PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:06 pm      Post subject: In Search of Family - Krol, Oleksy

My grandfathers name is Blazej Krol and grandmother's name is Kazimiera Oleksy.
They were married in Wisconsin in 1912.
On Blazej's naturalization papers, it states that he is from Godziszow, and born is approximately 1881.
His parent's are listed as Tomasz Krol and Mary Lanart (from their wedding certificate).
Kazimiera's parents were Jan Oleksy and mother is something like Maria Sczewski (last name might not have correct spelling). Kazimiera had an older sister named Marianna who married Wladislaw Ciborowski.
On Blazej's naturalization papers it states that Kazimiera was born 1892 in Wasilowka.
Looking for information on both grandparents, and their families.
Thanks

Dannyk
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:13 pm      Post subject: Re: In Search of Family - Krol, Oleksy

Dannyk wrote:
My grandfathers name is Blazej Krol and grandmother's name is Kazimiera Oleksy.
They were married in Wisconsin in 1912.
On Blazej's naturalization papers, it states that he is from Godziszow, and born is approximately 1881.
His parent's are listed as Tomasz Krol and Mary Lanart (from their wedding certificate).
Kazimiera's parents were Jan Oleksy and mother is something like Maria Sczewski (last name might not have correct spelling). Kazimiera had an older sister named Marianna who married Wladislaw Ciborowski.
On Blazej's naturalization papers it states that Kazimiera was born 1892 in Wasilowka.
Looking for information on both grandparents, and their families.
Thanks

Dannyk

Here You have baptism record for Błażej Król:

Godziszów
Błażej Król

It happened in the town of Janów, on January 22nd/February 3rd 1881, at 2 p.m.
Appeared personally Tomasz Król, farmer, living in the village of Godziszów, 36 years old, in the presence of Jan Łagod, 24 years old and Wojciech Daśko, 50 years old, both farmers living in the village of Godziszów and presented Us a male infant child, who was born today in the village of Godziszów, at 3 a.m., of his legal wife Marianna nee Lenart, 36 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Błażej, and the godparents were: Jan Łagod and Anastazja Kendra.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, who were all illiterate and it was signed by Us.

Priest Ignacy Stefański.

-------------

and below You have the marriage record for Tomasz Król and Marianna Lenart:

Godziszów

It happened in the village of Biała, on January 31st 1864, at 2 p.m.
We make it known, that in the presence of the witnesses: Andrzej Muziarz and Marcin Tylus, both 24 years old, farmers, living in the village of Godziszów, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Tomasz Król, a young man, peasant, son of the late paweł and living Marianna nee Kupiec, spouses Król, farmers from Godziszów, 18 years old, who was born in the village of Godziszów and living at his mother's

and

Marianna Lenart, a miss, daughter of living Antoni and the late Tekla nee Dycha, spouses Lenart, farmers from the village of Godziszów, 18 years old, who was born in the village of Wolica and lives at her father's in the village of Godziszów.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish church of Biała, on: January 17th, 24th and 31st of the current year.

Groom's mother and bride's father, who were present at writing this marriage act, gave oral permission for this marriage.

Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses, who were all illiterate and was signed by Us.

Parish-priest's signature.

Błażej Król 1881 baptism.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.12 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Błażej Król 1881 baptism.jpg

Tomasz Król and Marianna Lenart marriage record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.57 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Tomasz Król and Marianna Lenart marriage record.jpg

PAYPAL: [email protected]

Last edited by marcelproust on Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malgroetsema

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:56 am      Post subject: Krol ancestors in my family

DannyK,

My cousin, Michael Król, may have more information on Król ancestors that I do. Most are not in my direct line. My maternal grandparents immigrated to the USA in the early 1900s from Galicia and moved to Wisconsin in the 1920s. They settled near Lublin WI, between Wausau and Eau Claire WI. I understand your family came from the northern partition of Poland, near Lublin. I have also seen records for persons named Król in the records I am researching from the Lisia Góra parish in Tarnów Poland. The only Król in my direct line is Zofia Król, my maternal great-grandmother. From the records I have, she was the daughter of Marianna Król and was born in 1841 in Kobierzyn. No father is noted in her baptism record. Marianna Król was born in 1805 in Kobierzyn, to Józef Król and Agata Witek. Zofia Król married Pawel Swietek in Kobierzyn in 1859. I know this is not a direct link to your Król ancestors, but I thought I would offer the information I do have. My cousin may have done more research on his father's ancestors, which is the another Król line. I do not know if the two Król lines in my family intersect. My cousin, Michael, does not readily share his research, but I can reach out to him if you think there might be a connection.

Dannyk

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:25 pm      Post subject: Krol ancestors in my family

Mary Ann
Thank you for your note. I don't think that there is a close relation here, but I firmly believe that all Krol's are related in one way or another. We would have to go way back in time, so as to make that link.
Yes my grandparents married in Milwaukee Wisconsin, and my dad was born, there also. When I was a pre-teen, we used to visit relatives there. To this day, I have no recollection as to who they were, and how we are related.
If I come across any connection to your family, based on the information that you sent to me, I will definitely reach out to you.
From what I can gather (from my limited time doing this research), almost everyone's ancestors lived in small villages. The only people that they knew were the families in those small villages. Therefore, the same village surnames keep coming up in marriage documents. On my maternal grandmother's side, I was able to connect the dots using this knowledge. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to gather further surnames on my grandfather's side of the family.

If I may ask, do any of these surnames come across in your research: Borkowski, Tluczek, Oleksy, Wisniewski, Baginski.

Again, thanks for making contact.

Dan Krol
Malgroetsema

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:56 pm      Post subject: Witek-Świętek Family

Dan,

The names you posted do not appear in my family tree, nor do I recall seeing them in any records I have looked at from Kobierzyn. If you are at all interested, you can view my family tree on MyHeritage: https://www.myheritage.com/site-family-tree-385395702/groetsema-latko-family. I haven't posted my most current research, but it has a good portion of my tree.

Best of luck finding more about your family Król!

Mary Ann

Dannyk

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:12 pm      Post subject: Krol

Mary Ann

Thank you

Dan
Bonn

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:57 pm      Post subject:

I knew an Oleksy family in the Northern suburbs in the Chicago area. You may try researching Kathy Oleksy in the Northbrook, Palatine area.
Dannyk

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:12 pm      Post subject: Oleksy

Thanks you.

I know that when Kazimiera Oleksy immigrated to the US, her destination was to Milwaukee, and that her destination was to a Wojciech Piekarski (or Pickarski) in Milwaukee.
Kazimiera had an older sister who immigrated to the US much earlier, and lived in Toledo Ohio.

Again
Thank you
Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: