PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:33 am      Post subject: A warning against a "researcher"

I have been running a genealogy research and tours business for 17 years now. I have met personally or online thousands of people connected to the genealogy communities. Till today I am often struck by how incredible, helpful and kind individuals and communities created around the ancestry and heritage topics are. They often volunteer their time and knowledge, “pay it forward”, enjoy together with those we managed to make progress in their discoveries. This forum is a very good example of this attitude.

Although it is very rare, it happens that there appear not so kind people. But this is like in every community, even in genealogical one Smile.

Being unkind is one thing, being dishonest is another.

This is why for the first time in running PolishOrigins I must WARN YOU against doing any deals with Nikita Demidoff from Belarus (on social media ndemidoff_von_albedyll). We paid him in advance for the research he promised to perform within a few weeks.

Four months later we have nothing but his responses to our emails like: “Research I completed all”, “I will write answers for your email today!!!”, But he never kept his word on answering on time, nor delivered research results, nor returned the money we paid him.
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2021 7:21 am      Post subject:

Update May 27, 21.

After I sent Nikita link to the post above he immediately responded that he would return the money we had sent him in advance for the research projects.

A month later no money, no research results, no response at all.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: