PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:43 pm      Post subject: Understanding Polish Record ("ludzie wolni" term)

Hello! I am humbly asking for help in understanding information I have found on my third great grandfather, Symon Zyniel.

The link below is for the 1811 Revision List for Sumiliszki parish near the town of Buzel. Near the bottom, under "Ludzie Wolni," is his name. If I understand correctly, he was "free" but worked and lived on the estate. While I don't need a word-for-word translation, I would like to know if there is any additional information about him, or the szlachta, contained in the document. I have also attached a written paragraph on the entry, which may or may not have any additional information.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS8J-R9NZ-N?i=434&cat=3498966

Many thanks! Marie

6-20-21 1811 RL (Zyniel text).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  637.32 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

6-20-21 1811 RL (Zyniel text).png

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3146

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:43 pm      Post subject: Re: Understanding Polish Record ("ludzie wolni" te

marierpk wrote:
Hello! I am humbly asking for help in understanding information I have found on my third great grandfather, Symon Zyniel.

The link below is for the 1811 Revision List for Sumiliszki parish near the town of Buzel. Near the bottom, under "Ludzie Wolni," is his name. If I understand correctly, he was "free" but worked and lived on the estate. While I don't need a word-for-word translation, I would like to know if there is any additional information about him, or the szlachta, contained in the document. I have also attached a written paragraph on the entry, which may or may not have any additional information.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS8J-R9NZ-N?i=434&cat=3498966

Many thanks! Marie

I think You uderstood the therm "ludzie wolni" well. these people were of peasant origin.

Szymon Zyniel, in the revision from the year of 1811, was entered into the cathegory of "ludzie wolni", as a son of Maciej Zyniel. He was 8 years old at the time of the previous revision.
There is also information that he run away in the year of 1802.

The attached document is a statement of the noblemans from the area of Buzel, given to nobleman, Tadeusz Kijański, that Szymon, son of Maciej Zelnio, who was entered into the revision list in the year of 1795, run away from Kijański in the year of 1802.
Attempts were made to find out what happened to him, but to no avail.

Statement was written down in Buzele, in the year of 1811, on September 14th.

It is possible that other forum participants will add more information, especially in terms of the historical background.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: