PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:28 pm      Post subject: Family Strzelec

Good evening,
It is my first post and I would like some help with the research of my ancestors of family Strzelec, that lived around Mława from 1845 to 1890, when they emigrated to Brazil.
I don't read Russian and I would like help to find the marriage record of Józef Strzelec and Anna Drulińska around 1872 in Mława.
The children of the couple were:
Marianna, born in 1875.
Anna, born in 1879.
Otylia, born in 1882.
Adam, born in 1885.
Jan, born in 1887.
Stanisław, born in 1889.
All the children were born in Mława and the family was Catholic.
Thank you for any help to find their birth records, because I don't understand Russian and I can't read the indexes of the parish books.

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:26 am      Post subject: Re: Family Strzelec

Eduardo Mokwa Glaner wrote:
Good evening,
It is my first post and I would like some help with the research of my ancestors of family Strzelec, that lived around Mława from 1845 to 1890, when they emigrated to Brazil.
I don't read Russian and I would like help to find the marriage record of Józef Strzelec and Anna Drulińska around 1872 in Mława.
The children of the couple were:
Marianna, born in 1875.
Anna, born in 1879.
Otylia, born in 1882.
Adam, born in 1885.
Jan, born in 1887.
Stanisław, born in 1889.
All the children were born in Mława and the family was Catholic.
Thank you for any help to find their birth records, because I don't understand Russian and I can't read the indexes of the parish books.

Hi Eduardo,
Welcome to the forum! I looked at the indexes online, for several years, for the births and marriages in the Roman Catholic Church in Mława, but I do not see your family. Is it possible that they were from some other town, close to Mława (that is, their records would be in a different church). Do you have any document with some other name of a village or town for this Strzelec family?
Best regards,
Sophia
Eduardo Mokwa Glaner

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:36 am      Post subject:

I have the birth record of Stanisław, the youngest son of the couple, born in 1889. The family lived in Łomia, a village near Mława and this record is in the parish of Mława.
Here is the link to the record.
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=13&zs=0054d&sy=1889&kt=1&plik=103.jpg&fbclid=IwAR0m9g8nKm9Fp7vH8axytYVpM7B4F_w2q8OfViDb25gQF8W2GOApZbXh_Yo#zoom=1&x=1687&y=180

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:57 am      Post subject:

Hi Eduardo,
You are exactly right. So, I do not understand why I do not see the other family members in Mlawa. I will keep looking.
I am attaching two images to my message. The first one shows the name Pawel Strzelec (not your family), first in Russian and then in Polish. The second one I copied from the link you gave me for Stanislaw's birth. I thought it might help you to see what the name Strzelec looks like .... the first three letters of the name look a little bit like the letters Cmp. When I go to the church book index, that is what I am looking for.
Best regards,
Sophia

Screenshot_2020-12-11 Program indeksacji aktów stanu cywilnego i metryk kościelnych.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.63 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot_2020-12-11 Program indeksacji aktów stanu cywilnego i metryk kościelnych.png

Screenshot_2020-12-11 Program indeksacji aktów stanu cywilnego i metryk kościelnych(1).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.57 KB

Screenshot_2020-12-11 Program indeksacji aktów stanu cywilnego i metryk kościelnych(1).png

mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:46 am      Post subject:

Hi Eduardo,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, Sophia, I am puzzled too. I looked through the Mlawa parish books from 1870 - 1890. I found 3 birth records for children of Jozef and Anna Strzelec:

Below link for 1886 Antonina Strzelec birth
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=13&zs=0054d&sy=1886&kt=1&plik=017.jpg#zoom=1&x=2492&y=811

Below link for 1887 Jan Strzelec birth
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=13&zs=0054d&sy=1887&kt=1&plik=075.jpg#zoom=1&x=2597&y=860

Below link for 1889 Stanislaw Strzelec birth

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=13&zs=0054d&sy=1889&kt=1&plik=103.jpg#zoom=1&x=2566&y=666

I found no marriage record for them or birth records for the other siblings in the Mlawa parish. Perhaps they were married and started their family in another parish Before moving to Mlawa. I suggest you post the birth records I found in the Russian Records Translation forum and request translation. Maybe the translation will reveal some clues.

Best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
Eduardo Mokwa Glaner

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:11 pm      Post subject:

If it is of some help, Józef Strzelec was born around 1845 in Turza Mała, parish of Bogurzyn. This information was in his obituary in a Polish newspaper in Brazil. His wife Anna Drulińska was born around 1852, but I don't know exactly where.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:33 pm      Post subject:

Eduardo Mokwa Glaner wrote:
If it is of some help, Józef Strzelec was born around 1845 in Turza Mała, parish of Bogurzyn. This information was in his obituary in a Polish newspaper in Brazil. His wife Anna Drulińska was born around 1852, but I don't know exactly where.

Turza Mała belonged to the parish of Lipowiec.
In the church book of Bogurzyn for the year of 1845 there is a baptism record for Józef Strzelec, who as born in the village of Głużek.

PAYPAL: [email protected]

Last edited by marcelproust on Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
nick3371

Replies: 104

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:39 pm      Post subject:

Hi Eduardo,

Here is the link to Jozef's birth record in 1845: https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/jednostka?p_p_id=Jednostka&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_Jednostka_delta=16&_Jednostka_resetCur=false&_Jednostka_cur=1

Strzelec, Jozef.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.76 MB

Strzelec, Jozef.jpg

mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:39 pm      Post subject:

Hi Eduardo,

Do you have any other details about Anna Drulinska? Her parents names? Any little detail? Was her given name Anna or Marianna?

Perhaps if we can find her place of birth, we can locate their marriage and the beginning of their family.

Cynthia
Send e-mail
Eduardo Mokwa Glaner

Post Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:59 pm      Post subject:

Her name was Anna Drulińska, born in 1852.She lived to age 100 until 1952. In her death record in Brazil doesn't mention his parents. Infortunately, I don't know her parents name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: