PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:01 pm      Post subject: Help Finding Polish Ancestors

I am looking for help in finding the ancestors of my great-grandfather Jan Bal. He was born in Czekaj on 8 June 1839 and died on 5 July 1905. He was married to Sophia Zagorska. I have tried to contact the church in Samokleski but have not received a reply. I believe his father's name was Pawel. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:46 am      Post subject: Re: Help Finding Polish Ancestors

Randy wrote:
I am looking for help in finding the ancestors of my great-grandfather Jan Bal. He was born in Czekaj on 8 June 1839 and died on 5 July 1905. He was married to Sophia Zagorska. I have tried to contact the church in Samokleski but have not received a reply. I believe his father's name was Pawel. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Randy,
Indeed the village Czekaj belonged to the parish in Samoklęski so you did a very good first step by contacting this parish. I keep my fingers crossed for a quick response.
However if there will be no reply and you would be interested in PolishOrigins' assistance in genealogy research concerning your ancestors, do not hesitate to contact us.
You can find more details here: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy/
Request form: https://polishorigins.com/genealogy-request

With greetings,
Katarzyna
jbudz922

Replies: 14

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:03 pm      Post subject: Jan Bal

My family group had research done on the Bal family years ago. Jan was actually born on 18-Sept-1836. If you provide me an e-mail. I can supply our Bal family chart and an e-mail to the Bal family. Zofia was born 21-May-1845.

my e-mail is [email protected]
jbudz922

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:08 pm      Post subject: Jan Bal

Our Jan Bal, father Josef, may be a bit of a different branch . Ours were all in Czekaj also.

Jack
jbudz922

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:10 pm      Post subject: Jan Bal

Pawel may be Jozef's brother as Jozef's third son was named Pawel.

Jack
Piotr Zelny
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:14 pm      Post subject:

Hello Randy, Jack and Katarzyna,

I know that Jack and his group have already done the research of the family of Bal, however, may be these two items of files turned out to be helpful, if you didn't check them on previous occasion. Definitely, they might provide additional information on the social status and material position of the family, may be rough word about the place where the houses were situated.

Inventory of the estate of Samoklęski from 1821. It may contain list of families, households (name of a part of the village where the cottage is situated), feudal obligations etc. Although I'm not sure whether the village of Czekaj belonged to the estate of Samoklęski or Osiek. It may be cleared up by the files listed below.
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/60/1158/0/-/1#tabJednostka

Administration of estate of the house of Ossoliński. There are files from 1785 which relate to the cause of fixing the boundaries between Osiek (royal estate) and Samoklęski (private estate). The village of Czekaj was situated in the half way between them. In such files you might find the list of households and their residents which were situated on the frontier.
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/1/388/0/-/313?q=osiek+XDSTOPz:[*+TO+1870]+XARCHro:1+29+33+56+59+60&wynik=46&rpp=15&page=4#tabJednostka

You can also search Metryka Józefińska 1784 - 86 and Metryka Franciszkańska 1819 - 21. The registers of possessors of ground and households.

Best regards
Piotr
Randy

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:53 pm      Post subject: Bal manor

On an old paper map of the Żmigród Region we have found the manor house of the Ball family XIX-XX Century, not far from Czekaj-Samoklęski. Where can we find the history of the Dwór rodziny Balów?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: