PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:19 am      Post subject:

Hi Andrew,

I would follow your interpretation, the names look more like “Hepp” than like “Hesop”.

The word before the Father Conrad Sauer's name is "der Eheleute" or "the spouses".

From the context and what we know about this couple (the names, the farmer in Bechenheim), I would agree that Conrad Sauer in the witness/sponsor is Conrad's father (husband to Margaret). From the document it’s hard to read. The second word in the last row – between “und” and “Frau” – could be “seiner”. You’ll see the same words in entries 200 and 204 on this page. So it might be “and his (i.e. Conrad the farmer’s) wife” and it’s the couple Conrad and Margaret.

Good luck for the Buffalo Bills.

Michael
mestanton

Replies: 212

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:31 pm      Post subject: Death Record for Wiktoria CIchowlas Budna Mielcare

Please translate from German my ancestor's death record from March 1891. She was Wiktorya Cichowlas born in Skotniki, Piaski parish, Poland, first married to David Budny, then Isidor Mielcarek. The witness may be a son Stanislaw Mielcarek by the second husband. I think she was born in 1799, making her about 92 years old.
Marilyn

7_195_0_2_3_106.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  218.34 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

7_195_0_2_3_106.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:34 am      Post subject: Re: Death Record for Wiktoria CIchowlas Budna Mielcare

mestanton wrote:
Please translate from German my ancestor's death record from March 1891. She was Wiktorya Cichowlas born in Skotniki, Piaski parish, Poland, first married to David Budny, then Isidor Mielcarek. The witness may be a son Stanislaw Mielcarek by the second husband. I think she was born in 1799, making her about 92 years old.
Marilyn

Hello Marilyn,

Please find attached the translation.

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 14.

Kl. [Klein] Moria, on March 2, 1891.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, the identity approved by his knowledge of persons and location [Personal- und Lokalkenntnis], the farmer’s son [Wirthssohn] Stanislaus Mielcarek, residing in Osniszczewko, and gave notice that

the widowed Leibgedingeria [A “Leibgedinge” was the obligation to provide benefits such as housing, food and care to a person up to their death, which was often agreed upon in a farm handover between parents and their children.] Victoria Mielcarek, born Cichowlas, 93 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Osniszczewko, born in Skotniki, county [Kreis] of Strelno and married with the deceased farmer [Wirth] Mielcarek (given name unknown), daughter of (unknown) in Osniszczewko on March 1 of the year thousand eight hundred ninety and one, at six o’clock p.m. had died. The notice giver declared that he was present at the reported death.

Read aloud, authorized and signed
Stanislaw Mielcarek.
The Registrar.
Csckenback.

Best regards,
Michael
a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:49 am      Post subject:

Thanks Michael, more to follow!
mestanton

Replies: 212

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:34 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Michael. I appreciate the translation, including the explanation of terms.
Marilyn
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:52 am      Post subject:

Michael,

I hate asking for long translations, but this german script here is very hard for me to read, all I can make out are the names and even those were worse than normal!

This is Eleanor Sauer birth to Conrad and Christina Geibel. 1831 in Niederwiesen Germany

Bottom left of attachment

Thank you.

Eleanor Sauer birth 1831 image 41 of 201.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Eleanor Sauer birth 1831 image 41 of 201.pdf
 Filesize:  1019.74 KB
 Downloaded:  165 Time(s)

Peter.Wollinski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:16 am      Post subject: German Translation Request - Rahne Wolinski

Happy New Year
It will be appreciated if the attached death certificate for Rahne WOLINSKI, daughter of Samuel, who died on 22 December 1914 in Jaktorow, could be fully translated from German to English.

Trying to determine if this lady is an ancestral member of the Wolinski family from Gollantsch. A person named Samuel Wolinski, was my great great grandfather.

Does the certificate provide for a religion of Rahne?

Thank you

Rahne Wolinski - death certificate adj.jpg
 Description:
Newspaper article: Samotschin [now Szamocin Poland] on December 27 1914. An approximately 60-year-old woman was found dead in the Jaktorow forest. She was frozen to death in an undressed state. The investigation showed that it was Johanna Wolinski from Go
 Filesize:  252.89 KB

Rahne Wolinski - death certificate adj.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Michael,

I hate asking for long translations, but this german script here is very hard for me to read, all I can make out are the names and even those were worse than normal!

This is Eleanor Sauer birth to Conrad and Christina Geibel. 1831 in Niederwiesen Germany

Bottom left of attachment

Thank you.

Hello Andrew,

A short translation is:

Eleonore Sauer was born on March 28, 1831 in Niederwiesen and baptized the same day. Her parents were Conrad Sauer, cartwright and citizen of Niederwiesen, and his wife Christina, born Geibel. The child was weak and had an emergency baptism where the midwife acted as deputy for the godmother Eleonora Geibel, unmarried daughter of Peter Geibel, day laborer and citizen of Orbis in the Kingdom of Bavaria.

Some additional comments:

Niederwiesen was part of the Großherzogtum Hessen (the Grand Duchy of Hesse) which introduced a civil registry quite early. So you had to register a birth there (at the Geburtsregister der Civilgemeinde Niederwiesen) first, getting an approval from the Ortsbürgermeister or mayor and could then have the child baptized.

The former border between the Grand Duchy of Hesse and Palatine exclave ruled by the Kingdom of Bavaria was the running along the Wiesbach 500 meters south of Niederwiesen, so Orbis was already in Bavaria.

As you might look for other documents from this place and time, please find here a transcription of the German text with the line break according to the original:

den 28ten März 1831
Eleonore Sauer.

Nach erfolgter Einschreibung in das Geburtsregister der Civil-
gemeinde Niederwiesen, laut Schein darüber vom Ortsbürger-
meister ist Eleonora Sauer, geboren den acht und zwanzig-
sten März achtzehnhundert ein und dreißig, heute den acht u[nd]
zwanzigsten März achtzehnhundert ein und dreißig durch den
unterzeichneten evangelischen Pfarrer nach Gebote der
christlichen Kirche getauft und in deren Gemeinschaft
aufgenommen worden.

Die Eltern dieses Kindes sind: Conrad Sauer, Wagner
und bürgerlicher Einwohner von Niederwiesen und seine
Frau Christina, geborene Geibel.

Taufzeuge ist gewesen die hiesige Hebamme xxx [unsure about the name],
da es die Nothtaufe, wegen Schwächlichkeit erhält, statt
der Eleonora Geibel, ledige Tochter des Peter Geibel, Tag-
löhner und bürgerlicher Einwohner zu Orbis im Königreich
Bayern.
C. Conschuh, ev.[evangelischer] Pfarrer
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:09 pm      Post subject: Re: German Translation Request - Rahne Wolinski

Peter.Wollinski wrote:
Happy New Year
It will be appreciated if the attached death certificate for Rahne WOLINSKI, daughter of Samuel, who died on 22 December 1914 in Jaktorow, could be fully translated from German to English.

Trying to determine if this lady is an ancestral member of the Wolinski family from Gollantsch. A person named Samuel Wolinski, was my great great grandfather.

Does the certificate provide for a religion of Rahne?

Thank you

Hello Peter,

The information about the death was provided from the Royal Public Prosecutor (Königliche Staatsanwaltschaft) on January 6, 1915.

The unmarried xxx [one word illegible] Rahne Wolinksi, 54 years old, [religion not provided], residing in Gollantsch, Kreis Wongrowitz, born in Gollantsch in the year 1860 (day of birth unknown), daughter of the business man [Handelsmann] Samuel Wolinski and his wife Elsa, born Hirsch, both deceased, from Jaktorowxxx [unsure about the name of the place] on December 22, 1914 was found dead.

Above 21 words deleted. 5 rows added on the margin.
The registrar.
[Signature].

Due to the low resolution of this scan some of the words are illegible. If needed, a scan with a higher resolution could help with the other words.

Best regards,
Michael
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:48 pm      Post subject:

Amazing Michael. Thank you. And you gave me the german portion so I can study and learn more - I appreciate that.
Peter.Wollinski

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:35 pm      Post subject: Re: German Translation Request - Rahne Wolinski

Dear Michael
Thank you for your translation.
I can provide you with a higher resolution, but need to do this outside this application which only has a limit of 2MB. The document received from the archives was 8MB in size. This may assist with respect to determining what the missing words are.
I was hoping that Rahne's mother's maiden name would be Gonsiorowska. On my great grandfather's marriage certificate of 1879, it shows that his his mother's name was Elli Goniorowska.
To add further uncertainty, when my great grandfather was married in 1879, a notice appeared in the local newspaper in Wongrowitz advising how the contents of the marriage were to be shared and his name was given as Wolff Hirsch Wolinski. I have always wondered where the name Hirsch came from, as all his official documents do not show this name. Any suggestions?
Cheers Peter
jmcenaney

Replies: 56

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:51 pm      Post subject: German to English translation

Hi, I'd be so very grateful if someone could translate this death certificate for me from German to English. It is for my great great great grandmother.

MariannaMollinZyndaDeath1901.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 MB

MariannaMollinZyndaDeath1901.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:42 am      Post subject: Re: German to English translation

jmcenaney wrote:
Hi, I'd be so very grateful if someone could translate this death certificate for me from German to English. It is for my great great great grandmother.

Hello Jaime,

Best regards,
Michael

C. No. 60
Berent, on July 19, 1901

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the master shoe maker [Schuhmachermeister] Ignatz Zynda, residing in Berent and gave notice that

the widow Marianna Zynda, born Mollin, sixty nine years eleven months old, of Catholic religion, residing Berent, born in Berent, the names of the parents of the deceased were not further specified, in Berent in his flat died on July 19, 1901 at 6 o’clock a.m.

The notice giver declared, that he was present at the time of death.

Read aloud, authorized and signed.
Ignatz Zynda, master shoe maker

The registrar.
As deputy
[Signature].
jmcenaney

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:43 pm      Post subject: Re: German to English translation

Kmichael8 wrote:

Hello Jaime,

Best regards,
Michael

Thank you!!!
jmcenaney

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 pm      Post subject: German to English translation

Hi, I'm hoping someone can translate this death certificate for me. Thank you!

JacobZyndaDeath1891.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  733.2 KB

JacobZyndaDeath1891.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 39 of 95

Jump to: