PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 am      Post subject: Name of town needed

I am helping someone to locate his grandparent’s ancestral town. The name is Andrew Mezerski (Mizerski) . On the ships’s manifest, he listed his town as "Lepice" but on his death certificate the town "Sietlivek" is listed. In addition, a relative thought the town was called something like "Biozliwek" . Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
louie
Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4195

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:48 pm      Post subject: Re: Name of town needed

Louie wrote:
I am helping someone to locate his grandparent’s ancestral town. The name is Andrew Mezerski (Mizerski) . On the ships’s manifest, he listed his town as "Lepice" but on his death certificate the town "Sietlivek" is listed. In addition, a relative thought the town was called something like "Biozliwek" . Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
louie

It would be much easier if you sent the ship manifest.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Louie

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:15 pm      Post subject: Andrew Mezerski

Here is some more information.
Thanks again,
louie

Andrew 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  497.41 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Andrew 2.jpg

Andrew 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  456.6 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Andrew 1.jpg

Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:47 pm      Post subject: Re: Andrew Mezerski

Louie wrote:
Thanks again,
louie

The village name of the last residence looks like Lipice, a village located in the parish of Królików.
If I knew his wife's name it would be easier to find more info about Andrzej birthplace, by locating their marriage record.

Below Andrej's entry there is a woman lised, named Stanisława Dykta, her last place of residence is listed as Lipice too and it matches, because i have foud her baptism record in the parish of Królików.

There is no baptism record for Andrej in 1880 in Królików parish so I believe he must have came there from different place.

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:03 am      Post subject: Re: Andrew Mezerski

marcelproust wrote:
Louie wrote:
Thanks again,
louie

The village name of the last residence looks like Lipice, a village located in the parish of Królików.
If I knew his wife's name it would be easier to find more info about Andrzej birthplace, by locating their marriage record.

Below Andrej's entry there is a woman lised, named Stanisława Dykta, her last place of residence is listed as Lipice too and it matches, because i have foud her baptism record in the parish of Królików.

There is no baptism record for Andrej in 1880 in Królików parish so I believe he must have came there from different place.

Hi Louie & Marcel,

Andrzej and the two Dytkas from Lipice with whom he traveled were all single at the time they immigrated. He married in the USA so his wife's name will not help to locate his birthplace since he was not baptized in Królików. It was a good idea but will not help in this case. The naturalization paper provides a clue but the spelling of his birthplace as Sietlivek would need to be determined with its proper Polish spelling.

Wishing you good luck,

Dave
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1028

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 am      Post subject: Re: Andrew Mezerski

dnowicki wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
Louie wrote:
Thanks again,
louie

Hi Louie & Marcel,

Andrzej and the two Dytkas from Lipice with whom he traveled were all single at the time they immigrated. He married in the USA so his wife's name will not help to locate his birthplace since he was not baptized in Królików. It was a good idea but will not help in this case. The naturalization paper provides a clue but the spelling of his birthplace as Sietlivek would need to be determined with its proper Polish spelling.

Wishing you good luck,

Dave

Perhaps it is Szetlewek, Gmina Zagórów.
Sophia
P.S. for Dave, are you possibly thinking about football coaches? Say, Mike Ditka, for example? I kept wanting to do the same here, but the name in the record is Dykta rather than Dytka.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:13 am      Post subject: Re: Andrew Mezerski

Sophia wrote:
dnowicki wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
Louie wrote:
Thanks again,
louie

Hi Louie & Marcel,

Wishing you good luck,

Dave

Perhaps it is Szetlewek, Gmina Zagórów.
Sophia
P.S. for Dave, are you possibly thinking about football coaches? Say, Mike Ditka, for example? I kept wanting to do the same here, but the name in the record is Dykta rather than Dytka.

i have checked the romancatholic church book of Rzgów, to which Szetlewek belonged and there was bo baptism record in the year 1880 and before and after 1880 too.

However, there was a baptism record for a woman, Katarzyna Mizerska, in the year of 1879, who was born in the village of Szetlewek, in the parish of Rzgów, her parents were: Wawrzyniec Mizerski and Apolonia nee Żelek.

It would be worth to check the year of 1881 for the parish of Rzgów but this records are not available online unfortunately.

I made a phone call to The State Archives of Konin and they told me that the year of 1881 is missing in their resources. if it survived it could be stored in the diocesian archives of Włocławek or Gniezno maybe.

Good news is that the baptism book for the year of 1881 is available at the diocesian archives in the town of Włocławek. I can ask to check if there is a baptism record for Andrzej in this year.

ervol57

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:38 pm      Post subject: Name of town needed

Hi All,

I am the great-granddaughter of Andrew Mizerski (the name was changed to Mezerski when they came to US). I am also trying to research where his birth town is and perhaps who his parents were (Although my search has just begun). I saw in one of the posts that there was a question of his wife - it was Mary Andruska [Anderson] (born 12/25/1883). My grandfather was Stanley...one of Andrew's 8 children. Thank you all for the information you have provided thus far. And Louie - who are you searching for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: