PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:02 pm      Post subject: Magnates - Northeast and Northwest of Poland

I would like to research the history of the Magnates that controlled Nieskorz, Kowal, Plock, and Gostynin, Poland (North East and North West of Warsaw).

Do you know how to find the names of the Magnates that owned these villages?
Thanks in advance for your help, Dave Jablonka

JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 pm      Post subject: Re: Magnates - Northeast and Northwest of Poland

djablonka wrote:
I would like to research the history of the Magnates that controlled Nieskorz, Kowal, Plock, and Gostynin, Poland (North East and North West of Warsaw).

Hi Dave:
Not sure if this fits with what you are researching. My g.grandfather was given a land grand from a Count Sobanski in the Sawilno/Siemnowek - Kłobia region in 1864. This is about 30 miles west of Kowal. I have a a couple digitized pages, but I'm not sure if it would be of any help. I don't see the name of the grantor on the pages i have...Let me know.

Joe

djablonka

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:42 am      Post subject: Re: Magnates - Northeast and Northwest of Poland

JGwizdowski wrote:
djablonka wrote:

Hi Dave:
Not sure if this fits with what you are researching. My g.grandfather was given a land grand from a Count Sobanski in the Sawilno/Siemnowek - Kłobia region in 1864. This is about 30 miles west of Kowal. I have a a couple digitized pages, but I'm not sure if it would be of any help. I don't see the name of the grantor on the pages i have...Let me know.

Joe

Joe, That is the info I was trying to find for my ancestors. How did you find out that the grant came from Count Sobanski? Are the digitized pages of the land grants from a particular archives source? Any info you can share would be appreciated. Thanks! Dave

JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:16 pm      Post subject:

Dave, I'll send over the scans I have. They were uncovered by a distant cousin in Włocławek who found them at the archives there.

Do you want me to send them via email, or post them here?

Regards,
Joe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: