PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:21 pm      Post subject: Grzegorzak/Wyskiel possibly in Laskowka.

Looking for any info about Aniela Grzegorzak who married Andrzej Wyskiel. They had a daughter, Caroline Wyskiel. Caroline was left in Poland with her grandmother when Aniela and Andrzej came to America in Abt. 1902. Caroline was never brought to America. Caroline would be my Aunt. She was married, had children, and is most likely deceased.

Would like info about Aniela (b. 28 May 1884) and her parents Martin Grzegorzak & Magdalene Pantola; Andrzej (b. Abt. 1873?) and his parents names; any info about Caroline (b. Abt. 1901) and her family.

Possible locations: Laskowka and Posnan.

Cyndi Wojtulewicz-Johnson
Send e-mail
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:37 pm      Post subject:

Hi Cyndi,
Have you been able to learn anything more about your family since you posted this thread?
Your information is interesting. Did Andrzej Wyskiel and Aniela Grzegorzak Wyskiel go to America with any other children? Did Andrzej and Aniela keep in touch with Caroline or other family in Poland?

Any old family photos of Caroline or other family members? Amazingly, a Polish Origins member recently posted a photo from her grandmother's photo album and her distant cousin - who she never new, but is also a Polish Origins member, had the exact same photo in her collection.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:06 pm      Post subject:

Hey Shellie,
Thanks for your querie.
Andrzej came to American before Aniela. Aniela arrived with her son Francis in Texas at Galveston in 1907. Andrzej was "out of the picture" when I was born (1951). I have a picture of Aniela (my grandmother) and Jozef Tarnowski (my grandfather). Story has it that Aniela was pregnant when Andrew "bailed out". Jozef was a friend and came into the family so Aniela wouldn't look "bad" being pregnant.
I'm sure Aniela kept in touch with Caroline, but I mostly remember my Aunt Rosalie keeping in touch with her. Rosalie took several trips to Poland to visit Caroline. I know Caroline was married and had children. I'm guessing that Caroline was born in 1904. And she married Wojdyl.

Towns and names ... I have no idea. I have been estranged from my family for several years, plus, they are all secretive about everything.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Cyndi
Send e-mail
Shellie

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:02 pm      Post subject:

Hi Cyndi,
On the ship manifest for Aniela and Franz arriving in 1907, her residence and birthplace is listed as Dubiecko. She is traveling with other people from Dubiecko, Bachorz and Laskowka. A few lines below her is Antoni Gregorzak (a brother? Cousin?) whose residence shows as Dubiecko and birthplace as Bachorz.

You probably already have this information, but her husband is on the same ship, on another page (see attached image). His residence was listed as Dubiecko, but then was crossed out and replaced with Thurber, Texas. His birthplace is listed as Laskowka, as you mentioned in your query.

Bachorz, Laskowka and Dubiecko are located in Southeastern Poland, roughly half way between Rzeszow and Przemysl. Both Bachorz or Dubiecko are relatively easy to find on Google maps.

There is a gentleman Renard Chrobak looking for families from these villages, including the name Gregorzak. He has posted many messages on several genealogy sites over the years looking for family from these villages. I’ve pasted one of his smessages and the link to his message below:

Subject: Yacenty Tworzydlo families, Pinkowicz, Sowa, Szybiak.
Date: Feb 25, 2011
Looking for family database records on subject families and other families like zurawska-i families, mitrega families, ziolo-ziola families, spindor, lichota, pasciak poltorak, glowacz, franczak, paczkowska-i, paszkowska-i, gregorzak, pinkowicz, gwizdala, pluta, karnas families, from the following areas in Poland: Dubiecko, Drohobyczka, -huta, Laskowka, Bachorz Poland.

I need closure on these surname database records of these families.
Thank you, Renard Chrobak

Cyndi, see this link for the original message and contact info for Renard Chroback:
http://genforum.genealogy.com/poland/messages/52211.html

The surnames Pantola and Gregorzak is associated with the village Dubiecko as per Iowna's resources at:
http://www.ipgs.us/iwonad/surnames/placesd.html

This summer I had the pleasure of traveling to this part of Poland. We flew into Rzeszow and I finally met my Polish cousins after a long but exciting search through family photo albums and LDS church records.

I hope this helps you move forward in the search for your family.

Aniela W arrival 1907 Galveston.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  866.66 KB
 Viewed:  7658 Time(s)

Aniela W arrival 1907 Galveston.jpg

Andr W 1907 Galveston.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  879.25 KB
 Viewed:  7657 Time(s)

Andr W 1907 Galveston.jpg

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:41 pm      Post subject: Wyskiel/Grzegorzak/Tarnowski in Poland

I recieved a very helpful quest for my quest from a very nice lady about my Wyskiel/Grzegorzak relatives in Poland. She gave me a name of someone to contact.

I'm ashamed. Somewhere between packing to move, putting up Christmas decorations and making Kolacki ... I managed to loose the information.

PLEASE, if that wonderful lady will contact me again, I would so totally appreciate it.

Send e-mail
Shellie

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:56 am      Post subject:

Hi Cyndi,

Maybe you are referring to my message - I asked Zenon to merge your last question with your original posting so we can keep your messages in one place.

Last edited by Shellie on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:36 am      Post subject:

Topics merged. Now we can continue in the original topic Smile .
Send e-mail
Shellie

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:26 pm      Post subject:

Hi Cyndi,
I was wondering how you are doing with your family history exploration.
Have you made any progress?
DrPsyPhi

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:37 pm      Post subject: Grzegorzak & Pantola in the Dubiecko area

Great finds Shellie!

If Cyndi's still on these forums, she might be interested in this additional find--another "cousin" cluster from the Dubiecko region:
https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/45153625/person/6330093769/facts
This emigrant and his siblings were born at the end of the 1800's in Dubiecko to a Jan Pantola and Lucia Grzegoizak and immigrated to the US in the beginning of the 1900's.

I don't know enough about the families in Dubiecko to connect them (yet), but I cam acroos this group as well as Cyndi's cluster when doing genetic genealogy research on my ancestry line that comes out of that town/region, so I'm confident that they're connected.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:41 pm      Post subject: Pantola/Grzegorzak

I don't really know anything about the Pantola's. If some of them came to America, it wouldn't surprise me. As I mentioned before, some things were kept private. But all of those old relatives are dead now, so I'm free to do some real searching.
What I'm slowly working on now is finding my Grandfather Joseph (Jozef) Tarnowski. The US 1930 Census says he was from Laskowka. He was supposed to be friends with Andrew Wyskiel. Joseph came to America thru Galveston and was in Thurber, TX with the Wyskiel's.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: