PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:01 pm      Post subject: Villages near Lomza Help (Parish info)

Hello,

Thank you all who are helping with these. It is such a blessing to have your assistance.

I have traced my ancestors to Lomza County, but have had some trouble locating specific records since it seems that they have moved around the county for each child. I will list the ones I know, and was hoping that someone could point me to a parish/name of records that might give me a place to look deeper.

Wojciech Budziszewski - marriage around 1848, Parish Novgorod, Place - Chmielewo (Looking for a digital scan for this record)

Wojciech Budziszewski - (Looking for parish for Drogoszewo for around 1819)

Adam Budziszewski - born around 1858 in Mikolajki (I would think the one near Lomza?) - Wife Wladyslawa Jutkiewicz - (Looking for this parish)

Kacper Budziszewski - Marriage 1819, Parish: Miasktkowo (Looking for a parish for this date)

Thank you for any insights!
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:17 pm      Post subject: Re: Villages near Lomza Help (Parish info)

FamilyBudziszewski wrote:
Hello,

Thank you all who are helping with these. It is such a blessing to have your assistance.

I have traced my ancestors to Lomza County, but have had some trouble locating specific records since it seems that they have moved around the county for each child. I will list the ones I know, and was hoping that someone could point me to a parish/name of records that might give me a place to look deeper.

Wojciech Budziszewski - marriage around 1848, Parish Novgorod, Place - Chmielewo (Looking for a digital scan for this record)

Wojciech Budziszewski - (Looking for parish for Drogoszewo for around 1819)

Adam Budziszewski - born around 1858 in Mikolajki (I would think the one near Lomza?) - Wife Wladyslawa Jutkiewicz - (Looking for this parish)

Kacper Budziszewski - Marriage 1819, Parish: Miasktkowo (Looking for a parish for this date)

Thank you for any insights!

Hello FamilyBudziszewski,

Welcome to our forum! I was able to find some information about your ancestors:

1. Wojciech Budziszewski - born in 1819 in Drogoszewo, Miastkowo parish, no scan available, record kept in Diocesan Archives in Łomża
https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=10pl&rid=B&search_lastname=budziszewski&search_name=wojciech&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=

2. Adam Budziszewski - I found a birth record of Adam's son - Antoni. Please look at this https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=10pl&rid=3079&search_lastname=budziszewski&search_name=adam&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1892&to_date=1892
We can read there about Adam, born in Tarnowo (Miastkowo parish) in 1892, son of Adam Budziszewski and Władysława J.
When we go to the scan of the record, here (act 188): https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/5/552/0/-/2/skan/full/BmI6c_3tRbCt4vKfa38kYw
we see that the name of the child is Antoni, not Adam, and the name of parents are: Adam Budziszewski and Władysława nee Juszkiewicz

3. Kacper Budziszewski - there is information about his marriage with Tekla Sienicka in 1819 in Miastkowo parish, unfortunately no scan available, record kept in Diocesan Archives in Łomża
https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=S&w=10pl&rid=S&search_lastname=budziszewski&search_name=kacper&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=

I found also information about children of Tekla and Kacper (Wojciech among others): https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=10pl&rid=B&search_lastname=budziszewski&search_name=kacper&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=

Good luck with your research!
Katarzyna

If you wish our assistance, you can read more here: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy/
FamilyBudziszewski

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:49 pm      Post subject: Re: Villages near Lomza Help (Parish info)

[quote="katarzyna_t"]
Hello,

Katarzyna

If you wish our assistance, you can read more here: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy/

Thank you for that info and for the responses! I appreciate the help.

So for the parish records that do not have scans, is it possible to contact the Diocesan Archives in Łomża to obtain a copy or transcript of the record or are there other options that I might try?

Thank you!
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:27 am      Post subject:

Hello FamilyBudziszewski. I've done extensive research in the records of Miastkowo parish. Mikołajki is in nearby Szczepankowo parish, and I've done research there as well. My family from those parishes are Spizarny and Wojcicki (both from Szczepankowo), Ciecierski, Prazych, Swiecki, and Ustach (all from Miastkowo).

If Adam Budziszewski was born in Mikolajki in 1858, his birth should appear on either FHL microfilm #958451 (which has births 1836-1860), or #958454 (which has births 1845-1858). Both of those films are online, but must be viewed on a computer at your local LDS Family History Center.

As for Wojciech born in 1819 in Miastkowo, that should be found on FHL #995611. And Kacper and Tekla's 1819 marriage should be found on #995613.

However with the lockdown, you might not be able to get scans anytime soon. No Family History Centers are currently open. But I'll try to check for whatever I can whenever I get a chance.
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:42 am      Post subject:

By the way, I just checked my tree data, and I actually have a member of the Budziszewski family listed. Antonina Kedzierska was the wife of my 2nd-great uncle Jozef Spizarny. She was born about 1889 in Drogoszewo, and her mother was Marianna Budziszewska. Here's a screenshot.

kedzierski-budziszewski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.03 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

kedzierski-budziszewski.jpg

Last edited by starshadow on Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:43 am      Post subject: Re: Villages near Lomza Help (Parish info)

[quote="FamilyBudziszewski"]
katarzyna_t wrote:
Hello,

Katarzyna

Thank you for that info and for the responses! I appreciate the help.

So for the parish records that do not have scans, is it possible to contact the Diocesan Archives in Łomża to obtain a copy or transcript of the record or are there other options that I might try?

Thank you!

Yes, you can try to contact the Diocesan Archives in Łomża, here is an email address: [email protected]

There is also another way (if you live near a Family History Center of Mormon Church): baptisms, marriages and deaths records for Miastkowo parish for years 1732-1870 are available on the FamilySearch, here:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/121205?availability=Family%20History%20Library

The LDS film needs to be viewed at the Family History Center.

Best regards from Poland!
Katarzyna

LDS Miastkowo.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.78 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

LDS Miastkowo.JPG

FamilyBudziszewski

Post Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:34 am      Post subject:

Thank you everyone, this is really appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: