PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:44 pm      Post subject: Adamczyk/Siejk Family - Andrzejewo

I am searching for Adamczyk or Siejk family in Andrzejewo parish. I have been told that my relatives may be in the area of Ruskoleki, which makes sense since my great-grandfather had brothers born there. If anyone has any information or ideas I would appreciate it. Many thanks!
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:28 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

Can you provide more information, such as: given names and approximate year of birth? There are records online, but only for certain range of years.

Best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
jmd75

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:32 pm      Post subject:

This past summer I discovered my great-grandfather Joseph Adamczyk was born in 1880 in Mianowo in Andrzejewo parish. He was the son of Jan Adamczyk and Franciscka Siejk. It looks like my second great grandmother Franciscka's mother (Marianna Burczak) died and her father (Jozef Siejk) remarried a woman named Zofia Stanczuk and had several additional children. I joined a Facebook group for Andrzejewo parish and found other people in that group with the Siejk surname but the family I described was unfamiliar to them. I was told that there is another Siejk family in Ruskoleki that may be my family but no one in the group seemed to have contact with them. Ruskoleki is significant because my great-grandfather had a younger brother born there. I believe that my great-grandfather had two brothers who hopefully survived to adulthood - Wladyslaw Adamczyk and Aleksander Adamczyk. He had two other siblings who died in childhood - Stanislaw and Marianna. I was able to find all records of these events and was also able to go back several generations thanks to online records for Andrzejewo parish. I am trying to determine if any Siejk and Adamczyk family in Ruskoleki may be related to me. There is also a possibility that my great-grandfather may have returned to Poland when he separated from my great-grandmother in the late 1920s and I am hoping if I can find family they may have information about him.
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:46 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

I don't know how much research you have done and how many documents you have found for your Adamczyk and Siejk families. If you have a family tree on Ancestry with all your research you can private message me via Polish Origins so we can work out access. I can then view your research and perhaps offer more specific suggestions. If you prefer not to do that, then here are some general ideas:

1. I Assume you have researched these family lines all the way back as far as possible and all the way forward as far as possible with birth, marriage, and death records for your particular line, i.e., Jozef Adamczyk.

2. I assume you have branched out horizontally to all the siblings in each generation finding their births, marriages, and deaths and descendants as far as possible.

If you have done this, and still found no documented connections between the Adamczyk and Siejk families in Mianowo and Ruskoleki by searching the parish books, then you may be at the point of needing to hire a researcher in Poland to go to the village and ask around. The researcher may find living relatives or possible connections / clues that way.

In addition to hiring a researcher, you can try:

1. Searching other family trees on Ancestry, MyHeritage, etc., for your surnames and comparing your tree to theirs to see if you find any matches.

2. Do DNA testing and upload to Ancestry and other sites to see if you get any matches that have family trees you can compare.

3. Search on Facebook for your family surnames in Ruskoleki and contact them. They may reply and be willing to exchange family research information with you.

If I think of anything else, I will post again.

Finally, here are some examples of a similar "wall" in researching my own family:

When we were on a tour of my ancestral village in Poland with Polish Origins, we quite accidentally came across a family in a nearby village with the same surname as my family. They were kind enough to invite us in and share family information with us. I took notes and photos of documents they had. When I returned home, I traced their family line back as far as I could. Turned out that their oldest ancestor and my oldest ancestor were brothers dating back to about 1750! That is an example of of one way to trace a connection.

In another ancestral village (Dynow), there were so many families with the same surname as mine spread out across 2 nearby villages (one of them called Ulanica), that it was impossible to determine the connection via documentation while we were there visiting. However, upon returning home, I had my DNA tested and uploaded in Ancestry. One day I got a couple of new matches and when I looked at the surnames in the trees of the matches, I not only saw my surname in their trees, I also saw the village name of Ulanica. That let me know that the people in Dynow and Ulanica with my surname were indeed genetically related. But, I still cannot say what ancestor(s) we have in common because I don't have the documentation.

Anyway, I hope this sparks some ideas for you. Perhaps other members of the community will have additional ideas for you. Send me a private message if you want me to look at your tree.

Wishing good luck in your research,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:17 am      Post subject:

jmd75 wrote:
This past summer I discovered my great-grandfather Joseph Adamczyk was born in 1880 in Mianowo in Andrzejewo parish. He was the son of Jan Adamczyk and Franciscka Siejk. It looks like my second great grandmother Franciscka's mother (Marianna Burczak) died and her father (Jozef Siejk) remarried a woman named Zofia Stanczuk and had several additional children. I joined a Facebook group for Andrzejewo parish and found other people in that group with the Siejk surname but the family I described was unfamiliar to them. I was told that there is another Siejk family in Ruskoleki that may be my family but no one in the group seemed to have contact with them. Ruskoleki is significant because my great-grandfather had a younger brother born there. I believe that my great-grandfather had two brothers who hopefully survived to adulthood - Wladyslaw Adamczyk and Aleksander Adamczyk. He had two other siblings who died in childhood - Stanislaw and Marianna. I was able to find all records of these events and was also able to go back several generations thanks to online records for Andrzejewo parish. I am trying to determine if any Siejk and Adamczyk family in Ruskoleki may be related to me. There is also a possibility that my great-grandfather may have returned to Poland when he separated from my great-grandmother in the late 1920s and I am hoping if I can find family they may have information about him.

Hello,

I analyzed the maps of Siejk and Adamczyk surnames and please take a look:
Siejk: 10 people bearing this surname live in Mianowo, 14 in Nowa Ruskołęka https://nazwiska-polskie.pl/Siejk
Adamczyk: it is a very popular surname in the whole of Poland but it also appears in the area of your interests

If you would be interested in PolishOrigins' do not hesitate to contact us. The assistance with looking for living relatives is one of our services.
You can find more details here: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy/
Request form: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy-request

With greetings from Poland,
Katarzyna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: