PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:21 am      Post subject: Looking for any family connections

Dear whoever it may concern,

I am looking for information on the following people:
Jan Karczewski (my Great-Grandfather) born October 12 1886 in Utliwiki (Otliwki), Wilno, Poland.
Jan’s wife (my Great-Grandfather’s first wife; no relation to me). I think her name may have been Maria and she may have been born in 1892.

And their children:
Leokadia Karczewska (my Great-Aunt) born 1923; died September 18 1940.
Helena Karczewska (my Great-Aunt) born June 11 1925 in Kijów, Rosja (now Kiev, Ukraine).
Henryk Karczewski (my Great-Uncle) born July 26 1927 in Wilno, Poland.
Teresa Karczewska (my Great-Aunt) born November 29 1929 (or October 6 1929) in Majsiejonki, Wilno, Poland.
Zdzislaw Karczewski (my Great-Uncle) born June 24 1935 in Kamianny Jez, Wilno, Poland.

Jan’s father’s name was Apolinary Karczewski; I’m assuming he died before World War 2.

The whole family was deported from the Vileyka district in 1940 (after the Soviet invasion) and were taken to Arkhangelsk, Russia.

Maria and Leokadia both died in Russia. The rest of the family survived and were eventually taken to Persia. The family was resettled in Tehran Camp, Iran in 1942. The family was then moved to Tengeru Camp, Tanganyika (Tanzania).

Jan had two children with a woman called Ludwika Dzieklińska (Greniewicz) (my Great-Grandmother); Antoni Alfred Karczewski (my Great-Uncle) born September 12 1946 and Richard (or Ryszard) Karczewski (My Grandfather) born January 10 or 12 1948 (both children were born in Tengeru Camp).

Ludwika was born February 2 1905 in Taciewo, Bialystok, Podlaskie, Poland; she was registered in Jeleniewo Parish. Ludwika’s father’s name was Antoni Dziekliński and her mother’s name was Ewa Rukść (Ruksij)

Antoni and Ewa had four other children; Aleksander (born 1899), Franciszka (born 1902), Magdalena (born 1908) and Stanislaw (born 1912). I don’t know what happened to Ludwika’s parents or siblings.

Ludwika was possibly married twice; I know nothing about her first marriage but I know some information about her second marriage. Her second husband’s name was Boleslaw Greniewicz (Gryniewicz) and she had a son called Zdzislaw. It is possible that she had children with her first husband too. Throughout the marriages, I think she still remained in Podlaskie; she lived in Suwałki.

Boleslaw Greniewicz was born in 1903; his father was called Andrzej. And Zdzislaw was born in 1938. Boleslaw died in Russia May 27 1942 and I don’t know what happened to Zdzislaw.

Helena went to Italy and then to England. She married a man called Kazimierz Dabrowski and had two daughters; Wanda and Anna (both born in 1950).
Henryk, Teresa and Zdzislaw (K) went to Australia in 1950. Teresa married a man called Boleslaw Szymanski and had four children.
Jan, Ludwika, Antoni-Alfred and Ryszard came to England in September 1950. Ludwika married a man called Jan Woloszczuk (he died in 1956) and eventually went back to Poland in 1972, where she died in 1980. Jan Karczewski died in 1958.

If anyone recognises any names, please feel free to message me. My email is [email protected]

Thank you,
Jane Karczewski
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: