PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Ciotuszynski; Busa
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:00 pm      Post subject: Ciotuszynski; Busa

I have spent the last 12 yrs trying to find info of my families in Poland and can not seem to find anything except in the USA and there are very few here in America. My fathers parents died when he was 3yrs old and there is no info to be passed down. I Have located 2 different families of the Ciotuszynski with one coming in 1888 (my G. Grandfather and family) coming from Russian Occupation and one coming in 1914 coming from German Occupation.
I can not pinpoint the Buza family as there are many of them and in America none know of my G. Grandmother Julianne Buza.
I am curious about the village Nowa and Stara Ciotusz as it is eact spelling of our surname at the beginning (Ciotuszynski) could it be village of our family origin???
Please contact [email protected] if you know of the families and the villages. Thank you. Rita [email protected]
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:30 pm      Post subject:

Rita,

Was it your grandparents Ciotuszynski and Buza who immigrated to the USA?
Send e-mail
Ciot

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:39 pm      Post subject: Ciotuszynski; Busa

No they were my Great Grandparents that came to America in 1888.
Zenon wrote:
Rita,

Was it your grandparents Ciotuszynski and Buza who immigrated to the USA?
Zenon

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:44 pm      Post subject:

Do you have any more specific information beside they were coming from Russian (or German) occupation? I am afraid that without place of residence before leaving Poland (or rather old Polish territory) it will be difficult to find anything in Poland..
Send e-mail
Ciot

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:50 pm      Post subject: Ciotuszynski; Busa

Zenon it appears they came to America from Woluszewo and it is possible that my Great Grandmother Julianne Buza was born in Maliszewo. My Great Grandfather was Stanislaus Ciotuszynski. They brought 4 children to America with them....1 son and 3 daughters. Stanley, Michaline, Maryanna, and Victoria.

Thank you, Rita

Zenon wrote:
Do you have any more specific information beside they were coming from Russian (or German) occupation? I am afraid that without place of residence before leaving Poland (or rather old Polish territory) it will be difficult to find anything in Poland..
Zenon

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:52 am      Post subject:

In 'Geographical Dictionary of Polish Kingdom...' I found five Maliszewos: in Plock area, Lipno area (2), Lomza area and Minsk area (now Belarus).

I didn't find any Woluszewo, but one Woliszewo in Pozan area.

You can use http://maps.google.com to locate these places.

Maybe do you have scanned documents from which we could try to read more details about your grandparents, mainly about places from which they could emigrated.. You could upload them here.
Send e-mail
Ciot

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:07 pm      Post subject:

Zenon I do believe it is said that My G. Grandmother Julianne Buza would be from Maliszewo from Lipno area. Which ever is closest to Woluszewo would be my guess. I found Woluszewo were my G. Grandfather Stanislaus Ciotuszynski and family came from to America; west of Ciechocinek of Woj. Kujawsko-Pomorskie near Wisla River.....is it close to Bydgoszcz or governed by Bydgoszcz as I do know Ciotuszynski have been found in Bydgoszcz.

I will upload the document that I have with the village name.

Zenon thank you very much....is it possible that you will be able to find documents showing births or marriage information??

Best Regards,
Rita

Zenon wrote:
In 'Geographical Dictionary of Polish Kingdom...' I found five Maliszewos: in Plock area, Lipno area (2), Lomza area and Minsk area (now Belarus).

I didn't find any Woluszewo, but one Woliszewo in Pozan area.

You can use http://maps.google.com to locate these places.

Maybe do you have scanned documents from which we could try to read more details about your grandparents, mainly about places from which they could emigrated.. You could upload them here.
Ciot

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:11 pm      Post subject: Re: Ciotuszynski; Busa

Zenon it is listed that they came from Polish/Russia. My researching has stated that Woluszewo was Russian Occupation in 1888. But again I have no proof of certainty that this is where they truly came from. I hope you got the attachment that I sent and can confirm the village name.

Best Regards,
Rita

Ciot wrote:
Zenon it appears they came to America from Woluszewo and it is possible that my Great Grandmother Julianne Buza was born in Maliszewo. My Great Grandfather was Stanislaus Ciotuszynski. They brought 4 children to America with them....1 son and 3 daughters. Stanley, Michaline, Maryanna, and Victoria.

Thank you, Rita

Zenon wrote:
1/2pint

Replies: 36

Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:08 am      Post subject: Re: Ciotuszynski; Busa

Ciot wrote:
My Great Grandfather was Stanislaus Ciotuszynski. They brought 4 children to America with them....1 son and 3 daughters. Stanley, Michaline, Maryanna, and Victoria.

Thank you, Rita

Hi Rita,

I have some questions.....

Where did your great grandfather settle in the USA? His birht year?
Who is your grandfather (Stanley?)? When born? Where? Where & when did he die?
When & where was your father born?
What US records have you obtained and tried to obtain for your great grandfather & his family?
1/2pint

Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:54 am      Post subject:

Wołuszewo
wieś
675 osób
woj. kujawsko-pomorskie
pow. aleksandrowski
gmina Aleksandrów Kujawski

Wołuszewo [vɔwuˈʂɛvɔ] is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Aleksandrów Kujawski, within Aleksandrów County, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, in north-central Poland. It lies 5 kilometres (3 mi) north-east of Aleksandrów Kujawski and 18 km (11 mi) south-east of Toruń.

Map>
http://www.maplandia.com/poland/kujawsko-pomorskie/aleksandrow-kujawski/woluszewo/
____
Maliszewo [malʲiˈʂɛvɔ] is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Lipno, within Lipno County, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, in north-central Poland.

Map>
http://atlas.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&formtype=address&latlongtype=degrees&latdeg=52&latmin=50&latsec=48&longdeg=19&longmin=06&longsec=18

Joyce
Ciot

Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:46 pm      Post subject: Re: Ciotuszynski; Busa

Thank you 1/2 Pint for your questions. My Great Grandfather Stanislaus settled in Buffalo, New York from 1888-1897 then settled in Pittsburgh, Pa until his unknown death date approximately 1907-1910. His birth in Poland has been estimated as 1852 and not knowing where he was born. A Chester Ciotuszynski (Tuszynski) from Renesslear, Indiana who is now 90yrs old and short of good memory says we are probably related and he was told three brothers left Russian Occupation (maybe Bialystok according to Chester Tuszynski) with one going to Belgium (Vitoid Ciotuszynski) and one to German Occupation (Stefin Ciotuszynski)(Chester's grandfather) in Inorowclaw but he does not know who the third brother was. We wonder if my G. Grandfather Stanislau was that brother and maybe him coming to America. He came from Woluszewo according to ship records. My Grandfather John was born in Buffalo, New York 14 Mar 1892 (per death record). My father George or Gregory John was born in Detroit, Michigan 12 June 1916 or 11 June 1916 (both dates have been used and both first names). My grandfather John Ciotuszynski died in Detroit, Michigan 27 Nov 1919.

The only records I can find in America for my Great Grandfather is census records of 1900 with the last name spelled Chatushinsky in Allegany County of Pittsburgh City, Pa. and the children on 1920 Census with Step father Walenty Ryszkowski in Allegany County, Pittsburgh, Ward 17.

The name Ciotuszynski is so uncommon you would think this would be easy.

Thank you, Rita Ciot (Ciotuszynski)

1/2pint wrote:
Ciot wrote:
My Great Grandfather was Stanislaus Ciotuszynski. They brought 4 children to America with them....1 son and 3 daughters. Stanley, Michaline, Maryanna, and Victoria.

Thank you, Rita

Hi Rita,

I have some questions.....

Where did your great grandfather settle in the USA? His birht year?
Who is your grandfather (Stanley?)? When born? Where? Where & when did he die?
When & where was your father born?
What US records have you obtained and tried to obtain for your great grandfather & his family?
Zenon

Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 pm      Post subject:

Ciot wrote:
I hope you got the attachment that I sent and can confirm the village name.

I didn't get any message from you..

You can always upload the picture attachments here, in Forum. While posting or replying to this article just scroll down to 'Add Attachment' section below, click on 'Browse', find the file on your local hard drive and click 'Add Attachment. After submitting your post with pictures we all will be able to see the scan then and maybe help you in deciphering the documents.

Last edited by Zenon on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Send e-mail
1/2pint

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 am      Post subject: Re: Ciotuszynski; Busa

Ciot wrote:
Thank you 1/2 Pint for your questions. My Great Grandfather Stanislaus settled in Buffalo, New York from 1888-1897 then settled in Pittsburgh, Pa until his unknown death date approximately 1907-1910. His birth in Poland has been estimated as 1852 and not knowing where he was born. A Chester Ciotuszynski (Tuszynski) from Renesslear, Indiana who is now 90yrs old and short of good memory says we are probably related and he was told three brothers left Russian Occupation (maybe Bialystok according to Chester Tuszynski) with one going to Belgium (Vitoid Ciotuszynski) and one to German Occupation (Stefin Ciotuszynski)(Chester's grandfather) in Inorowclaw but he does not know who the third brother was. We wonder if my G. Grandfather Stanislau was that brother and maybe him coming to America. He came from Woluszewo according to ship records. My Grandfather John was born in Buffalo, New York 14 Mar 1892 (per death record). My father George or Gregory John was born in Detroit, Michigan 12 June 1916 or 11 June 1916 (both dates have been used and both first names). My grandfather John Ciotuszynski died in Detroit, Michigan 27 Nov 1919.

The only records I can find in America for my Great Grandfather is census records of 1900 with the last name spelled Chatushinsky in Allegany County of Pittsburgh City, Pa. and the children on 1920 Census with Step father Walenty Ryszkowski in Allegany County, Pittsburgh, Ward 17.

The name Ciotuszynski is so uncommon you would think this would be easy.

Thank you, Rita Ciot (Ciotuszynski)

Hi Rita,

You may have already done these, but just in case you haven't, here are some suggestions.
Birth & baptismal records for your grandfather & any other children born in NY or PA.
An obituary for your great grandfather.
Your grandfather's obituary may also have family information.
Great, grandfather was a fireman (per census)....... Check for an employment record? Died in the line of duty?.......Newspaper article?
Your grandfather's marriage record could have information pertaining to his parents. Check for both civil (marriage application has the most genealogical information) & church record.
Write to Wołuszewo for a copy of marriage record (abt. 1879?).

Hope this helps some.
Ciot

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:58 am      Post subject: Ciotuszynski; Buza Ship records

Zenon wrote:
Ciot wrote:
I hope you got the attachment that I sent and can confirm the village name.

I didn't get any message from you..

You can always upload the picture attachments here, in Forum. While posting or replying to this article just scroll down to 'Add Attachment' section below, click on 'Browse', find the file on your local hard drive and click 'Add Attachment. After submitting your post with pictures we all will be able to see the scan then and maybe help you in deciphering the documents.

Ciotuszynski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.24 KB
 Viewed:  11712 Time(s)

Ciotuszynski.jpg

Zenon

Post Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:29 am      Post subject:

I am afraid the scan is to small to read anything from it... Do you possibly have larger file ..?

You can upload in this Forum picture files up to 1 MB (for example here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=191 you can see very good pictures uploaded by BobK)
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Page 1 of 3

Jump to: