PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations p.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 337, 338, 339  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4190

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:22 am      Post subject: Re: Help with translation. Thank you.

MariannaW wrote:
Please help with details of FHL copy of 1894 birth record for my ancestor, FELIKS PAWLAK, in Gostynin. I used reference guides and Cyrillic transliteration as best I was able.
Attached are Russian Polish birth record and abbreviated Polish birth record for Feliks , and 1891 RP birth record for his older brother, Stefan. Their older brother, Bronislaw, born 1888, (I can't find FHL birth record), emigrated from now suburb of Gostynin, Rataje , according to manifest, via Hamburg, where he reportedly worked in shipyards to earn money for passage, to Torrington, CT. He spoke German and Polish. Brothers Stefan and Feliks followed via Bremen pre-WWI , Stefan from Niskie, and Feliks reportedly using someone else's ticket as he is not on manifest of ship recorded in his naturalization. Feliks spoke Polish, Russian , and American English.
Please help with FELIKS' record --
1) age of his father Jozef --36 ?.
2) Jozef's occupation -- farmer ?, what class of farmer?
3) Mother Pelagia's age.--26 ?
4 ) Name and title of priest signing the document..
5) On STEFAN's record, translation of note in left hand margin.

I did notice that Stefan's mother and godmother had the same last name, Jagniotkowska, but I have not found any other family records via FHL. I do have a distant cousin Jagniotkowska match via Ancestry DNA, but we don't know how we are related.There was a Jan Pawlak in Gostynin birth records of the time, but can't make a connection. I have started to search for Jagniotkowskas in Gostynin indexes. There were said to be sisters of Stefan according to his obit.

Thank you for your help. I am sharing my research with cousins in Torrington, CT.
MariannaW

Gostynin

It happened in the town of Gostynin, on November 6th/18th 1891, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Józef Pawlak, farmer from Gostynin, 34 years old, in the presence of Franciszek Majewski, 42 years old and Jan Majewski, 35 years old, both carpenters from Gostynin and presented Us a male infant child, informing that the child was born in Gostynin, on November 1st/13th of the current year, at 10 a.m., of his legal wife Pelagia nee Jagniątkowska, 24 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Stefan and the godparents were: Franciszek Majewski and Joanna Jagniątkowska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, all illiterate and was signed by Us only.

Priest Ignacy Łukaszewski, serving as Civil Rgistrar.

Note on the left margin: It is a supplement to the sentence concerning the date of birth. These are the words: of the current year.

Polish People's Republic
Voivodeship: warszawskie
County: Gostynin
Registry Office in: Gostynin
Nr: 154/1894

Duty stamp: 15 zł

Abridged copy of birth certificate

I hereby certify that Feliks Pawlak was born on May 18th 1894, in Gostynin, son of Józef Pawlak from Gostynin and Pelagia nee Jagniotkowska from Gostynin.
Gostynin, April 14th 1958

Round seal: Registry Office in Gostynin
Rummer stamp: Registry Office head deputy: Pawlikowski Jan.

Gostynin

It happened in the town of Gostynin, on May 15th/27th 1894, at 6 p.m.
Appeared Józef Pawlak, farmer from Gostynin, 36 years old, in the presence of Franciszek Majewski, 40 years old and Marcin Marcinkowski, 44 years old, both farmers from Gostynin and presented Us a male infant child, informing that the child was born in Gostynin, on May 6th/18th, at 10 a.m., of his legal wife Pelagia nee Jagniątkowska, 26 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Feliks and the godparents were: Wawrzyniec Jagniątkowski and Józefa Marcinkowska.

Priest Ignacy Łukaszewski, serving as Civil Rgistrar.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Niziol23

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:25 pm      Post subject: Birth Akt of Adam Prężyna

Mr Marcel Proust,
I would like to request your assistance in the translation of the birth akt of Adam Prężyna in 1879.
Thank you for you time.
James N

76A41DBC-3CBE-401A-BFDC-004F80CE0046.jpeg
 Description:
Birth Akt 644 Adam Prężyna
 Filesize:  542.38 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

76A41DBC-3CBE-401A-BFDC-004F80CE0046.jpeg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:42 am      Post subject: Re: Birth Akt of Adam Prężyna

Niziol23 wrote:
Mr Marcel Proust,
I would like to request your assistance in the translation of the birth akt of Adam Prężyna in 1879.
Thank you for you time.
James N

Janów
Adam Szczepan Prężyna

It happened in the town of Janów, on December 13th/25th 1879, at 4 p.m.
Appeared personally Antoni Prężyna, clothier, who lives in the town of Janów, 31 years old, in the presence of Jan Tomczyk, 36 years old and Andrzej Pikuła, 40 years old, both townsmans from the town of Janów, and presented Us a male infant child, informing that the child was born yesterday in the town of Janów, at 9 a.m., with his legal wife Ludwika nee Wojtan, 31 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the names: Adam Szczepan and the godparents were: Jan Tomczyk and Petronela Pikuła.
this act was read to the declarants and the witnesses and was signed by Us and the child's father. The witnesses were illiterate.

Antoni Prężyna, father
Priest Ignacy Stefański, Civil Registrar.

Niziol23

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:52 pm      Post subject: Marriage Akt 90 for Katarzyna Wojtan and Tomasz Surtel 1874

Thank you for your translations Mr Proust. They are very helpful. I was hoping you could translate this marriage akt for my newly discovered 3rd Great Aunt Katarzyna Wojtan. If this is the correct Katarzyna, she would be the daughter of Wincenty Wojtan and Marianna Rosochacz.
Thank you for your time Sir.
James N

12B233A2-59B1-4785-9D53-16F49B1EFDD2.jpeg
 Description:
Marriage Akt 90
 Filesize:  870.35 KB

12B233A2-59B1-4785-9D53-16F49B1EFDD2.jpeg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:11 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage Akt 90 for Katarzyna Wojtan and Tomasz Surtel 1

Niziol23 wrote:
Thank you for your translations Mr Proust. They are very helpful. I was hoping you could translate this marriage akt for my newly discovered 3rd Great Aunt Katarzyna Wojtan. If this is the correct Katarzyna, she would be the daughter of Wincenty Wojtan and Marianna Rosochacz.
James N

I am working on it.

nick3371

Replies: 104

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:23 pm      Post subject: Janiak and Sobczak families

Hello!

I have a few records from the Morzyslaw parish about the Janiak and Sobczak families. Would anyone be able to translate them? There are usually two records per page but I only need the translation related to either of these families. I appreciate your help!

Best,

Nick

Jozefa Sobczak Birth 1880.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.29 MB

Jozefa Sobczak Birth 1880.jpg

Janiak, Walenty 1895.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  861.78 KB

Janiak, Walenty 1895.jpg

Janiak, Eleonora Birth.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  722.6 KB

Janiak, Eleonora Birth.jpg

Janiak and Sobczak 1901 Marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  612.36 KB

Janiak and Sobczak 1901 Marriage.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:53 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage Akt 90 for Katarzyna Wojtan and Tomasz Surtel 1

Niziol23 wrote:
James N

Biała
Tomasz Surtel with Katarzyna Wojtan.

It happened in the town of Janów, on June 2nd/14th 1874, at 2 p.m.
We make it known, that in the presence of the witnesses: Jan Orzeł, 30 years old and Wojciech Łukasik, 25 years old, both farmers, who live in the village of Biała, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Tomasz Surtel, a single man, 27 years old, tenant, born and living in the village of Biała, son of the late parents: Andrzej Surtel and Anna Surtel nee Kołtys, who were farmers in the village of Biała

and

Katarzyna Wojtan, a miss, who was born and lives at her family's in the village of Godziszów, 25 years old, daughter of the late spouses: Wincenty Wojtan and Marianna Wojtan nee Rozsochacz, peasants from the village of Godziszów.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the local parish church, on: May 19th/31st, May 26th/June 7th and June 2nd/17th of the current year.

Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
Religious marriage was performed by the priest Ignacy Okolski, vicar of the local parish.
This act was read and signed by Us only, the others were illiterate.

Priest I. Okolski, serving as Civil Registrar.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:19 pm      Post subject: Re: Janiak and Sobczak families

nick3371 wrote:
Hello!

I have a few records from the Morzyslaw parish about the Janiak and Sobczak families. Would anyone be able to translate them? There are usually two records per page but I only need the translation related to either of these families. I appreciate your help!

Best,

Nick

Glinka

It happened in the village of Morzysław, on January 1st/13th 1880, at 10 a.m.
Appeared personally Wojciech Sobczak, servant, living in Glinka, 33 years old, in the presence of the witnesses: Andrzej Kwieciński, 36 years old and Wojciech Michałowski, 35 years old, both servants, who live in Glinka, and presented Us a female infant child, informing that the child was born yesterday in Glinka, at 9 a.m., of his legal wife Nepomucena nee Ligocka, 22 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, by the priest Józef Ślusarski, the child was given the name Józefa and the godparents were: Edward Liczbiński i Teofila Michałowska.
This act was read to the illiterate present and was signed by Us only.

Priest Józef Ślusarski.

Wola Podłężna

It happened in the cillage of Morzysław, on January 9th/21st 1895, at 5 p.m.
We make it known, that in the presence of the witnesses: Wojciech Bochniak, 40 years old and Stanisław Józefiak, 40 years old, both servants from Wola Podłężna, a religious marriage was concluded yesterday, between:

Walenty Janiak, 21 years old, a single man, son of the late worker Walenty and Jadwiga nee Strzelczyk, spouses Janiak, who was born in Brzeźno, located in the parish of Konin and lives in Wola Podłężna, located in the local parish

and

Marianna Kwiecińska, 33 years old, a miss, worker, daughter of the late parents, shoemakers: Tomasz Kwieciński and Julianna Kwiecińska nee Lebiedzińska, who was born in Niesłusz, and lives in Wola Podłężna, located in the local parish.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the local parish, on: December 25th of the previous year/January 6th of the current year, January 1st/13th and January 8th/20th of the current year.

Religious marriage ceremony was performed by the priest Andrzej Muchański, local vicar, with the consent of the undersigned priest, serving as parish administrator.

Priest Stanisław Chmielewski.

Wola Podłężna

It happened in the village of Morzysław, on November 21st/December 4th 1904, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Walenty Janiak, 30 years old, worker from Wola Podłężna, in the presence of the witnesses: Walenty Urbaniak, 42 years old and Michał Urbaniak, 50 years old, both farmers from Wola Podłężna, and presented Us a female child, informing that the chils was born in Wola Podłężna, on November 19th/December 2nd of the current year, at 4 p.m., with his legal wife Marianna nee Kwiecińska, 42 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Eleonora, and the godparents were: Stanisław Janiak and Antonina Janiak.

Laskowiec

It happened in the village of Morzysław, on January 7th/20th 1901, at 4 p.m.
We make it known, that in the presence of the witnesses: Józef Paw..(the end of this name is hidden on the bent), 40 years old and Marcin Budny, 32 years old, both workers from Laskowiec, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Wojciech Janiak, 20 years old, a single man, son of the late Walenty and Jadwiga nee Strzelczyk, spouses Janiak, who was born in Brzeźno and lives in Wilków, located in the parish of Konin

and

Teofila Sobczak, 25 years old, a miss, daughter of the late parents: Wojciech and Nepomucena nee Ligocka, spouses Sobczak, who was born and lives in Laskowiec, located in the local parish.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish churches of Morzysław and Konin, on: December 24th 1900/January 6th 1901, December 31st 1900/January 13th 1901 and January 7th/20th 1901.

Religious marriage ceremony was performed by the priest Stanisław Chmielewski, administrator of the local parish.

this act was read to the illiterate present and was signed by Us only.

nick3371

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:31 pm      Post subject:

Wow marcelproust you are great! Thank you so much for your help-these translations are amazing!

Thank you!
nick3371

Post Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:17 am      Post subject:

Hi Marcel,

I have a few more translations for the Janiak family. They are mostly from the Konin area (Brzyzno). I tried cropping just the area that I need translated, but then the image size became too big. Please take your time with these! Thank you so much for all your help!

Nick

unknown 1877.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.35 MB

unknown 1877.jpg

Janiak, Wojciech Birth 1880.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.12 MB

Janiak, Wojciech Birth 1880.jpg

Janiak, Walenty Birth 1874.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.32 MB

Janiak, Walenty Birth 1874.jpg

Janiak, Stefan Birth 1895.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  772.67 KB

Janiak, Stefan Birth 1895.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:44 pm      Post subject:

nick3371 wrote:
Hi Marcel,

I have a few more translations for the Janiak family. They are mostly from the Konin area (Brzyzno). I tried cropping just the area that I need translated, but then the image size became too big. Please take your time with these! Thank you so much for all your help!

Nick

Nr 83
Brzeźno
Antoni

It happened in the town of Konin, on April 17th/29th 1877, at 12 o'clock at noon.
Appeared Walenty Janiak, worker, 47 years old, in the presence of the witnesses: Franciszek Kondrowicz, 49 years old and Wojciech Czerniejewski, 45 years old, both church servants, who live here, in the town of Konin, and presented Us a male infant child, informing that the child was born in Brzeźno, on April 14th/26th of the current year, at 1 p.m., of his legal wife Jadwiga nee Strzelczyk, 35 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Antoni, and the godparents were: Franciszek Tokarski and Eleonora Ciesielska.
This act was read to the illiterate witnesses and was signed by Us only.

Priest Piotr Bogucki, serving as Civil Registrar.

It happened in the town of Konin, on February 29th/March 11th 1880, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Walenty Janiak, daylaborer, who lives in the village of Brzeźno 53 years old, in the presence of the witnesses: Franciszek Kondrowicz, 51 years old and Wojciech Czerniejewski, 47 years old, both church servants, who live here, in the town of Konin, and presented Us a male infant child, informing that the child was born yesterday in the village of Brzeźno, at 9 p.m., of his legal wife Jadwiga nee Strzelczyk, 45 years old.
At The Holy Baptism the child was given the name Wojciech, and the godparents were: Józef Wesołowski and Józefa Jaziak.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, all illiterate and was signed by Us only.

Nr 22
Brzeźno
Walenty

It happened in the town of Konin, on January 30th/February 11th 1874, at 12 o'clock at noon.
Appeared Walenty Janiak, 45 years old, daylaborer, who lives in the village of Brzeźno, in the presence of the witnesses: Franciszek Rosiński, 42 years old and Michał Majchrzak, 42 years old, who both live here, in the town of Konin, and presented Us a male infant child, informing that the child was born yesterday, at 7 a.m., of his legal wife Jadwiga nee Strzelczyk, 35 years old.
At The Holy Baptism the child was given the name Walenty, and the godparents were: Jakub Pawlak and Antonina Szczepańska.

Wola Podłężna

It happened in the village of Morzysław, on October 1st/13th 1895, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Walenty Janiak, 22 years old, worker from Wola Podłężna, in the presence of the witnesses: Andrzej Kwieciński, 30 years old and Tomasz Kaszuba, 30 years old, both servants from Wola Podłężna, and presented Us a male infant child, informing that the child was born today, in Wola Podłężna, at 1 a.m., of his legal wife Marianna nee Kwiecińska, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, by the priest Andrzej Muchański, vicar of the local parish, the child was given the name Stefan, and the godparents were: Jan Janiak and Agnieszka Kwiecińska.

nick3371

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:10 am      Post subject:

Hello,

Could you translate a few records written in Russian?
Thank you so much, I appreciate all of your help!

Sobczak, Nepomucena Death 1892.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  354.4 KB

Sobczak, Nepomucena Death 1892.jpg

Ligocki, Maciej.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  271.61 KB

Ligocki, Maciej.jpg

Janiak, Walenty Death 1882.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  277.7 KB

Janiak, Walenty Death 1882.jpg

Sobcak and Ligocki Marriage 1874.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.97 KB

Sobcak and Ligocki Marriage 1874.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:35 am      Post subject:

nick3371 wrote:
Hello,

Could you translate a few records written in Russian?
Thank you so much, I appreciate all of your help!

I am working on it.

ertylisz
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 191

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:58 pm      Post subject:

Would you please translate two documents for me. The first is the birth of Marianna Splawski (1866) and the second is the marriage of Marianna Splawski (1886). Thank you, Gene Tylisz

SPLAWSKI, MARYANNA, BIRTH RECORD, 1866.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  422.11 KB

SPLAWSKI, MARYANNA, BIRTH RECORD, 1866.jpg

ertylisz
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 191

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:01 pm      Post subject:

Here is the second document, marriage of Marianna Splawski

SPLAWSKI, MARYANNA, MARRIAGE, 1886.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.84 MB

SPLAWSKI, MARYANNA, MARRIAGE, 1886.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 235, 236, 237 ... 337, 338, 339  Next Page 236 of 339

Jump to: