PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:45 am      Post subject: Barborak/Kadlub

Looking for info on Kadlub surname in Trstena, CZ or Barborak in Poland.
Michael Barborak arrived in US from Poland in 1912. The only info I have for him was that his father's name was George, who died in Hungary in 1894z
Helen Anna Kadlub was from Trstena. Her mother, Roselle lived in the Carpathian Mtns with husband Anton (of Polish ancestry), had one sister (Mary Duda) who stayed in CZ. had a brother, John, who lived at i d 54, Triestena, C.Slovenske. Another broth, Andrew, died in WW1?

This is all I have regarding my Great-Grandfather on my dad's side of the family. Mike lived in Pennsylvania, My grandfather George, worked the coal mines, then moved to Xenia, Ohio where my father was born. I continue to live in Ohio.

Thank you for any information!

Bradley Barborak[/list]
KLysy

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:32 pm      Post subject: Surname Kadlub

Dear Bradley, I was born in the Polish Carpathians, very close to Slovakia and looking for my ancestors I also found the name Kadlub.
Can you send me any more specific information about these individuals you are looking for? (date of birth, exact dates of entry into the USa, etc.)
You can also send me the data directly to my address: [email protected].
best regards
Christoph
Send e-mail
bbarborak

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:46 pm      Post subject: Kadlub family

The information in my post is literally the only info I have
KLysy

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:47 pm      Post subject: Kadlub

That's a shame, I have data from church records with over 40 people named Kadlub from only one parish in Arva, which was previously part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Be well
Christoph
Send e-mail
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:23 am      Post subject: Re: Barborak/Kadlub

bbarborak wrote:
Looking for info on Kadlub surname in Trstena, CZ or Barborak in Poland.
Michael Barborak arrived in US from Poland in 1912. The only info I have for him was that his father's name was George, who died in Hungary in 1894z
Helen Anna Kadlub was from Trstena. Her mother, Roselle lived in the Carpathian Mtns with husband Anton (of Polish ancestry), had one sister (Mary Duda) who stayed in CZ. had a brother, John, who lived at i d 54, Triestena, C.Slovenske. Another broth, Andrew, died in WW1?

This is all I have regarding my Great-Grandfather on my dad's side of the family. Mike lived in Pennsylvania, My grandfather George, worked the coal mines, then moved to Xenia, Ohio where my father was born. I continue to live in Ohio.

Thank you for any information!

Bradley Barborak[/list]

Hi Bradley,
I do not know how much you have tried to discover about them by using FamilySearch.org or Ancestry.com or various other genealogy search tools. If you have tried that with limited success, it may be helpful to talk a bit about the way their names are spelled. One of the first things I would suggest would be to locate some U.S. census records for them, and pay particular attention to the language that they give as their native tongue. If it is Polish, then in records from the "old country" (and on ship passenger lists, as well) your Michael would be Michal, Helen would be Helena, John would be Jan, Mary would be Maria or possibly Marjanna, Andrew would be Andrzej, Rozelle could be Rozalia and George would most probably be Wojciech. If their native tongue was German, then George could be Adalbert.
Finding ship passenger lists is a good second step. If I've got this right, you have three immigrants named here, for whom you could find ship manifests.
I wonder if you could clarify how these people are related. Am I correct in thinking that there are two Georges, one of whom is a brother of Mike and the other is the father to these brothers? I am also not clear as to whether Mary, John and Andrew are brothers of Roselle or brothers of Helen.
Best of luck in your research,
Sophia
jimpaprocki

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:39 am      Post subject:

Michael Barborak: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/L1CW-3Q9
Born: 1887
Imm: 1904 (Austria)

1930 Census says George Barborak is Adopted son.

Could not find ship passenger list for Michael Barborak in Ellis Island, but other Barborak came from Lieszek, Hungary or Austria. Probably Liesek, Slovakia just east of Trstená.

Also a search reveals: https://archives.hungaricana.hu/en/urberi/arva-lieszek/
Hungarian Cultural Heritage Portal. Don't know what this is, but you might want to check it out.

Slovakia, Tvrdošín, Trstená - Church records: https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/652026
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: