PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509, 510, 511  Next
Author

Replies: 14

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:41 pm      Post subject: Birth and Marriage Record - Wizajny Parish, Suwalki

Hi Marcel.

I hope that you are doing well. When you get a chance, could you please translate the following Marriage and Birth record from Wizajny parish, Suwalki?

#8 Karolina Rydzewski Marriage1850: https://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/63/169/0/1/73/skan/full/7AUijAJYwvt6MSYUeWmy1Q

#149 Michael Rydzewski Birth 1864: https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/63/169/0/1/86/skan/full/rDvLbCSS6adTiTsTCzyJvg

As always, your assistance with this is very much appreciated!

jajan

149 - Michael Rydzewski 1864.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.66 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

149 - Michael Rydzewski 1864.JPG

8- Karolina Rydzewski Mar 1850.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.81 MB

8- Karolina Rydzewski Mar 1850.JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2926

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:26 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

I have some more translations please

Tłokinia

It happened in Tłokinia, on June 19th 1866, at 9 a.m.
Appeared Marcin Kura, servant, deceased's son, 23 years old and Jan Kurzawa, tenant, 50 years old, both from Tłokinia and they declared, that on the 6th day of the current year, at 7 p.m., died in Tłokinia: Jan Kura, widower, tenant, 48 years old, who was born and lived in Tłokinia, son of Tomasz and Rozalia nee Nowak, the late spouses Kura.
After convinced myself about the death of Jan Kura this act was read and signed by Us only, because the declarants were illiterate.

Priest Baraszkiewicz.

Thanks Marcel, now that I have confirmed I have the correct Jan Kura I have this marriage record for translation please

Tłokinia

It happened in the village of Tłokinia, on January 20th 1861, at 1 p.m.
We make it known, that in the presence of the witnesses: Tomasz Marczak, 33 years old and Bartłomiej Tatas, 50 years old, tenants from Tłokinia, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Jan Kura, widower, 41 years old, tenant living in Tłokinia, who was born in Tłokinia, son of Tomasz and Rozalia nee Nowak, the late spouses Kura

and

Agnieszka Tatas nee Banach, tenant living in Tłokinia, widow after the late Jan Tatas, who died in Tłokinia on April 9th of the previous year, born in Tłokinia, 37 years old, daughter of Sebastian and Marianna, the late spouses Banach.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, on: 13th and 20th day of the current month and year, announced in the local parish. (priest did not write the date of the third announcement by mistake i guess).

There were no objections for this marriage.
Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read and was signed by Us only, because the newlyweds and the witnesses were illiterate.

Priest Tomasz Baraszkiewicz, vicar of the Kalisz collegiate church, serving as Civil Registrar.

TedMack

Replies: 105

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:40 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

I have these records for translation please

Death Agnieszka Kura - record 21 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  189.68 KB

Death Agnieszka Kura - record 21 (2).jpg

Birth Agnieszka Banach - record 6 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.22 KB

Birth Agnieszka Banach - record 6 (2).jpg

TedMack

Replies: 105

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:29 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

I've been having trouble tracing my Great Great Grandfather and today I have found 2 marriage records either side of his marriage to my 2xGGrandmother, hopefully his parents details will be included in the attached marriage record. Can you please translate.

Marriage (1st) Walenty Kordylas - record 49 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  272.87 KB

Marriage (1st) Walenty Kordylas - record 49 (2).jpg

karabasser

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:31 pm      Post subject:

Hi everyone!

Could anyone confirm the names and ages (if available) of the parents of the bride Tekla Gutowska in this marriage certificate (record #1Cool: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1483d&sy=1854&kt=2&plik=15-20.jpg#zoom=1&x=1952&y=57

I'd be super appreciative... this may be key to a family mystery Smile Thank you so much!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:33 am      Post subject:

karabasser wrote:
Hi everyone!

Could anyone confirm the names and ages (if available) of the parents of the bride Tekla Gutowska in this marriage certificate (record #1Cool: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1483d&sy=1854&kt=2&plik=15-20.jpg#zoom=1&x=1952&y=57

I'd be super appreciative... this may be key to a family mystery Smile Thank you so much!

Tekla Gutowska, a miss, daughter of spouses: the late Józef Gutowski and living Magdalena Gutowska, heiress od Budki, living in Budki, 22 years old, born in Kęcerzyn, living at her mother's.

I have found Tekla's birth certificate in the parish of bierzwienna. She was born in the year of 1832.

Here is the baptism record and translation:

Kęcerzyn

It happened in Bierzwienna, on December 25th 1832, at 6 p.m.
Appeared Honourable Józef Gutowski, heir of the Siemsza?? and Budki villages, 32 years old, living in Kęcerzyn, in the presence of honourable Józef Rojewski, heir of Zwierzchociny, 40 years old and Rupert Piaskowski, heir of Drzykozy, 30 years old and presented Us a female infant child, who was born in Kęcerzyn, on 20th day of the current month and year, at 1 a.m., of his wife Magdalena nee Sojecka, 32 years old.
at The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the names: Tekla Teofila, and the godparents were: Józef Rojewski and Barbara Rojewska, Ignacy Rudnicki and Antonina Rudnicka.

This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and was signed by Us and the witnesses.

Priest Wiśniewski.
Józef Gutowski, father
Józef Rojewski, witness
Rupert Piaskowski, witness.

I have also found marriage record for Tekla's parents, in the parish ofBierzwienna, in the year of 1824, record number 3.

Tekla baptism record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  505.83 KB

Tekla baptism record.jpg

Kurt1322

Replies: 54

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:40 am      Post subject: 3 Brothers Marriage Bans

I would really appreciate help translating these 3 marriage Bans from the Parish of Warez. I am particularly interested in pulling any information about the parents or the towns where the boys were Baptized. Looking for the next place to look.

Thank you,

Kurt

Marriage Bans of Vincent, Joseph, & Matthew Tobiasz_Warez.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.31 MB

Marriage Bans of Vincent, Joseph, & Matthew Tobiasz_Warez.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:41 pm      Post subject: Re: 3 Brothers Marriage Bans

Kurt1322 wrote:
I would really appreciate help translating these 3 marriage Bans from the Parish of Warez. I am particularly interested in pulling any information about the parents or the towns where the boys were Baptized. Looking for the next place to look.

Thank you,

Kurt

Can You send the full page of these documents? i need to read the headings to translate the columns.

sławetny* Wincenty Dobiasz, shoemaker, born in Włodawa, son of spouses: the late customs guard: Samuel Dobiasz and living Elżbieta Ninferowna, a single man, 26 years old,

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Moszków, 37, local (probobly local parish)

sławetna* Apolonia Palisiewicz, daughter of spouses: Michał Palisiewicz and Katarzyna nee Trybińska, a miss, 20 years old,

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Horodłowice, 1, Sokal (parish name)

1st: February 2nd 1827
2nd: February 4th 1827
3rd: February 11th 1827

the last column is written in Latin and indicates the position of each pre-wedding announcement on the liturgical calendar

*sławetny/sławetna: middle class craftsman

sławetny* Józef Tobiasz, weaver, son of spouses: the late customs guard: Samuel Tobiasz and living Elżbieta Ninferowna, a single man, 24 years old,

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Moszków, 27, from the local parish

Cecylia Hanke, a miss, daughter of spouses: the late customs guard Mikołaj Hanke and Marianna Brodniańska, a miss, 14?? years old, Waręż, from the local parish

1st: November 9th 1828
2nd: November 16th 1828
3rd: November 23rd 1828

the last column is written in Latin and indicates the position of each pre-wedding announcement on the liturgical calendar

sławetny* Mateisz Tobiasz, born in Dubienka, blacksmith, son of spouses: the late customs guard: Samuel Tobiasz and living Elżbieta Ninferowna, a single man, 21 years old,

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Łubów, from the local parish

sławetna* Marianna Tarkowska, born in Łopatyn, a miss, daughter of spouses: Ludwik Tarkowski, blacksmith and Anna Brączkowska, a miss, 16 years old, Żabcze Murowane in the parish of Ostrów

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Waręż, from the local parish

1st: January 24th 1830
2nd: January 31st 1830
3rd: February 2nd 1830

Last edited by marcelproust on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2178

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:00 pm      Post subject: Re: 3 Brothers Marriage Bans

marcelproust wrote:
Kurt1322 wrote:

Thank you,

Kurt

Can You send the full page of these documents? i need to read the headings to translate the columns.

sławetny* Wincenty Dobiasz, shoemaker, born in Włodawa, son of spouses: the late customs guard: Samuel Dobiasz and living Elżbieta Ninferowna, a single man, 26 years old,

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Moszków, 37, local (probobly local parish)

sławetna* Apolonia Palisiewicz, daughter of spouses: Michał Palisiewicz and Katarzyna nee Trybińska, a miss, 20 years old,

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Horodłowice, 1, Sokal (parish name)

sławetny* Józef Tobiasz, weaver, son of spouses: the late customs guard: Samuel Dobiasz and living Elżbieta Ninferowna, a single man, 24 years old,

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Moszków, 27, from the local parish

Cecylia Hanke, a miss, daughter of spouses: the late customs guard Mikołaj Hanke and Marianna Brodniańska, a miss, 14?? years old, Waręż, from the local parish

sławetny* Mateisz Tobiasz, born in Dubienka, blacksmith, son of spouses: the late customs guard: Samuel Dobiasz and living Elżbieta Ninferowna, a single man, 21 years old,

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Łubów, from the local parish

sławetna* Marianna Tarkowska, born in Łopatyn, a miss, daughter of spouses: Ludwik Tarkowski, blacksmith and Anna Brączkowska, a miss, 16 years old, Żabcze Murowane in the parish of Ostrów

I need to see the header names of each column because I don't know what the next data is about: Waręż, from the local parish

Marcel & Kurt,

This is a standard book for marriage banns used in 19th Century Galicia. The three columns are A) the village where the groom & the bride resided; B) The house number (when it is entered); and C) The parish to which each party belonged. All the locations were in Galicia during the 19th Century, in the województwo of Lwów during the period between WWI & WWII, and are currently in Ukraine. In the first record it is woth noting that Apolonia was from the Latin (Roman) Rite parish in Sokołóka. (There also was a Greek (Eastern Rite) Catholic psrish in that place. The letters r.l. in the record stand for Ritus Latinus (Latin Rite).

In the second record the age of the bride is 14 (which corresponds with the age in the marriage record which was translated earlier). Although she seems young she had attained the canonical age to legally contract marriage. At that time the age was 14 for girls and 16 for boys—the ages by which both had entered puberty. The notation under the dates of the banns, benedixi 23 9bris 1828 (I blessed [the marriage] on 23 November 1828) corresponds to the data in the marriage record.

In the 3rd record the bride was from the parish of Ostrów. The Latin notation under the name of the parish states that she brought her baptismal certificate on 13 February 1830. The dates of the banns, both according to the civil calendar and the liturgical calendar, usually do not add anything of import regarding the marriage, but in this record the dates combined with the date of the certificate indicate that there was sufficient time for the marriage to take place before the beginning of Lent. Keep in mind that there were certain times of the year when Catholic weddings did not take place—from the beginning of Advent until after the Feast of the Epiphany (6 January) and again from Ash Wednesday until after the octave day of Easter (the Sunday after Easter Sunday).

Dave
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:15 am      Post subject: Re: 3 Brothers Marriage Bans

dnowicki wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
Kurt1322 wrote:

Thank you,

Kurt

sławetny* Józef Tobiasz, weaver, son of spouses: the late customs guard: Samuel Dobiasz and living Elżbieta Ninferowna, a single man, 24 years old,

sławetny* Mateisz Tobiasz, born in Dubienka, blacksmith, son of spouses: the late customs guard: Samuel Dobiasz and living Elżbieta Ninferowna, a single man, 21 years old,

Marcel & Kurt,

This is a standard book for marriage banns used in 19th Century Galicia. The three columns are A) the village where the groom & the bride resided; B) The house number (when it is entered); and C) The parish to which each party belonged. All the locations were in Galicia during the 19th Century, in the województwo of Lwów during the period between WWI & WWII, and are currently in Ukraine. In the first record it is woth noting that Apolonia was from the Latin (Roman) Rite parish in Sokołóka. (There also was a Greek (Eastern Rite) Catholic psrish in that place. The letters r.l. in the record stand for Ritus Latinus (Latin Rite).

In the second record the age of the bride is 14 (which corresponds with the age in the marriage record which was translated earlier). Although she seems young she had attained the canonical age to legally contract marriage. At that time the age was 14 for girls and 16 for boys—the ages by which both had entered puberty. The notation under the dates of the banns, benedixi 23 9bris 1828 (I blessed [the marriage] on 23 November 1828) corresponds to the data in the marriage record.

In the 3rd record the bride was from the parish of Ostrów. The Latin notation under the name of the parish states that she brought her baptismal certificate on 13 February 1830. The dates of the banns, both according to the civil calendar and the liturgical calendar, usually do not add anything of import regarding the marriage, but in this record the dates combined with the date of the certificate indicate that there was sufficient time for the marriage to take place before the beginning of Lent. Keep in mind that there were certain times of the year when Catholic weddings did not take place—from the beginning of Advent until after the Feast of the Epiphany (6 January) and again from Ash Wednesday until after the octave day of Easter (the Sunday after Easter Sunday).

Dave

Dave, thank You so much for Your expertise. I appreciate it a lot!

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:56 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

I've been having trouble tracing my Great Great Grandfather and today I have found 2 marriage records either side of his marriage to my 2xGGrandmother, hopefully his parents details will be included in the attached marriage record. Can you please translate.

Piwonice

It happened in the village of Dobrzec, on November 18th 1849, at 10 a.m.

We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Marcin Kuźbik, laborer, 43 years old, bride's brother and Ludwik Banaszak, innkeeper, 42 years old, both living in Piwonice, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Walenty Kordylak, a single man, 21 years old, farmhand living in Piwonice, who was born in Borków, son of Ludwik and the late Zofia nee Kaźmierczak, spouses Kordylak from Borków

and

Jóżefa Kuźbik, a miss, 21 years old, living at her mother's in Piwonice, who was born in Piwonice, daughter of the late Szymon and living Wiktoria nee Matusiak, spouses Kuźbik.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish of Dobrzec, on: October 21st, October 28th and November 4th of the current year.

There were no objections for this marriage.
Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses and was signed by us only, because the newlyweds and the witnesses were illiterate.

Priest's signature.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:01 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

I have these records for translation please

Nędzerzew

It happened in the village of Tłokinia, on April 14th 1863, at 8 a.m.
Appeared: Franciszek Wojtaszek, 34 years old and Walenty Cichy, 39 years old, both farmers from Nędzerzew and they declared, that on the 12th day of the current month and year, at 8 a.m., died in Nędzerzew: Agnieszka Kura, 38 years old, wife of laborer, who lived at her husband's in Nędzerzew, born in Tłokinia, daughter of Tomasz and Marianna, the late spouses Banach. She left her widowed husband: Jan Kura.
After convinced myself about the death of Agnieszka Kura this act was read and signed by Us only, because the declarants were illiterate.

Priest Tomasz Baraszkiewicz, vicar of the Kalisz Collegiate, serving as Civil Registrar.

-------------------------

It happened on January 19th 1823, at 10 a.m.
In front of Us, the parish-priest of Tłokinia parish, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Tłokinia, located in the district and the voivodeship of Kalisz, appeared: Sebastian Banach, 42 years old, farmer living in Tłokinia and presented Us a female infant child, who was born in his house number 7, and he declared that the child is born of him and his wife Marianna nee Somtas?, 31 years old, and his wish is to name the child: Agnieszka.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Jakub Fijałkowski, 32 years old and Jan Prus, 43 years old, both farmers from Tłokinia, this act was signed by Us only.

Priest's signature.

rjbenben

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:52 pm      Post subject: Death record translation

I have provided my transcription in Polish of the death record of Wojciech Mazur that has been uploaded. He died in the village of Krowica (Rajsko parish) an area just east of Kalisz. I am particularly interested in figuring out the name of the village and parish where he was born. Also would appreciate any help with the other blank areas (or mistakes in the transcription). Thanks, Bob

Dzialo sie w Rajsko dnia dwudziestego drugiego Maja, Tysiac osiemset pięćdziesiąt sześć roku o godzinie dziesięć rano. Stawili sie _______ Pawlak lat czterdzieści pięć i Piotr _____Olynik(??) lat trzydzieści cztery majicy obu dwa gospodarst w Krowica Pusta zamieszkałi, i oswiadczyli ze iz dnia dwudziestego bieżącego miesiącu i roku o godzinie jedenaście w nocy, umarl Wojciech Mazur __________ urodzony w wsi (BIELEC/BIALEC/BIDEC???) parafia _________owice, zamieszkały w Krowica Pusta, lat czterdzieści jeden majiacy, syn Jana i Rozali malzonkow, Mazurow juz niezyjarych, pozostawiwszy po sobie owdowiala zone Ewa z Przybyla Mazurowa. Po przekonanie sie naoczne o zejsciu Mazura. Akt ten stawajacym przeczytany, przez nas podpisany zostal. ________ pisac nie umie.

Mazur, Wojciech - 1856 - Krowica - 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  373.04 KB

Mazur, Wojciech - 1856 - Krowica - 2.jpg

Send e-mail
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 159

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 am      Post subject: Re: Death record translation

rjbenben wrote:
I have provided my transcription in Polish of the death record of Wojciech Mazur that has been uploaded. He died in the village of Krowica (Rajsko parish) an area just east of Kalisz. I am particularly interested in figuring out the name of the village and parish where he was born. Also would appreciate any help with the other blank areas (or mistakes in the transcription). Thanks, Bob

Dzialo sie w Rajsko dnia dwudziestego drugiego Maja, Tysiac osiemset pięćdziesiąt sześć roku o godzinie dziesięć rano. Stawili sie _______ Pawlak lat czterdzieści pięć i Piotr _____Olynik(??) lat trzydzieści cztery majicy obu dwa gospodarst w Krowica Pusta zamieszkałi, i oswiadczyli ze iz dnia dwudziestego bieżącego miesiącu i roku o godzinie jedenaście w nocy, umarl Wojciech Mazur __________ urodzony w wsi (BIELEC/BIALEC/BIDEC???) parafia _________owice, zamieszkały w Krowica Pusta, lat czterdzieści jeden majiacy, syn Jana i Rozali malzonkow, Mazurow juz niezyjarych, pozostawiwszy po sobie owdowiala zone Ewa z Przybyla Mazurowa. Po przekonanie sie naoczne o zejsciu Mazura. Akt ten stawajacym przeczytany, przez nas podpisany zostal. ________ pisac nie umie.

No. 77. Krowica Pusta. Mazur Wojciech. It came to pass on the twenty-second day of May in the year of eighteen fifty-six, at the hour of ten in the morning. Appeared personally Izydor Pawlak, forty-five years of age, and Piotr Olejnik, thirty-four years of age, both farmers residing in Krowica Pusta, and jointly stated that Wojciech Mazur, a farmer, born in the Village of Bielce within Iwanowice Parish, residing in Krowica Pusta, forty-one years of age, the son of the Mazurs, namely a married couple Jan and Rozalia, neither of them alive anymore, had deceased on the twentieth day of the current month of the current year, at the hour of eleven at night, leaving behind him his widowed wife Ewa Mazur nee Przybyl. It was visually ascertained that Mazur had deceased. This act was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by us as neither of the appearers could write.

Priest Teodor Wojciech Gluchowski (signed)
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:50 am      Post subject: Re: Death record translation

rjbenben wrote:

Here is the transcription:

Nr 77
Krowica Ousta
Mazur Wojciech

Działo się w Rajsku dnia dwudziestego drugiego maja tysiąc ośmset pięćdziesiątego szóstego roku o godzinie dziesiątej rano. Stawili się Izydor Pawlak lat czterdzieści pięć i Piotr Olejnik lat trzydzieści cztery mający obadwa gospodarze w Krowicy Pustej zamieszkali i oświadczyli że w dniu dwudziestym bieżącego miesiąca i roku o godzinie jedenastej w nocy umarł Wojciech Mazur gospodarz urodzony w wsi Bielec parafii Iwanowice, zamieszkały w Krowicy Pustej lat czterdzieści jeden mający, syn Jana i Rozalii małżonków Mazurów już nieżyjących, zostawiwszy po sobie owdowiałą żonę Ewę z Przybyłó Mazurową.
Po przekonaniu się naocznie o zejściu Mazura akt ten stawającym przeczytany, przez nas podpisany został, gdyż z stawających żaden pisać nieumie.

Ksiądz Teodor Wojciech Głuchowski.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509, 510, 511  Next Page 508 of 511

Jump to: