PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:58 pm      Post subject: In search of relatives - Blok, Wojnar, Rzepka, Bednar, etc

Relatives - Blok, Wojnar, Rzepka, Bednar, Swietoniewski

My grandfather, Stanislaw Blok, was born to Michal Blok and Anna Wojnar on May 8, 1882 in Bialobrzegi. He had an a younger brother named Jan Blok. (Stanislaw immigrated to the United States around 1906 Detroit Michigan, followed by his brother Jan Blok in 1907, also to Detroit.) Stanislaw Blok married Honorata Kuzniar.
Anna Wojnar must have passed away, because Michal Blok remarried Anna Rzepka. They then had Aniela (Blok) Pijanowski, Sally Blok, Adam Blok, and possibly more. (Aniela was born in 1894, and immigrated to the United States in in 1912, also to Detroit.

I am looking for information and relatives for Jan, Adam, Sally, etc, as well as Michal, Anna Wojnar and Anna Rzepka. (Jan traveled back and forth to Poland a lot, and as I was told, was quite wealthy. When he died he left most of his fortune to the Catholic Church in Poland.)

* Also looking for the following: I am also in possession of an address for a Hendryka Blok who lived in Warsawa, and a Wladislaw and Wladyslawa that lived in Biallobrzegi, and Marja and Ignacy Swietoniowski family from Bialobrzegi. (These addresses are from the early 1970s and or 1980s.)

Any information that you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Dannyk
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:43 pm      Post subject:

Hi Dannyk,

Here is the link to the Geneteka Index page for some of the children of Michal Blok and Anna Rzepka

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=09pk&rid=B&search_lastname=Blok&search_name=Michal&search_lastname2=Rzepka&search_name2=Anna&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=

Note that Białobrzegi is also part of the Kosina parish. Makes me wonder if Stanislaw Blok and Honorata Kuzniar knew one another- or families knew each other - before immigrating to USA and marrying in Michigan......

Best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
Dannyk

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:13 pm      Post subject: Relatives - Blok, Wojnar, Rzepka, Bednar, Swietoniewski

Cynthia
Thank you for your reply. This information is invaluable. Even though Stanislaw and Honorata lived in close proximity growing up, at this time, I do not believe that they new each other prior to their marriage.

Regards
Dan
Dannyk

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:23 pm      Post subject: Stanislaw Blok from Bialobrzegi

Continuing to look for information on Stanislaw Blok who was born in approximately 1882, and his parents Michal Blok and Anna Wojnar.
His naturalization papers say that he came from Bialobrzegi.
He also had a brother named Jan also from Bialobrzsegi (not sure if older or younger).

Dannyk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: