PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:33 am      Post subject:

Joy Dean wrote:
Thank you, Sophia.
I didn't know anything about Stanislaw since their marriage. I wonder if there is any way of ascertaining if he is Emma's husband.

Hello Joy and Sophia,

Stanisław mentioned by Sophia died in 1918 in Górzno parish. Geneteka shows that there was Stanisław Graybner born in 1871 in Górzno parish as well
https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=07mz&rid=B&search_lastname=Graybner&search_name=Stanis%C5%82aw&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1871&to_date=1871

So I tried to find the birthdate of "our" Stanisław based on docments we already have:
1. birth record of Tadeusz - we can read there:
"October 17th/30th, 1906, at 10 a.m.
Appeared: Stanisław Leon Graybner, engineer, 35 years old, temporarily residing in Czersk"
2. marriage record of Emma and Stanisław (dated 1896):
"Stanislaw is a bachelor and engineer aged 24"
It means that Stanisław was born in 1871-72!

Moreover, in the marriage record we can read that Stanisław was born in Chotynia, Garwolin County. Chotynia belonged to the Górzno parish, please find a map: https://goo.gl/maps/ZR3Ed1eEBjAD8SMu8
Unfortunately records of this parish for the years 1871-72 are not available online so we cannot check parents' names to confirm this theory.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
Joy Dean

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:02 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Katarzyna. Without being able to visit the parish of Górzno physically, I think that I shall assume, hopefully, that this Stanislaw is ours. What a pity that the record does not give his parents' names, as it does for his mother's (below).
It was very helpful that the age of a child's father is given on the child's record of birth.

Interesting that his mother's death was recorded in the parish of St. Andrew https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=D&w=71wa&rid=D&search_lastname=Graybner&search_name=aniela&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1938&to_date=

If this is indeed "our" Stanislaw, then poor Emma being by herself for so many years.
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:06 pm      Post subject:

Great find, Katarzyna!

Joy, you cannot be sure what Stanislaw's death record says or does not say, just by looking at how it is presented on Geneteka. What you can say is that the person who indexed the records from Czersk or from Warsawa Sz. Andrzej chose to include more information than the person who indexed the records from Gorzno.
If you go to either of the Geneteka records from Gorzno for Stanislaw (the birth or death record) and you look at the column "Remarks" and hover your mouse over the little "i" then you will see that the indexer has provided an actual birth date and an actual death date. So it appears that the indexer was able to see the entire text of each of these records.
Perhaps you could request through Polish Origins to get copies of those records, to see if further clues are to be found.
Best regards,
Sophia
Joy Dean

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:07 pm      Post subject:

Thank you.
Yes, I have hovered now on his mother's record - translated to English, her name is Angel - and under remarks, her actual date of death is given: 19th January 1938. Also, Stanislaw's date is given, 17th October 1918. Also, there is "The index added: Pieniążek_Stanisław".
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:36 pm      Post subject:

Joy Dean wrote:
Thank you.
Yes, I have hovered now on his mother's record - translated to English, her name is Angel - and under remarks, her actual date of death is given: 19th January 1938. Also, Stanislaw's date is given, 17th October 1918. Also, there is "The index added: Pieniążek_Stanisław".

Hi Joy,
Isn't it great to be able to navigate that site? So now you are even able to see the name of the person who indexed those records, Stanislaw Pieniazek.
For some reason, when I click on the word "SKAN" under "Remarks" for Aniela Graybner's death, it does not show me the actual image from the church book, so I am providing a link here for you in case you had the same problem.
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=1&zs=0159d&sy=1938&kt=3&plik=034-039.jpg#zoom=1.5&x=309&y=179
Best,
Sophia
Joy Dean

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:30 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Sophia.

Joy
Joy Dean

Post Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:13 pm      Post subject:

I am in contact with the owner of the tree in ancestry.co.uk.
I have been told that Emma and Stanislaw had six sons, all of whom were killed in WW1 and WW2, and one daughter.
annabroszko

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:14 am      Post subject:

Tadeusz had a daughter, Anna Nika Graybner born in Ukraine as far as I remember. Anna was married twice and had two sons which one is my father Andrzej Broszko. Taduesz, probably died from his wounds.
Joy Dean

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:50 am      Post subject:

annabroszko wrote:
Tadeusz had a daughter, Anna Nika Graybner born in Ukraine as far as I remember. Anna was married twice and had two sons which one is my father Andrzej Broszko. Taduesz, probably died from his wounds.

That is very interesting.
Would you know much about Emma (my great-grandfather's half-sister)?
Darek Garwolin

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:10 pm      Post subject:

Joy Dean wrote:
annabroszko wrote:

Hello I am interested in the Graybner family from Chotynia and I have some information Please contact me at
[email protected]
Darek Garwolin

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:15 pm      Post subject:

Joy Dean wrote:
annabroszko wrote:

16-DPI300.jpg
 Description:
Stanisław Leon Graybner and Emma were already separated in 1906, and this is a press release in the Warsaw Kuryer from December 1906
 Filesize:  216.15 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

16-DPI300.jpg

Darek Garwolin

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:22 pm      Post subject:

annabroszko wrote:

And here is information about Stanisław Czesław Graybner, the father

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02yEFdjD4x6GU5xRG2H1yBjosNaXjGHHfYBhzTqAj8n6MMit64ZDC7bkL2PjAtCZBXl&id=100079454927580
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: