PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 226

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:20 pm      Post subject: 2006 visit to Poland

In September 2006 my older brother , Joseph, and I, spent 8 days in Poland. A life long dream was finally fulfilled. ( for now )
We are second generation Polish / Americans. My family research at that time had found that our Great Grandparents lived in Wloclawek, prior to immagrating to the USA in 1906.
So our plans were to spend time in Warsaw, Wloclawek, Krakow, and Czestochowa.
We stayed at the OKI DOKI Hostel in the center of Warsaw. A great place if all you want are the basics; clean room, modern bathroom, walking distance to Old Town and many other sites. It's staff spoke English, and they were very helpful all the time. There was also a bar , which allowed the guests to meet and greet.
Our second day in Warsaw, Zenon picked us up and drove us to Wloclawek, for a day of seeing the sites and walking the streets where our ancestors had walked. It was indescribable, the emotions we experienced.
We spent two more days in Warsaw, and enjoyed every minute of it.
We then traveled by train to Krakow. We spent three days in Krakow, at the Trecius Hotel, about three block from the square. A very nice hotel with a great staff. Once again , we had a wonderful time.
It was a great help to us that many people spoke English in Warsaw, and Krakow.
We traveled to Czestochowa, for a few hours of sight seeing at Jasna Gora, and then on to Warsaw, to spend our last night in Poland, before flying home.
Our visit could not have been any better. We meet so many nice, friendly, helpful people: had beautiful weather every day, wonderful sights to see, good food and drink. We just wished we had more time to stay, as there were so many other places and sites to see. We are already planning our next visit, especially since I have more information now, about where our family lived.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:32 pm      Post subject:

Does it mean James that there is a chance for us to meet again in Poland soon? That would be great to talk again with big, bearded Cybulski brothers Very Happy

Hopefully, we will know more about your ancestors from Wloclawek and maybe about some living relatives till then...

BTW I did not mention you yet about Zbyszek Cybulski, well-known, I would even say cult figure, Polish actor. You can read more about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Cybulski .
Send e-mail
James
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 226

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:23 pm      Post subject: James reply

Zenon wrote:
Does it mean James that there is a chance for us to meet again in Poland soon? That would be great to talk again with big, bearded Cybulski brothers Very Happy

Hopefully, we will know more about your ancestors from Wloclawek and maybe about some living relatives till then...

BTW I did not mention you yet about Zbyszek Cybulski, well-known, I would even say cult figure, Polish actor. You can read more about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Cybulski .

Hey Zenon,
Thanks for the quick memo. It's just a matter of money, before I return to Poland. ( also my wife says I have to take her on a comperable vacation first ), but I do desire to come back soon.
Yes, I am familar with the actor Zbignew Cybulski, and am considering purchasing some movies of his. ( Ashes to Diamonds )
Be well,
James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> PO Genealogy Tours All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: