PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:04 am      Post subject: My Marciszewski family

I’m trying to find out about my fathers side of the family. Piotr Marciszewski is my 2nd grandfather but I can’t find his parents in Poland, but his birth record. Any help would be appreciated!

Name:
Petrus Marczewski
Event Type; Baptism
Event Date:1 May 1859
Event Place:
Briesen, Westpreußen, Preußen, Deutschland
Birth Date:
27 Apr 1859
Father's Name:
Franciscus Marczewski
Mother's Name: Marianna Makowska

Name:
Piotr Marciszewski
Event Type:
Marriage
Event Date:
11 Sep 1881Event Place:
Wabcz, Culm, Westpreußen, Preußen, Deutschland
Sex: Male
Birth Year (Estimated):
Spouse's Name:
Franciszka Kwiatkowska
Spouse's Sex: Female
Spouse's Age:20
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1861

223A6286-E8DD-4EA4-931F-CA1BEE916A3B.png
 Description:
This is my 2nd great grandfather
 Filesize:  577.02 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

223A6286-E8DD-4EA4-931F-CA1BEE916A3B.png

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:17 pm      Post subject:

Hello Crystal,

Not sure exactly what you are looking to find regarding the parents of Peter Marciszewski. FYI, Parish records are available online for the location of the family on the Family Search website:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/497287?availability=Family%20History%20Library

If you use the link I provided above, you can look through the parish records and find out if they had other children after Petrus. You may also be able to find the record for the first marriage of Franciscus Marciszewski along with the names and births dates of the children from his first marriage. Note: Taufen = birth; Heiraten = marriage; Tote = death.

For example, I found the marriage record of Franciscus Mrciszewski and Marianna Makowska dated Jan 30, 1859. They were from the village of Plebanka, At the time of the marriage, Franciscus was 43 years old and widowed. His bride, Marianna Makowska, was 26 years old and single. I am attaching the parish record.

All the best,
Cynthia

1859 Jan 30 Franciscus Marciszewki marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1859 Jan 30 Franciscus Marciszewki marriage.jpg

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517

Post Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:05 pm      Post subject:

Hmmm.... so this is strange...

Last night, I was able to access the parish records using the link I previously gave you. That is how I got the marriage record for Franciscus Marciszewski. Today, I tried to use that same link to do more research and found that all of the records are locked!! Now I can't get in to look for any more records.

That is very strange. It has happened to me before. Maybe I catch them during their server maintenance window and suddenly the gates are opened for a short period of time before they close again Wink

Anyway, it seems you will not be able to access those parish books unless you go to a research center.

Best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:01 am      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hmmm.... so this is strange...

Last night, I was able to access the parish records using the link I previously gave you. That is how I got the marriage record for Franciscus Marciszewski. Today, I tried to use that same link to do more research and found that all of the records are locked!! Now I can't get in to look for any more records.

That is very strange. It has happened to me before. Maybe I catch them during their server maintenance window and suddenly the gates are opened for a short period of time before they close again Wink

Anyway, it seems you will not be able to access those parish books unless you go to a research center.

Best,
Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,
Strange, indeed! However, I just followed the link you gave, and most of those records can be viewed from home, including the marriage record that you posted above. Only 1 of the 5 groups of records is locked and requires you to be present at a Family History Center or affiliate. Certainly the birth records for children of an 1859 marriage can be searched for.
Best,
Sophia
mcdonald0517

Post Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:36 am      Post subject:

Thank you for checking it out Sophia! So I tried the link above again. They were all locked for me. Then, from that page, I signed into my account. The files unlocked but for one as you mention. So, Yesterday, I probably forgot to sign in before viewing .... whew! Thanks for the help.
Cynthia
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: