PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:20 pm      Post subject: Wasilewski namesake

Searching for information about any Wasilewski that immigrated to the United States between 1900 and 1908. He resided in North east Pa. Mainly in Wilkes-Barre area. Possibly on west side ( Kingston/Luzerne. ). Any information would be appreciated.
Send e-mail
cjsulcoski

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:31 am      Post subject: Wasilewski -- Northeastern PA

Hi. My GG-father, Frank Washilewski, immigrated in 1911 with his family. He may have made another trip prior to the 1911 one. His wife was Michalena and they lived in the Plymouth area for many years. His death certificate lists his parents as Peter/Piotr Wasilewski and Jozega Tombak/Tombek.

I don't have much information about the family prior to their arrival in 1911.
Wally1049

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:01 pm      Post subject: Wasilewski

We may have a possible connection. It's possible that your GG -father, may have had some brothers. But my research shows a Wasilewski coming to America in or around 1900-1903. His name was William Wasilewski, and he did marry but it wasn't Michalena. It was Wadislawa Jablonski. She had a sister named Michalina
I will have to check his marriage application. So if you know of any brothers there s that possibility. Also if you can find out the village that he came from would also be helpful. We can't make out the name of the village due to the penmanship . It's very cursive.. You sad with his family , so what was the names. Due to limited postings in the forum it's better to do regular e-mail . If you want you can contact me at wally1049@ gmail.com.
Send e-mail
cjsulcoski

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:29 pm      Post subject: +++3

I don't have any information about a Wasilewski relative named William. I also never heard any of my family mention nearby Wasilewski relatives other than my GGM's children. My GGM Michalena was Witkowska, not Jablonska, so she would not be related to your Wladislawa. My GGF's death certificate lists his father as Peter/Piotr and his mother as Josefa but that is all I know about them.

My GGM was born in Burdyniski near parish Wigry. I believe she was married in Poland. She immigrated in 1911. I have seen the name "Jeleniewo" listed in the ship's paperwork so that may be a clue. You might also see "Suvalki" or "Suwalki" which was the province name and isn't very helpful since it refers to such a large area.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: