PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 479, 480, 481 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:05 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much, Marcel! Tell me, what do you think "negative for the rest of the questions" might refer to, in this situation?
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4195

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:44 am      Post subject:

MikeHNiemczyk wrote:
Thank you very much, Marcel! Tell me, what do you think "negative for the rest of the questions" might refer to, in this situation?

it would be much easier to understand the context of this sentence by reading next page. Can You please upload it?

perhaps that means: he answered no to the rest of the questions

PAYPAL: [email protected]
MikeHNiemczyk

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:42 am      Post subject:

Sure, Marcel. Here is the next page that you mentioned. I sent it days ago, but didn't realize the file was too big to be accepted.

IMG_3465.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

IMG_3465.JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:06 am      Post subject:

MikeHNiemczyk wrote:
Sure, Marcel. Here is the next page that you mentioned. I sent it days ago, but didn't realize the file was too big to be accepted.

...in the bed. He was physically weak, byt fully mentally conscious.
When all three of us got together: me, Michał Gut and Jan Kuczek, the deceased declared that he wanted to say his last will and he asked Us to be the witnesses of his will.
Then, he testified, in the presence of the three of us, not persuaded and not coerced by anyone, that in case of his death, he disposes of his assets and liabilities, as follows:

1. he gives 3 staja's* of the ground, from the side of Jasieniec, to his daughter Aniela,
2. he gives the rest of his grounds and the parcel with the cottage standing on it, to his son Jan, under condition that he will repay 150 [cant decipher the currency name] (which is 300 krones) to somebody that the declarant doesnt know and 10 (20 krones) to each of his siblings, who are the children of the deceased Jan: Michał and Katarzyn.....

Last edited by marcelproust on Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
MikeHNiemczyk

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:31 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Marcel, this is helpful. How would you interpret “Jasieniec”? Is it a place? A part of the village (Giedlarowa)? And one “staja” – would that be equivalent to one hectare?
I am intrigued by the phrase—“to somebody that the declarant doesnt know”). Can you transcribe the Polish words for me?
Also, is it possible that “Natasza” refers to “Katarzna”?
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:13 pm      Post subject:

MikeHNiemczyk wrote:
Thank you, Marcel, this is helpful. How would you interpret “Jasieniec”? Is it a place? A part of the village (Giedlarowa)? And one “staja” – would that be equivalent to one hectare?
I am intrigued by the phrase—“to somebody that the declarant doesnt know”). Can you transcribe the Polish words for me?

The only thing i have found about the name Jasieniec: nowadays it is a name for a ditch near Grodzisko Górne, which is close to Giedlarowa.

Old polish-english dictionary says: staje: furlong, stadium (125 geometrical paces)
Wikipedia article about staje says: An old Polish measure of the distance, defined as the distance traveled by a horse between two rests. The length of the staje varied:
- the statutory staje was 84 łokieć's (english: ell)
- the old polish staje - approx. 134 m
- mile staje - approx. 893 m
- Nowopolska staje- about 1066.8 m.
It was also used as a unit of area measurement, usually 1.2–1.5 ha.

The name of the daughter should be Katarzyna. Natasza was my mistake. But this page is not the end of this document. The name Katarzyna is written without the last letter a.

Polish words: 2. resztę gruntu i plac z chałupą swojemu synowi Janowi, wkładając na niego obowiązek, aby tenże spłacił kwotę 150 ztr. w. a. (ztr. w. a.: abbreviation i do not understand) czyli 300 koron, jednak nie wie komu tę kwotę ma spłacić, nareszcie ma spłacić swojemu rodzeństwu, a dzieciom zmarłego po dziesięć, 10 ztr. w. a. czyli 20 koron: Michałowi i Katarzyn............

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:06 pm      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
MikeHNiemczyk wrote:

...150 ztr. w. a. (ztr. w. a.: abbreviation i do not understand) czyli 300 koron...

Hi,

What at first glance appears to be ztr. w. a. is actually złr. w. a. and the abbreviation stands for złoty reński waluty austriackiej. The English translation is “Rhenish złoty in Austrian currency.”

I hope this clarifies the text.

Dave
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:30 pm      Post subject:

dnowicki wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
MikeHNiemczyk wrote:

...150 ztr. w. a. (ztr. w. a.: abbreviation i do not understand) czyli 300 koron...

Hi,

What at first glance appears to be ztr. w. a. is actually złr. w. a. and the abbreviation stands for złoty reński waluty austriackiej. The English translation is “Rhenish złoty in Austrian currency.”

I hope this clarifies the text.

Dave

Thank you Dave Smile

MikeHNiemczyk

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:14 am      Post subject: “Rhenish złoty in Austrian currency.”

Thank you, Dave.
MikeHNiemczyk

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:17 am      Post subject: “Jasieniec” - Niemiec farmland and #231

Marcel,
The reference to “Jasieniec” intrigues me. During my research, all I only ever known is the house number (#231) which appears in the Giedlarowa parish records whenever a Niemiec was born, married, or died. I always assumed that #231 was located somewhere within Giedlarowa. Maybe now I should be looking in Grodzisko Górne. This phrase: “the parcel with the cottage standing on it” (i “plac z chałupą swojem”) may actually refer to the #231 dwelling. Would you agree?

Also, if you would be so kind as to translate the next paage?

5-IMG_3466.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.64 MB

5-IMG_3466.JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:22 am      Post subject: Re: “Jasieniec” - Niemiec farmland and #231

MikeHNiemczyk wrote:
Marcel,
The reference to “Jasieniec” intrigues me. During my research, all I only ever known is the house number (#231) which appears in the Giedlarowa parish records whenever a Niemiec was born, married, or died. I always assumed that #231 was located somewhere within Giedlarowa. Maybe now I should be looking in Grodzisko Górne. This phrase: “the parcel with the cottage standing on it” (i “plac z chałupą swojem”) may actually refer to the #231 dwelling. Would you agree?

Also, if you would be so kind as to translate the next paage?

I spoke with few people who are interested in the history of Giedlarowa and they told me that the most proboble explanation is that Jasieniec was some kind of a small cluster of houses located outside the village, but administratively within the borders of Giedlarowa. They think that Jasieniec is an eponym from the surname Jasina and they think that the possible location could be here:

https://tiny.pl/7pk74

I suggest You contact the State Archives of Rzeszów and ask for the research. Here is their email address: [email protected]

Translation will be sent tomorrow.

TedMack

Replies: 480

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:26 am      Post subject: Polish Record Transalation

Can you please help with a translation of this marriage record - I am having all sorts of problems trying to read the handwriting.

Thanks

Marriage Jozef Szmayda Franciszka Konowski 4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  372.15 KB

Marriage Jozef Szmayda  Franciszka Konowski 4.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:03 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Transalation

TedMack wrote:
Can you please help with a translation of this marriage record - I am having all sorts of problems trying to read the handwriting.

Thanks

Nr 1
Podlesie

It happened at the Osiek parsonage, on January 29th 1826, at 12 o'clock at noon.
We make it known, that in the presence of the witnesses: Józef Ciepły, farmer, living in the village of Podlesie, 40 years old and Jan Lawenda, farmer, living in the same village, 40 years old, that a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Józef Szmayda, a young man, 30 years old, servant in the village of Podlesie, born in the village of Blizna (the parish of Koło), son of Antoni and Magdalena, spouses Szmayda, who live in Blizna

and

Franciszka Konowska, a miss, 23 years oold, daughter of Jan and Marianna, Konowski's spouses, who live in the village of Podlesie.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage, dated:
first: January 8th
second: January 15th
third: January 22nd.
There were no objections for this marriage after the 3 banns of marriage were done.

This act of marriage was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses, all illiterate and was signed by Us, the parson of the parish.

Priest Jan Józef Parzycki, parson of the parish of Osiek Wielki.

nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:12 pm      Post subject: World War II killed Turzyniec

Good Day.

Would you be so kind to translate this document I received from Poland today re: atrocities commited by the Germans in the village of Turzyniec, during WWII.

Thank you

Nancy

Atrocities downsized.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.23 MB

Atrocities downsized.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:37 pm      Post subject: Re: World War II killed Turzyniec

nercell wrote:
Good Day.

Would you be so kind to translate this document I received from Poland today re: atrocities commited by the Germans in the village of Turzyniec, during WWII.

Thank you

Nancy

I am working on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 479, 480, 481 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 480 of 581

Jump to: