PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 475, 476, 477 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4190

Post Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:53 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish word (I think!) hard to translate

kayosigwe wrote:
Hello,

I would love some help with a few words I'm struggling to translate. I think they're all Polish, but there is one that may be German. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you very much,
Kay

First of all: it is difficult to read documents from cut fragments. All documents should be pasted.

i recognize polish language only in this parts, the rest i think is written in german:

For Basie Sprotzer: ’Prywalystka’? is this a woman who is studying in higher education?

the dictionary of the polish langugage, dated 1912, explains this word like this: lower type school student or unenrolled student.

For Basie Sprotzer: ’Prywalystka’? is this a woman who is studying in higher education?Hersh Entenberg ‘Ojcostira’?

Przyznał się do ojcostwa: he confirmed his paternity

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:45 am      Post subject: Re: Birth record

LaurineDM wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Could you please translate this birth record from 1917. Stanislaw Mazur born March, 3rd 1917 and baptized the next day.
Parish Szydlow village Brzeziny. Parents : Andrzej, 21 years old & Ewa Basa.
have a nice day,

Laurine

Brzeziny

It happened in Szydłów on 4th March 1917, at 11 a.m.
Appeared Andrzej Mazur, 21 years old, zagrodnik* living in the village of Brzeziny, in the presence of the witnesses: Marcin Werblicki and Franciszek Szyba, both of age, zagnidniks living in the village of Brzeziny, and presented Us a male child, informing that the said child was born yesterday in the village of Brzeziny, at 2 a.m., with his wife Ewa nee Bas, 27 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today by the vicar priest Roman Zelek, the child was given the name Stanisław and the godparents were: Marcin Werblicki and Marianna Długosz.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, all illiterate, and was signed by Us only.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:22 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
Thank you for the translations so far - I am trying to confirm my 3x G Grandparents and their family. It is very difficult as they seem to keep changing their names. Once I have all these translations it should make it clearer.

This should be with any luck their marriage record.

Nr 2
Kiełczew Smużny

It happened on 5th November 1809.
In front of Us, the parson of the parish of Wrząca, serving as the Civil Registrar's deputy for the commune of Wrząca, located in the county of Brzesk i the department of Bydgoszcz, appeared:

Jacek Olejniczak, a young man, living in Kiełczew Smużny, according to the birth certificate from the parish of Wrząca he is 27 years old and lives with his parents. He appeared in the presence of his father Kazimierz Olejniczak and his wife Ewa, farmers who live in Kiełczew Smużny

and

Angela Krawczyk, a miss, according to the birth certificate from the parish of Wrząca she is 21 years old and lives in her family house. She appeared in the presence of her father Norbert Krawczyk, tenant who lives in Kiełczew Smużny and her mother Marianna.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is: the first one of the 21st and the second on the 28th October of the current year, at 12 o'clock at noon. There were no obstacles to this marriage and the parents gave permission to this marriage. We read all the papers, from which it turns out that legally required formalities have been fulfilled. After reading to the parties and the witnesses all the aforementioned documents and the 6th chapter of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled: "About Marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that:

Jacek Olejniczak, a young man and Angela Krawczyk are joined in the marriage union. We wrote down the act of marriage in the presence of: Marcin olejniczak, 32 years old, Wojciech Ogrodowczyk, 40 years old, farmers living in Kiełczew Smużny, as well as: Józef Nowicki, 52 years old and Wojciech Pawlak, 30 years old, farmers from kiełczew.

This act was read and signed by us and aftermentioned witnesses.

Priest Stefan Laskiwski, parson of the parish of Wrząca, Civil Registrar's deputy.
The witnesses are illiterate and therefore they put the cross marks next to their names.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:54 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Request - Polish Marriage Record

bigmakusa wrote:
I would appreciate your help translating this 1819 Zagorow parish marriage record, No. 63.
You will find it at the following link:

http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/830/0/4.4/16/skan/full/YrWmr5pah0dCqwK8GRcjNA

It happened on 15th day of February 1819, at 2 p.m.
In front of Us, Franciszek Szulczewski, Civil Registrar for the commune of Zagórów, located in the district of Konin, in the voivodeship of Kalisz. appeared:

Błażej Kasznia vel Kłak, a single man, according to the birth certificate from the parish of Zagórów: 23 years old, living with his parents. He appeared in the presence of his parents, who allowed for this marriage: Kacper Kasznia vel Kłak, 57 years old and Urszula nee Wałęsa, 46 years old, who live on the farm in the village of Skokum

and

Agnieszka Synowska, a miss, according to the birth certificate from the parish church of the town of Lądek: 23 years old. She lives in the village of Skokum at her aunt's, daughter of late father: Sebastian Synowski, whose death was prooved with the death certificate from the parish church of the town of Lądek. She appeared in the presence of her mother, who allowed for this mariage: Dorota Synowska nee Kurzaj, 70 years old, who lives in the village of Dolany.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is: the first one of the 2nd February and the second on the 7th February of the current year, at 12 o'clock at noon, on Sunday. There were no obstacles to this marriage and the parents gave permission to this marriage. We read all the papers, from which it turns out that legally required formalities have been fulfilled. After reading to the parties and the witnesses all the aforementioned documents and the 6th chapter of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled: "About Marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that:

Błażej Kasznia vel Kłak, a single man and Agnieszka Synowska, a miss, are joined in the marriage union. We wrote down the act of marriage in the presence of: Walenty Macianka, 30 years old, living in the village of Skokum, farmer and Walenty Kieński, 48 years old, living in the village of Skokum, farmer, as well as Bartłomiej Dropuła, 30 years old, living in Skokum, servant and Jan Pasol, 50 years old, farmer living in the village of Kopojno.

This act was read to the illiterate present and was signed by Us.

Franciszek Szulczewski, servins as Civil Registrar.

starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:26 pm      Post subject:

Please help me translate this 1824 marriage record from Szczepankowo parish for Jan Wojcik and Kunegunda Szostak.

1824-marriage-wojcik-szostak-p2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.37 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1824-marriage-wojcik-szostak-p2.jpg

1824-marriage-wojcik-szostak-p1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.9 MB

1824-marriage-wojcik-szostak-p1.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:17 pm      Post subject:

starshadow wrote:
Please help me translate this 1824 marriage record from Szczepankowo parish for Jan Wojcik and Kunegunda Szostak.

Dębowo

It happened on 21st February 1824, at 10 a.m.
In front of Us, priest Stanisław Podbielski, vicar of the parish of Szczepankowo, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Szczepankowo in the county and district of Łomża and the Augustowskie voivodeship, appeared:

Jan Alojzy Wojcik, 26 years old, of age, peasant, daylabourer, living in the village of Dębowo, according to the birth certificate from the parish church of Szczepankowo born in the year of 1797 on 21st day of June, legitimate son of Józef and Franciszka nee Kacprzak, spouses Wojcik

and

Kunegunda Szostak, a miss, according to the birth certificate from the church books of the parish of Szczepankowo she was born in the year of 1790 on 3rd day of March, 33 years old, of age, daylabourer living in the village of Dębowo, legitimate daughter of Franciszek and Jadwiga nee Wojcik, spouses Wojcik.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is: the first one of the 18th January and the second on the 25th January of the current year, at 12 o'clock at noon, on Sunday. There were no obstacles to this marriage and the parents gave permission to this marriage. We read all the papers, from which it turns out that legally required formalities have been fulfilled. After reading to the parties and the witnesses all the aforementioned documents and the 6th chapter of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled: "About Marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that:

Jan Alojzy Wojcik and Kunegunda Szostak are joined in the marriage union. We wrote down the act of marriage in the presence of: Józef Wojcik, 60 years old, groom's father, Rafał Twardowski, 40 years old, Wawrzyniec Nowicki, 33 years old, living in the villag of Dębowo, neighbours of the groom and Jan Kalinowski, 58 years old and Grzegorz Perka, 40 years old, neighbours of the bride, all peasants, farmers living in the village of Szczepankowo.

This act was read to the illiterate present and was signed by Us only.

Priest Stanisław Podbielski, servins as Civil Registrar.

TedMack

Replies: 480

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:04 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day

I found these records of my ancestors where they seem to use different names - can you please translate them for me.

A gift has been provided

Possible Death Augustyn Oleymiczak record 2 - Klimczak 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  183.96 KB

Possible Birth Maryanna Oleymiczak record 41 - Klimczak 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  316.34 KB

Possible Birth Jozefa Oleymiczak record 13 - Klimczak 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.96 KB

Death Record Kazimierz Olejniczak - 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.5 KB

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:06 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day

I found these records of my ancestors where they seem to use different names - can you please translate them for me.

A gift has been provided

I am working on it.

starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:55 pm      Post subject:

This is great! Thanks you very much Marcel.

Please also help me translate this 1824 death record for Jozef Wojcik from Szczepankowo parish.

1824-jozef-wojcik.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB

1824-jozef-wojcik.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:28 pm      Post subject:

starshadow wrote:
This is great! Thanks you very much Marcel.

Please also help me translate this 1824 death record for Jozef Wojcik from Szczepankowo parish.

Dębowo

It happened on 21st day of April 1824, at 1 p.m.
In front of Us, priest Stanisław Podbielski, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Szczepankowo, located in the county and district of Łomża, in the voivodeship of Augustów, appeared Jan Wojcicak, 26 years old, deceased's son, and Jakub Ptaszyński, 30 years old, deceased's nearest neighbour, peasants, farmers, living in the village of Dębowo and they declared that on 19th day of the current month and year, at 1 p.m., died Józef Wojcicak, 75 years old, peasant, married, farmer. He died in the house number 3 located in the village of Dębowo.
This death act was read to the present, all illiterate, and was signed by Us.

Priest Stanisław Podbielski, serving as Civil Registrar.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:56 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day

A gift has been provided

Nr 2
village: Kiełczew Smużny

It happened on 8th May 1817. In front of Us, parson of the parish of Wrząca, deputy of the Civil Registrar of the Wrząca commune, located in Brześć county, in mazowieckie voivodeship, appeared: Jacek Klimczak, farmer, 34 years old and Walenty Ogrodowczyk, 40 years old, both living in Kiełczew Smużny and they declared Us that on 5th May of the current year, at 7 a.m., died: Augustyn, son of Jacek and Angela nee Klimczak, farmers. He died in the house of his father, at number 7, at the age of 3.
This act was read and signed by the declarants, by holding their hands and by Us.

Priest An. Kopijewski, parson of the parish of Wrząca, deputy of the Civil Registrar.

Jacek Klimczak, child's father
Walenty Ogrodowczyk, witness.

Nr 41
Kiełczew Smużny

It happened on 4th October 1824, at 12 o'clock, at noon. In front of Us, administrator of the parish of Wrząca, serving as Civil Registrar of the Wrząca commune, located in Brześć county, in mazowieckie voivodeship, appeared: Jacenty Klimczak, farmer, 50 years old and presented Us a female child, who was born on the day before yesterday, in the house number 6, at 3 p.m. and declared that the child was born with him and his wife Aniela Maybrowna, 40 years old, and his wish is to name the child: Marianna.
After the above statement and the presentation of the child were made, in the presence of Piotr Kołucki, married, 37 years old and Mateusz Pawlaczyk, 32 years old, both farmers living in the village of Kiełczew Smużny, this act was written, read and signed by Us only.
Child's father and the witnesses are illiterate.

Priest Józef Świątecki.

Nr 13
Kiełczew Smużny

It happened in Wrząca Wielka on 28th February 1830, at 1 p.m.
Appeaed Jacek Klimczak, farmer, 40 years old, living in Kiełczew Smużny, in the presence of Roch Klimczak, 30 years old and Mateusz Pawlak, 40 years old, both living on the farm in Kiełczew Smużny, and presented Us a female child, born today in Kiełczew Smużny, at 1 a.m. with his wife Aniela nee Krawczyk, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Józefa and the godparents were: aforementioned Roch Klimczak and Katarzyna Klimczak.
This act was read to the declarants and was signed by Us only.
The declarants are illiterate.

Priest Sienicki, administrator of the parish of Wrząca.

Kiełczew Smużny

It happened in Wrząca Wielka on 30th March 1827, at 11 a.m.
Appeared Kazimierz??? (it looks that it was the name Kazimierz at first but it was changed into other name which i cannot read...) Olejnik, farmer, 32 years old and Jan Pietrzak, farmer, 65 years old, both living in Kiełczew Smużny and they declared that on 28th day of the current month, at 6 a.m. died Kazimierz Olejniczak, tenant, 90 years old, who lived in Kiełczew Smużny. He left his widowed wife .....(empty field, no name was written).
After eye belief about the death of Olejnik (first his name was written Olejniczak and here: Olejnik) this act was read to the illiterate present, of which the first one is the son of the deceased.

On behalf of the dean priest who is serving as a temporary parish' administrator: priest Kalinowski.

TedMack

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:05 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

Can you translate the attached death record please

Death record Franciszka Mackowski 20 - 2 .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  164.3 KB

Death record Franciszka Mackowski 20 - 2 .jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:43 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:53 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:

Rożdżały

It happened in the village of Tłokinia on 12th April 1864, at 11 a.m.
Appeared Jan* Kuśnierek, deceased's son-in-law, rataj** from Kobierno, 30 years old and Karol Maćkowski, deceased's son, stablehand from Rożdżały, 26 years old and they declared that on 9th day of the current month and year, at 10 p.m., died in Rożdżały: Franciszka Maćkowska, workwoman, living at her son's in Rożdżały, born in Blizanów, 63 years old, daughter of late workers: Ignacy and Katarzyna of unknown surnames from Pamięcin.
After eye-belief about the death of Maćkowska this act was read and was signed by Us only, because the declarants are illiterate.

Priest Tomasz Baraszkiewicz, vicar priest of the collegiate church of Kalisz, serving as Civil Registrar.

*Jan: priest wrote the name Karol and here crossed it out and made a note on the left margin that the name should be Jan.
**rataj: farmer, earner working for a landowner.

TedMack

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:47 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

I have two more records for translation please

Death Record Katarzyna KURA 29 -2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  169.23 KB

Death Record Katarzyna KURA 29 -2.jpg

Death Record Jan KURA 108 - 2 .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.96 KB

Death Record Jan KURA 108 - 2 .jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 475, 476, 477 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 476 of 581

Jump to: