PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:33 pm      Post subject:

Hi Shellie,

I have attached another photograph, which was taken in 1930 or so. The one I sent earlier was actually from 1926/27. In that earlier picture, Zofia is most likely pregnant with Wilusia, and a boy in the picture was her son, Stan. In the one I attached here Wilusia is probably 3/4 yo. Stan has a close resemblance to the boy in your picture from 1930 as well, and Wilusia matches with age (both from very left). On your July 1930 photograph, the women between Stan and my grandpa (holding a boy) is perhaps not my grandma. I will need to confirm with my family members on this!

Oh, and the soldier in the attached photograph is a brother of Wilhelm, Kazik. Apparently he was brought up by my grandma together with other kids. To make the story more complete, Wilusia, unfortunately, died of Typhus in ~1940, and my mom was born in 1924.

p

1930.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.61 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1930.jpeg

Visit poster's website
piotrskp

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:48 pm      Post subject:

Hi Sirdan,

Tomasz was the brother of my grandma. Is it possible to access the city census that was mentioned in your earlier post? I am interested in any additional information about Tomasz and Jozefa (e.g. day of birth, address, etc)

sirdan wrote:
I think You might be right. Description of the photo says, Wilhelm is the one before the last man. Previously, I had approached counting from the top to the bottom of the picture. But when starting counting from the front row of people to the back row, we have person that looks like Wilhelm!
People on your photos, looks like family for the Wilhelm? I found Tomasz Wawro (and Wawro Józefa, wife?) on the Rzeszów city Census in 1949. What if thats the brother in law he visited in 30-ties? That is just a hard guess, i didnt see actual documents.

Visit poster's website
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:33 am      Post subject:

piotrskp wrote:
Hi Sirdan,

Tomasz was the brother of my grandma. Is it possible to access the city census that was mentioned in your earlier post? I am interested in any additional information about Tomasz and Jozefa (e.g. day of birth, address, etc)

sirdan wrote:
I think You might be right. Description of the photo says, Wilhelm is the one before the last man. Previously, I had approached counting from the top to the bottom of the picture. But when starting counting from the front row of people to the back row, we have person that looks like Wilhelm!
People on your photos, looks like family for the Wilhelm? I found Tomasz Wawro (and Wawro Józefa, wife?) on the Rzeszów city Census in 1949. What if thats the brother in law he visited in 30-ties? That is just a hard guess, i didnt see actual documents.

Hello Piotr.

If Rzeszów is the direction You look for, then You may look here into the archive unit https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/jednostka/-/jednostka/19709279 Its the list of the citizens of Dąbrowskiego street in Rzeszów. Date 1949. There is no info in the description there about relations between the people. Unit may be accesible in place or via mail order of file scan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: