PolishOrigins Forum

 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Author
Message
a4u2fear



Joined: 25 Oct 2019
Replies: 148
Location: NY/USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:49 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

thanks Michael. The german "e"s look like english "n"s to me; so this one was confusing.
View user's profile
Send private message
Kmichael8



Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Replies: 179

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:10 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

a4u2fear wrote:
thanks Michael. The german "e"s look like english "n"s to me; so this one was confusing.


That might be confusing indeed. The LDS provide a wiki "Deciphering German script" that deals with problems like this one. You might have a look at:
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Special:Search?fulltext=true&search=Deciphering+German+script
View user's profile
Send private message
a4u2fear



Joined: 25 Oct 2019
Replies: 148
Location: NY/USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:25 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

thank you this is very helpful
View user's profile
Send private message
a4u2fear



Joined: 25 Oct 2019
Replies: 148
Location: NY/USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:33 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

hi michael

attached are two marriage in 1782 from Berg, Germersheim Germany

the grooms are Ferdinard Harter and Ludovicus Harter who are brothers. I also posted this in latin forums and Sophia/Dave think their mother is Catharina Fisher or Ficher. They are not certain however.

Do you have an opinion of the mother's maiden name?

Both marriages are on the right side



ferdinand harder catharina hofman marriage 7947280 img 308.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.47 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

ferdinand harder catharina hofman marriage 7947280 img 308.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Kmichael8



Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Replies: 179

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:28 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

a4u2fear wrote:
hi michael

attached are two marriage in 1782 from Berg, Germersheim Germany

the grooms are Ferdinard Harter and Ludovicus Harter who are brothers. I also posted this in latin forums and Sophia/Dave think their mother is Catharina Fisher or Ficher. They are not certain however.

Do you have an opinion of the mother's maiden name?

Both marriages are on the right side


Hello Andrew, Sophia and Dave

I wonder whether Catharina’s maiden name was Miller / Müller.

Three arguments:

Sophia found the record from 1762, where the name is written Müller [“nata müllerin”].

The first letter of the name starts with an upward curve from the right to the left. If you compare it with the Ferdinand “F”, it’s the other way round. But if you look for example at the Michaelis “M”, you’ll see the same curve. Hence I would assume, the first letter is an “M”.

In 18th Century German – and may be even before – the letters “i” and “ü” could be used one for the other like in the German word “gültig / giltig” [valid].

What do you think?

Best regards,
Michael
View user's profile
Send private message
Sophia



Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Replies: 487

Back to top
Post Posted: 7 Days ago at 12:59 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Kmichael8 wrote:
a4u2fear wrote:
hi michael

attached are two marriage in 1782 from Berg, Germersheim Germany

the grooms are Ferdinard Harter and Ludovicus Harter who are brothers. I also posted this in latin forums and Sophia/Dave think their mother is Catharina Fisher or Ficher. They are not certain however.

Do you have an opinion of the mother's maiden name?

Both marriages are on the right side


Hello Andrew, Sophia and Dave

I wonder whether Catharina’s maiden name was Miller / Müller.

Three arguments:

Sophia found the record from 1762, where the name is written Müller [“nata müllerin”].

The first letter of the name starts with an upward curve from the right to the left. If you compare it with the Ferdinand “F”, it’s the other way round. But if you look for example at the Michaelis “M”, you’ll see the same curve. Hence I would assume, the first letter is an “M”.

In 18th Century German – and may be even before – the letters “i” and “ü” could be used one for the other like in the German word “gültig / giltig” [valid].

What do you think?

Best regards,
Michael


Hi Michael,
Yes, I think you've got it exactly right. Müller, Miller.
Now, I just found another piece of the puzzle, which I will post on the Latin translation thread. I cannot make any sense of it.
Thank you so much,
Sophia
View user's profile
Send private message
a4u2fear



Joined: 25 Oct 2019
Replies: 148
Location: NY/USA

Back to top
Post Posted: 7 Days ago at 1:20 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

thank you both. i agree, once i started comparing the "m"s i could see it, just strangely the last name always had the "m" very sloppily written than the others.
View user's profile
Send private message
Peter.Wollinski



Joined: 02 Oct 2016
Replies: 7

Back to top
Post Posted: 7 Days ago at 8:52 pm      Post subject: German Translation Request
Reply with quote

Hi
It will be appreciated if the attached death certificate was translated.

Thanks Peter



Death certificate (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  921.68 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Death certificate (1).jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Kmichael8



Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Replies: 179

Back to top
Post Posted: 7 Days ago at 4:32 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation Request
Reply with quote

Peter.Wollinski wrote:
Hi
It will be appreciated if the attached death certificate was translated.

Thanks Peter


Hello Peter

This is the death certificate of Samuel Wolinski, born in Gollantsch, child of Loiser Wolinski and Dora Jakobsberg, who was killed in action in 1916, we already discussed. In a little more detail:

C. No. 58.
Schlochau [Polish Człuchów], on Dezember 7, 1916

The Königlich Preußische Infanterie Regiment (3. Hannoversches) No. 79 [Meaning this regiment was the 3rd from the Prussian province Hannover and the 79th of the German Empire. In October 1916 the regiment was deployed on the Eastern front.] gave notice that

the musketeer [Musketier] of the 4th company of this regiment, businessman [Kaufmann] Samuel Wolinski, unmarried, 22 years old, of Mosaic religion, born in Gollantsch, county [Kreis] Wongrowitz, son of the servant to the synagogue [Synagogendiener] Loiser Wolisnki and his wife Dora, born Jakobsberg, both residing in Gollantsch in Poznan, in the fight at Zaturce” on October 2, 1916 died on the wounds received. The exact time of death could not be determined.

Above 23 printed words deleted.

The Registrar.
[Signature]
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Schlochau on December 7, 1916.
The Registrar.
[Signature]

Best wishes
Michael
View user's profile
Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 Page 32 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB ©

© 2020 COPYRIGHTS BY THE OWNER OF POLISHORIGINS.COM