PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 478, 479, 480  Next
Author

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:57 pm      Post subject: Birth record translation - Baisinger Rosalia

Dzien dobry,

I would be very grateful to have a translation of the following birth record of my great, great grandmother.

Baisinger_Rosalia_birth.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.34 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Baisinger_Rosalia_birth.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2450

Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:02 pm      Post subject: Re: Birth record translation

rciecwierz wrote:
Dzien dobry,

I would be very grateful to have a translation of the following birth record of my great, great grandmother.

This document is written in latin.

Henry Soszynski

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:56 am      Post subject: Unusual phrasing in 1813 Death Record/s

Greetings,
I've come across an unusual (to me) way of giving the age at death for a person, and I was wondering if it really means what it seems to mean.

See attached snippet.

Cheers,
Henry Soszynski

Clipboard01.jpg
 Description:
Example of an apparently common term used in old records e.g. 1813
 Filesize:  176.41 KB

Clipboard01.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:26 am      Post subject: Re: Unusual phrasing in 1813 Death Record/s

Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,
I've come across an unusual (to me) way of giving the age at death for a person, and I was wondering if it really means what it seems to mean.

See attached snippet.

Cheers,
Henry Soszynski

14 weeks old

Literally it goes like this: ...in the morning, Tomasz Jasik, 14 Sundays old, son of Stanisław....

Sometimes, in old polish documents the word Sunday was used as an equivalent of the period of one week

Henry Soszynski

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:46 am      Post subject: Information

Thank you for the clarification. That's the way I have been translating it, but I thought there may have been a special significance in this term, since the same Priest also use 'tydzien' in other records.

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Henry Soszynski
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:18 am      Post subject: Re: Information

Henry Soszynski wrote:
Thank you for the clarification. That's the way I have been translating it, but I thought there may have been a special significance in this term, since the same Priest also use 'tydzien' in other records.

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Henry Soszynski

I do not think that there was a special significance in using the word Niedziela. i think it was linguistic calque ( loan translation), because in russian language: a week - неделя (pronounce: niedziela)

rciecwierz

Replies: 8

Post Posted: 7 Days ago at 3:07 pm      Post subject: Michal Tabaczynski marriage record

First my appreciation for this great service that the translators provide. It unlocks so many questions that allow us to move our family research forward. Thank you!!!

I believe this record is in Polish - I would be grateful for translation into English

michal taba marriage copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.37 MB

michal taba marriage copy.jpg

Sophia

Replies: 548

Post Posted: 7 Days ago at 4:59 pm      Post subject: Re: Michal Tabaczynski marriage record

rciecwierz wrote:
First my appreciation for this great service that the translators provide. It unlocks so many questions that allow us to move our family research forward. Thank you!!!

I believe this record is in Polish - I would be grateful for translation into English

Hi,
The record itself is actually in Latin. I would recommend re-posting it to the Latin records translation thread. Beneath the record, there is a statement in Polish, but Dave can help you with that (he's a multi-talented guy!).
Best regards,
Sophia
ofercorn

Replies: 1

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 7:11 am      Post subject: Death certificate of a lost sister of my mother

Hi,

This the death certificate of my grandmother's lost sister. They lived in Warszaw, and archive is destroyed, but I was able to locate a death certificate from Lublin stating the death. Any information such as profession and addresses is highly appreciated.

Dr. Ofer Cornfeld

Ewa Sztokman 1919.jpg
 Description:
This the death certificate of my grandmother's lost sister. They lived in Warszaw, and archive is destroyed, but I was able to locate a death certificate from Lublin stating the death. Any information such as profession and addresses is highly appriciated
 Filesize:  934.22 KB

Ewa Sztokman 1919.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 7:16 am      Post subject: Re: Death certificate of a lost sister of my mother

ofercorn wrote:
Hi,

This the death certificate of my grandmother's lost sister. They lived in Warszaw, and archive is destroyed, but I was able to locate a death certificate from Lublin stating the death. Any information such as profession and addresses is highly appreciated.

Dr. Ofer Cornfeld

Sztokman Ewa

It happened in the town of Lublin on August 24th of 1918, at 12 o'clock at noon.
Appeared jews: Icek Majer Horowicz, teacher, 46 years old and Berek Tuchman, house owner, 56 years old, both living in Lublin and they declared that yesterday, at 6 a.m., in Lublin, in the house number 3 (three) located at Jezuicka street, died: Sztokman Ewa, daughter of Icek and Chana nee Gelberg, spouses Sztokman, residents of the city of Warsaw. She was 2 years and 4 months old.
After convinced myself, with my own eyes, about the death of Sztokman Ewa, this act was read to the present and was signed by them and us.

Icek Majer Horowicz
Berek Tuchman
Civil Registrar and representative of the governor-general (signature illegible)

Andreas1

Replies: 2

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 8:45 am      Post subject: birth entry of Josef Michael Ryll from 1834

Dear all,

we are trying to get to know the history of the Josefin colony near Lutsk. Only Polish was spoken in the colony until 1939, after which it was destroyed. Apparently the colony was previously (before 1835) called Woly Mykowska. Could someone translate the birth entry of Josef Michael Ryll from 1834. The godfather was a landowner Byczkowski, whose family (Ignatius Bykowski) made the contract with the first settlers of Josefin. Maybe someone knows these names. Thank you in advance.

Regards
Andreas

Josef Michael Ryll.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.95 KB

Josef Michael Ryll.JPG

MikeHNiemczyk

Replies: 19

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 8:53 am      Post subject: Translation request: Leżajsk Protokol (10 Jan 1922)

Please help. My great-grandfather, Marcin Niemiec, died in Giedlarowa in 1920. He did not leave a written will, so witnesses had to testify as to his wishes. On the third page of the Leżajsk Protokol (dated January 10, 1922), the second of three witnesses gave his testimony. I am asking if anyone here can translate for me all the words that appear below:
“II. świadek.”
Also, if anyone here knows any history about how such kinds of cases were conducted, I’d like to hear from you.

IMG_3464.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.85 MB

IMG_3464.JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 2:02 pm      Post subject: Re: birth entry of Josef Michael Ryll from 1834

Andreas1 wrote:
Dear all,

we are trying to get to know the history of the Josefin colony near Lutsk. Only Polish was spoken in the colony until 1939, after which it was destroyed. Apparently the colony was previously (before 1835) called Woly Mykowska. Could someone translate the birth entry of Josef Michael Ryll from 1834. The godfather was a landowner Byczkowski, whose family (Ignatius Bykowski) made the contract with the first settlers of Josefin. Maybe someone knows these names. Thank you in advance.

Regards
Andreas

Name: Ryll
Number: 27
Dates:
birth date: May 9th
baptism date: 2nd

When, where, who and by whom, baptised with water only or with Holy Oils?

July

It happened on July 2nd, Anno Domini 1835, in the romancatholic parish church of Kołki, a male infant child named: Józef Michał (of two names) was baptised with Holy Oils, by Marcin Grapecki, bernardine.

Parents, birth date and birth place, the name of the parish?

Son of noblemans: Szymon and Karolina nee Bauman, legal spouses Ryll, born on May 9th of the current year in Wola Mykowska.

Godparents and who assisted?

Godparents: honourable Michał Byczkowski, judge of Dubno with Marianna Bauman, a miss.
Assisted: nobleman Michał Ryll and Emilia, wife of the honourable Michał Byczkowski.

Andreas1

Replies: 2

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 3:13 pm      Post subject: Re: Re: birth entry of Josef Michael Ryll from 1834

Thank you for translating

Andreas
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: 6 Days ago at 3:46 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation request: Leżajsk Protokol (10 Jan 1922)

MikeHNiemczyk wrote:
Please help. My great-grandfather, Marcin Niemiec, died in Giedlarowa in 1920. He did not leave a written will, so witnesses had to testify as to his wishes. On the third page of the Leżajsk Protokol (dated January 10, 1922), the second of three witnesses gave his testimony. I am asking if anyone here can translate for me all the words that appear below:
“II. świadek.”
Also, if anyone here knows any history about how such kinds of cases were conducted, I’d like to hear from you.

2nd witness

Generally: Ignacy Miś, 40 years old, farmer from Giedlarowa, not a relative, negative for the rest of the questions

Questions: A few days before the death of the late Marcin Niemiec, son of Jakub, his son Jan asked me to visit his ill father, who wanted to say his last will, in case of his death. When i got there, Michał Gut was already there, and later came Jan Kuczek. The deceased was lying....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 478, 479, 480  Next Page 479 of 480

Jump to: