PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:12 pm      Post subject: Kench family history in Poland

I am trying to find family history of my husband. Today I have been a Kench for 64 years and a widow for 39 of those years. What information I have is from documents of immigration, marriage and death. My father-in-law Joseph Kench was born Sept. 09,1887 in Riscupz (Biscupsy), Russia/Poland. His parents were Stephen Kenc and Parasie Staszewsky. He arrived in the U.S. (Ellis Isle) on April 28, 1906. The name on his immigration forms was listed as Ossip Kenz. He married Bronislava Oreck (Orzekowska) in Lynn, Massachusetts in 1910. She was born December 25, 1891 in Sczierkowa, Lida. Her parents were Martin Ozehowska and Maris Petrowska. Joseph died in Lynn,Ma. US on Dec 14, 1957. Blanche(Bronislawa) died in Stoneham, Ma., US Jan. 17, 1977. I have not much more to tell. I would appreciate whatever help you may offer. Sincere thanks- Lorraine Kench.
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1000

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:09 pm      Post subject: Re: Kench family history in Poland

[email protected] wrote:
I am trying to find family history of my husband. Today I have been a Kench for 64 years and a widow for 39 of those years. What information I have is from documents of immigration, marriage and death. My father-in-law Joseph Kench was born Sept. 09,1887 in Riscupz (Biscupsy), Russia/Poland. His parents were Stephen Kenc and Parasie Staszewsky. He arrived in the U.S. (Ellis Isle) on April 28, 1906. The name on his immigration forms was listed as Ossip Kenz. He married Bronislava Oreck (Orzekowska) in Lynn, Massachusetts in 1910. She was born December 25, 1891 in Sczierkowa, Lida. Her parents were Martin Ozehowska and Maris Petrowska. Joseph died in Lynn,Ma. US on Dec 14, 1957. Blanche(Bronislawa) died in Stoneham, Ma., US Jan. 17, 1977. I have not much more to tell. I would appreciate whatever help you may offer. Sincere thanks- Lorraine Kench.

Hello Lorraine!
Have you been able to find more information about your Kench family since you posted this message? I was wondering if you have located his village. I don't know the area at all - so I don't know whether Riscupz or Biscupsy is the correct spelling of the village. Maybe one of the members here will recognize this village.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: