PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:58 am      Post subject: Ancestor search (Munkachy and Burschtianska from Piwniczna)

Perhaps you may be able to help me.
Two of my ancestors lived in Piwniczna near Nowy Sacq around the 1780s.
Alexander Munkachy and Constantia Burschtianska.
I am searching for their marriage records. They attended the Roman Catholic
church, lived, and raised their family in Piwniczna.
I have the family records, the church is missing records before 1785. I researched the Tarnow diocese records and they referred me to the Krakow Diocese. Krakow claims they do not
have the marriage records.
I need some one in the Krakow area to locate any civil marriage records for the area..
I would appreciate any help and direction.
Thank you for your assistance.
Louis Sedlak ([email protected]}

Piotr Zelny
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:50 pm      Post subject:

Hi Louis

To find the older files you must research collections of files of local parishes. In regard to Piwniczna they go back to 1615. It doesn't mean that the vital books go back to this date but they may go. On web of Genealodzy.pl it is sad that there are vital books of marriages and deaths till 1759. I belive that it's truth although I can't give guarantees untill see them. They are in the diocesan archive in Tarnów.
http://archiwum.diecezja.tarnow.pl/akta-lokalne-diecezja-tarnowska.html
If you wish our assistance, you can read more here: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy/ or just write to me.

Piotr

Zrzut ekranu (40).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.6 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Zrzut ekranu (40).png

Piotr Zelny
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:43 am      Post subject:

Hello again,
I suppos that you sow or even based your searches on microfilms available on FamilySearch. There are also info on vital books of Piwniczna, just births from 1759 - 1791. But apart of that information I don't see any indexes from that time. So according to me, You can't be sure anythink until you make researches of files (the files number LP XI) of the parish and see them on the spot, rather in the dioceses archive in Tarnow then in Krakow.
There is the parish chronicle of Piwniczna which has been written since 1845. There is info that on January 13, 1764 the parish archive was burned down along with all documents.

Best regards
Piotr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Other topics related to Poland and Polish roots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: