandemic. Copies of the films of the parishes of the Gary Diocese also happen to be in the Michigan City Public Library. Michigan City is where I live. Also, I’m very familiar with Holy Cross Cemetery. It is where my family is buried plus I had a summer job there during high school. Since Calumet City borders Hammond, Indiana many Poles who lived in Hammond, East Chicago, and Whiting were buried there.

However, there is little point in doing speculative research without more information from Amalie regarding individuals of interest to her.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: