PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:23 pm      Post subject: hard to find death records for recent ancestors-Drobin area

I have been trying for some time to find death records for the following four 2nd-great and 3rd-great grandparents, all of whom lived in the Drobin area, North of Płock.

1. Grzegorz Chałupczyński (sometimes spelled Chałupczak) (1833-?). Last found to be living in Ciesle (Drobin parish) in 1874.
2. Zofia (Mielczarska) Chałupczyńska (sometimes spelled Chałupczak) (wife of Grzegorz) (1822-?). Also last found to be living in Ciesle (Drobin parish) in 1874.
3. Antoni Chałupczyński (son of Grzegorz) (1854-?). Believed by the 1930's to be living in the Drobin/ Słupia/ Łęg Probostwo area.
4. Walerya (Nowakowska) Chałupczyńska (wife of Antoni) (1857-?). Also believed by the 1930's to be living in the Drobin/ Słupia/ Łęg Probostwo area.

I've done extensive searching for all of them on microfilm, and writing to various civil record offices. Considering that some of them might have lived well into the 20th century, even into the Soviet era, and records from that time not only aren't on microfilm, but are very hard to locate. What other options are there for locating any of their death records? Thanks.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4187

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:45 pm      Post subject: Re: hard to find death records for recent ancestors

starshadow wrote:
I have been trying for some time to find death records for the following four 2nd-great and 3rd-great grandparents, all of whom lived in the Drobin area, North of Płock.

1. Grzegorz Chałupczyński Last found to be living in Ciesle (Drobin parish) in 1874.
2. Zofia (Mielczarska) Chałupczyńska . Also last found to be living in Ciesle (Drobin parish) in 1874.
3. Antoni Chałupczyński . Believed by the 1930's to be living in the Drobin/ Słupia/ Łęg Probostwo area.
4. Walerya (Nowakowska) Chałupczyńska. Also believed by the 1930's to be living in the Drobin/ Słupia/ Łęg Probostwo area.

On the basis of what documents do you say so? it will be easier to figure out if you share these details with us.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:40 pm      Post subject:

Hi Starshadow,

You have been researching this for quite some time, so you probably already did this: did you research all of the parishes you mention in your post, including Slupia? I ask because there are records available up to 1917 in the Metryki database.

This is a tough one because it looks like your family moved around the area quite a bit. So, the records could be scattered in different parishes.

Sorry I don't have any bright ideas. I will look around a bit more and see if any clues show up.

Best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:18 pm      Post subject: Re: hard to find death records for recent ancestors

marcelproust wrote:
starshadow wrote:

1. Grzegorz Chałupczyński Last found to be living in Ciesle (Drobin parish) in 1874.
2. Zofia (Mielczarska) Chałupczyńska . Also last found to be living in Ciesle (Drobin parish) in 1874.
3. Antoni Chałupczyński . Believed by the 1930's to be living in the Drobin/ Słupia/ Łęg Probostwo area.
4. Walerya (Nowakowska) Chałupczyńska. Also believed by the 1930's to be living in the Drobin/ Słupia/ Łęg Probostwo area.

On the basis of what documents do you say so? it will be easier to figure out if you share these details with us.

Hi Marcel. The last document I have which mentions Grzegorz and Zofia Chalupczynski and their whereabouts is the 1874 marriage of their daughter Agnieszka. Here's a copy of that marriage. I believe it says Grzegorz and Zofia were both alive and living in Ciesle. Is that right?

I also have the 1876 marriage of their son Antoni. It mentions Grzegorz and Zofia, but doesn't say if they were still alive, or where they were living.

After that, I lose track of Grzegorz and Zofia. I have searched the online microfilms of Slupia, Drobin, and Leg Probostwo for their death records. But those microfilms don't go beyond 1910 or so. I suspect Grzegorz and Zofia may have both lived after that time. They could have died in the 1910's or 1920's.

1876-slupia-mankowo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  856.33 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1876-slupia-mankowo.jpg

1874-drobin-ciesle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  464.96 KB

1874-drobin-ciesle.jpg

starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:24 pm      Post subject: Re: hard to find death records for recent ancestors

marcelproust wrote:
starshadow wrote:

As for my 2nd-great grandparents Antoni and Walerya Chalupczynski. I have a letter from their granddaughter Regina saying that her mother Maryanna (their daughter) died in 1922, when Regina was only 2. In her letter Regina says that after her mother's death, her grandparents Antoni and Walerya raised her.

Since Regina was born about 1920, I suspect Antoni and Walerya may have both lived well into the 1930's or 1940's. I am assuming they raised her in the Slupia/ Drobin/ Leg Probostwo area. But I don't know that for a certainty. All I know is, after Regina grew up and got married herself, she lived in the city of Plock.

Last edited by starshadow on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:37 pm      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hi Starshadow,

You have been researching this for quite some time, so you probably already did this: did you research all of the parishes you mention in your post, including Slupia? I ask because there are records available up to 1917 in the Metryki database.

This is a tough one because it looks like your family moved around the area quite a bit. So, the records could be scattered in different parishes.

Sorry I don't have any bright ideas. I will look around a bit more and see if any clues show up.

Best,
Cynthia

Thanks Cynthia. I believe I've checked the death records for the parishes of Slupia, Drobin, Leg Probostwo, Rogotworsk, Koziebrody, Zawidz, and Jezewo. And a few I might be forgetting. Some of those on Metryki, some on Szukajwarchiwach, and some on the FHLC. But there's always a chance I've missed some of those later years on Metryki. I'll take another look. Thanks for reminding me.

And of course Geneteka. In fact there's a Zofia Chalupczynska who died in Sierpc in 1910, but I believe she was just a child.

Last edited by starshadow on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:51 pm      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hi Starshadow,

Best,
Cynthia

Regina corresponded frequently with some of my American cousins. I have copies of her letters (her married name Golebiewska), as well as letters from her son Ryszard Golebiewski. I believe Regina passed away years ago. But I wonder if her son Ryszard is still around. If only I could connect with him or some other relatives there. They might know a lot more of the story.
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:05 pm      Post subject:

Hi again,

So, not sure this is him, but I searched Facebook and found Ryszard Golebiewski in Plock:

https://m.facebook.com/rgolebiewski1

Cynthia
Send e-mail
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:23 pm      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hi again,

So, not sure this is him, but I searched Facebook and found Ryszard Golebiewski in Plock:

https://m.facebook.com/rgolebiewski1

Cynthia

Wow, that could be him. It's worth a try. Thanks Cynthia!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4187

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:44 am      Post subject:

starshadow wrote:
mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hi Starshadow,

Best,
Cynthia

Regina corresponded frequently with some of my American cousins. I have copies of her letters (her married name Golebiewska), as well as letters from her son Ryszard Golebiewski. I believe Regina passed away years ago. But I wonder if her son Ryszard is still around. If only I could connect with him or some other relatives there. They might know a lot more of the story.

At the municipal cemetery in Płock there is a grave with the following inscription:

Stanisław and Regina
Gołębiewscy
RIP

There is also information that regina died on January 25th, 1997.
Is this the Regina you are writing about, I do not know. I can leave a message on the grave.

More details, such as copies of the mentioned letters, etc could give Us more information.

2,2,.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.19 KB

2,2,.jpg

PAYPAL: [email protected]
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:44 pm      Post subject:

At the municipal cemetery in Płock there is a grave with the following inscription:

Stanisław and Regina
Gołębiewscy
RIP

There is also information that regina died on January 25th, 1997.
Is this the Regina you are writing about, I do not know. I can leave a message on the grave.

More details, such as copies of the mentioned letters, etc could give Us more information.[/quote]

Thanks Marcel. Yes I believe that is her. My cousin Ethel said she stopped getting letters from Regina about that time. I will try to scan some of the letters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: