PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:49 pm      Post subject: Kanna baptism record

Wondering if someone can help me I interpret the names and background on the attached Bialoruski record. Where is house 55 located? Wonder if it’s still there in Kanna

AA993431-49C6-4F97-8F8E-ED09F5BA915D.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.93 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

AA993431-49C6-4F97-8F8E-ED09F5BA915D.jpeg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2086

Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:43 am      Post subject: Re: Kanna baptism record

K_Bialoruski wrote:
Wondering if someone can help me I interpret the names and background on the attached Bialoruski record. Where is house 55 located? Wonder if it’s still there in Kanna

Hi,

The record is in Latin. Here follows a translation of the headings and of the entries. I can’t help you with your questions about house #55. My ancestors were not from Galicia so I have no personal experience researching house numbers in that area. However, Cadastral maps of some places in Galicia, which show property as it was in the 19th Century, do exist but I have no advice to give regarding locating such maps and coordinating them with contemporary maps. Perhaps someone else can advise you on that matter. The Latin given names in the record are translated into their Polish form. Two versions are given for the name Stephen. Both are legit in Polish.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Wishing you success,

Dave

Col. 1 N(ume)rus Serialis = Number in order: 12
Col. 2: 1855 (Year at top) Dies et Mensis = Day and Month:
Col. 2a: Nat(ivitatis) = of birth: December 28, 1855
Col. 2b: Bapt(ismi) = of baptism: December 30, 1855
Col. 3: N(ume)ro Domus = at house number: 55
Col. 4: Nomen Baptisati = Name of person baptized: Antoni
Col. 5: Religio = Religion
Col. 5a: Catholica = Catholic: Checked
Col. 5b: Acatholica= Non-Catholic: Blank
Col. 6: Sexus = Sex/Gender
Col. 6a: Puer = Boy: Checked
Col. 6b: Puella = Girl: Blank
Col. 7: Thori = of the (marital) bed
Col. 7a: Legitimi = Legitimate: Checked
Col. 7b: Illegitimi = Illegitimate: Blank
Col. 8: PARENTES = PARENTS
Col. 8a: PATRIS ac parentum nomen, cognomen et conditio ejus = The name of the father and the first and surname of his parents (i.e. the paternal grandparents of the child) and his condition/status/occupation: Stefan/Szczepan Białoruski, the son of Michał & of Katarzyna Mastalerz (the next line gives the father’s occupation but the letters are not legible because the surname of the priest overlaps some of them.
Notation at bottom of Cols. 1-8a: The midwife was Maryanna Mastalerz. I, Jan Wilk(?), baptized (him).
Col. 8b: MATRIS ac parentum nomen, cognomen et conditio = The name of the mother and also the first and surnames of her parents (i.e. the maternal grandparents of the child) and their condition/status/occupation: Anna Górska, the daughter of Wincenty and of Tekla (née) Kuzdrzat
Col. 9: PATRINI = Sponsors EORUM = Their
Col. 9a & b: Nomen et Cognomen et Conditio = First and Surname(s) and Condition/Occupation/ Status: Stanisław Gancarz, assistant pastor (&) Aniela Librewska, the wife of Jakub, the organist of this place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: