|Jillian W wrote:|
|I am trying to find the birth place for the following ancestor and have listed everything which I know about him.
His occupation from his marriage onwards has been given as a Kreisdragonner and my understanding is that each district office had six Kreisdragonners who were recruited from retired military men who were well educated.
In addition to the 9 children born in Jaslo I have found a further two sons who appear to have been born a few years before he married Katarzyna. As she was pregnant at the time of their marriage I’m guessing it’s possible these could have been her children or perhaps Jan had been married before and his first wife had died.
I would appreciate any answers/advice/information/suggestions/etc., to these questions:
1. What would be considered a retirement age for a dragoon?
2. Would he have been recruited from a dragoon regiment while he was serving in the Jaslo area?
3. If not, then would he have been recruited from elsewhere in Galicia - or even further afield?
4. Is it significant that the marriage took place in the town where Jan was employed rather than in the place where the bride’s family lived?
5. Does his surname provide any clue as to where his family originated from?
Anything which would help to narrow down a search area would be truly helpful.
|Jan & Katarzyna.JPG|