PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:26 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Would you please translate the attached death records. It appears the Marie Elisabeth Kieper (record 30) and Matthias Andreas Kieper (record 31) , were brother and sister and died on the same day. Their father was Gottfried Matthias Kieper. Thank you very much, Gene Tylisz

Maria Elisabeth Kieper, the daughter, and Mathias Andreas Kieper, the son of the laborer Gottfried Mathias Kieper, of Protestant confession, she 3 years, 5 months and 14 days old, he 1 year, 1 month and 28 days old, died on June 18, 1822, she at 2 o’clock a.m. on pneumonia [Brustfieber], he at 6 o’clock p.m. on emaciation [Auszehrung]. The father informed the priest. The children were buried on June 23 in the new church yard.
davidckane

Replies: 44

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:07 pm      Post subject: German Civil Registry Translations

Hi -- I would love help translating this civil registry marriage record for my great-great grandparents in Poland. Help with the entire document would be incredible, although the handwriting is the most difficult portion for me to make any headway on. Thanks!

7_192_0_2_2_80 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.96 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

7_192_0_2_2_80 (1).jpg

ertylisz
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 191

Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:25 pm      Post subject:

Would you please translate the attached Family record of Johann Jacob Kommer. Thank you, Gene Tylisz

KOMMER, JOHANN JACOB, FAMILY TABLE.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB

KOMMER, JOHANN JACOB, FAMILY TABLE.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:10 am      Post subject: Re: German Civil Registry Translations

davidckane wrote:
Hi -- I would love help translating this civil registry marriage record for my great-great grandparents in Poland. Help with the entire document would be incredible, although the handwriting is the most difficult portion for me to make any headway on. Thanks!

Hi David,

Please find attached the translation of the marriage record.

Best
Michael

B. No. 6
Inowrazlaw, on January 26, 1883.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. The stable lad [Fornal] Joseph Niebojewski, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on March 17, 1861 in Parchanie, residing in Soykowo, son of the deceased constable [Wachtmeister] Joseph Niebojewski and his still living wife Victoria, born Olszewska, residing in [It looks as if he first wrote “Dziennice”, then crossed it out and wrote:] Soykowo

2. The unmarried maid Marianna Nowak, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on January 21, 1863 in Plonkowo, residing in Soykowo, daughter of the unmarried Agnes Nowak, now widowed Wolinska, residing in Dziennice

[The marriage record has a second page:]

and as witnesses:

3. The “Thormeister” [literally: gatekeeper] Peter Klasowski, of known identity, 40 years old, residing in Inowrazlaw [unsure about the two word in brackets]

4. The coachman [Kutscher] Mathias Raeske, of known identity, 39 years old, residing in Soykowo.

The registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, approved, and signed
Josef Niebojewski, Pieter Klasowski
From the others marked with her sign because they cannot write:
+++ Sign of Marianna Niebojewski, born Nowak.
+++ Sign of Mathias Reske.
The registrar.
[Signature]
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:12 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Would you please translate the attached Family record of Johann Jacob Kommer. Thank you, Gene Tylisz

Hi Gene

This is Family record no. 93 from Wittlensweiler.

The couple:

Johann Jacob Kommer, born on August 7, 1752, a farmer and day laborer [it’s “B u. Taglöhner”, I would read as “Bauer und Taglöhner”], married on November 23, 1773, Anna Maria [her maiden name is not provided], born on January 18, 1754.

The parents:

Jacob’s parents were Anton Kommer, a day laborer, and his wife Christina, born Kaufferin. (The suffix –in indicating a female person.) The acronym for “weyland” in front of their names indicates that they are deceased.

Anna’s parents were the deceased Michael Hornberger, a day laborer, and his wife Barbara. Her maiden name is not provided and it seems she was still alive at the time this record was written.

The children:

Eight children were born [Christina Barbara on November 24, 1779; Magdalena on January 4, 1786; Sophia Dorothea on February 12, 1777; Johann Martin on March 30, 1789; Friedrich on June, 17, 1783; Christoph Friedrich on October 1, 1792; Eva Maria on August 10, 1794, Johann Michael on October 1, 1774].

Four of them died early: Sophia Dorothea, Friedrich, Christoph Friedrich, Johann Michael. The dates of death were not provided, but it must have been before they were confirmed.

Of the surviving children three were confirmed: Christina Barbara in 1793, Magdalena in 1800 and Johann Martin in 1803. The youngest surviving child, Eva Maria, wasn’t confirmed yet.

There are two comments, one referring to Christina Barbara: “verh. an Jac. Kaugg” or married with Jacob Kaugg; the other one to Johann Martin I’m unsure about.

Best regards,
Michael
sonofvolynia

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:08 am      Post subject: German Translation

Birth record for Ernestine Schmidt

Ernestine Birth Zhitomir.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.01 MB

Send e-mail
sonofvolynia

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:14 am      Post subject: Volyn Record Translation

I need this record translated from German for "Ernestine"

Description:
 Filesize:  1.01 MB

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:50 am      Post subject: Re: German Translation

sonofvolynia wrote:
Birth record for Ernestine Schmidt

Hello,

Ernestine was born on August 22 at 10 o’clock a.m. and baptized on August 28. Her parents are August Schmidt and his wife Caroline, born Schmeck, of Protestant confession [“Acath” literally “not Catholic”].

Best regards,
Michael
Richard Kuzniak

Replies: 100

Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:37 am      Post subject: Rosalia Popowska Death Record

Would appreciate a translation, particularly of the circled section, for the attached death record of my 3 times great grandmother. I’m hoping that it shows her father's name-Andreas Popwski? Thank you.

541AE45D-9E4B-4305-A039-B14B4C6A9137.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  780.39 KB

541AE45D-9E4B-4305-A039-B14B4C6A9137.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:46 pm      Post subject: Re: Rosalia Popowska Death Record

Richard Kuzniak wrote:
Would appreciate a translation, particularly of the circled section, for the attached death record of my 3 times great grandmother. I’m hoping that it shows her father's name-Andreas Popwski? Thank you.

Hello Richard

Please find attached the translation.

Best regards,
Michael

C. No. 31.
Mietschisko, on August 17, 1881.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the farmer [Wirth] Jan Prickniewski, residing here in Mietschisko, and gave notice that

the life tenant [Leibgedingerin] Rosalia Pruckniewska, wife of the life tenant [Leibgedinger] Ignatz Pruckniewski, 61 years old, of Catholic religion, residing here in Mietschisko,

[This is the circled section:] born in Wysokie Podlesie, county of Wongrowitz, daughter of farmer [Wirth] Andreas Popowski, who died in Budziejewo Huben, and his wife Marianna, born Krystkowiak, who died in Budziejewo Huben,

died here in Mietschisko in her flat on August 17, 1881 at half past 0 o’clock a.m. Prickniewski declares that he is informed of the death from own science.

Read aloud, approved and signed
Jan Prickniewski.
The registrar.
[Signature].
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Mietschisko, on August 17, 1881.
The registrar.
[Signature].
Richard Kuzniak

Post Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:09 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so much Michael! I greatly appreciate your help. This allows me to go back one step further on my mother’s side. Smile
Richard Kuzniak

Post Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:11 pm      Post subject: My Father's Concentration Camp Records

I would be very very grateful for translations of the two attached records. My understanding is that he was taken as a political prisoner. It seems from the records that he may have been in two camps? Thank you for help!

B1695AE4-D140-41A0-87FC-2382DEC46FC0.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  375.2 KB

B1695AE4-D140-41A0-87FC-2382DEC46FC0.jpeg

4B096C42-6243-41E0-9AA6-CC49A16D3C85.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  465.03 KB

4B096C42-6243-41E0-9AA6-CC49A16D3C85.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:56 am      Post subject: Re: My Father's Concentration Camp Records

Richard Kuzniak wrote:
I would be very very grateful for translations of the two attached records. My understanding is that he was taken as a political prisoner. It seems from the records that he may have been in two camps? Thank you for help!

Hello Richard,

There are two Prisoner Registration Cards, the first one covering the period from July 7, 1943 – December 4, 1944 in Auschwitz, the second one starting on December 5, 1944 in Mauth [Mauthausen].

The upper part of the left column is more or less identical on both cards: Wiktor Kuzniak, born on August 6, 1914 in Kirschen or Kirschbuden, unmarried, of Roman Catholic religion, of Polish nationality. Name and address of a relative: Michael Kuzniak, the father, Kirschbuden No. 31, county or Kreis Obornik, Wartheland.

According to the lower part of the left column of the first card Wiktor was sent to Auschwitz on Juli 24, 1943 by “Stapo Posen” [Staatspolizeileitstelle Posen], the reason was sabotage. He was transferred to Mauth [Mauthausen] on December 4, 1944 (see the middle column of the first card). The lower part of the left column of the second card combines these information.

The right column of both cards provides the personal description:
Height 170 cm,
Build slim,
Face oval,
Eyes grey [blue on the second card]
Nose even [“wellig” or uneven on the second card]
Mouth and ears normal
Teeth [unsure about the first card, “lückenhaft” or incomplete on the second card]
Hair dark blond [dark on the second card]
Special marks none [head scars, left forearm tattooed on the second card]

The “recorded by Hollerith” [“Hollerith erfaßt”] stamp can be found on Prisoner Registration Cards for men and women who were imprisoned from July/August 1944 onwards. At this time, all prisoners who were “able to work” were supposed to have their details recorded using Hollerith tabulating machines so that their labor assignments could be arranged centrally in Berlin.

The prisoners had to wear a colored triangle on their clothing that revealed their prisoner category and nationality at a glance. Political prisoners received a red triangle. The letter inside the triangle indicated the prisoner’s nationality, such as P for Polish. This triangle is provided on the Prisoner Registration Cards too. On the second card the triangle was left blank, on the first card it was filled out, but I cannot judge the color on the copy provided. Taken the circumstances (“sabotage”) it seems plausible, that Wiktor was a political prisoner.

Best regards,
Michael
Richard Kuzniak

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:50 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much, Michael. I greatly appreciate your help. My father met my mother in Salzburg; she was taken from Poland into forced labour. They married after the war, had me, and emigrated to Canada. My father was so ill from his camp experience that he died when I was just 7. I am hoping to trace my mother’s history there but no luck so far.
Richard Kuzniak

Post Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:33 pm      Post subject: Help With German Headers Please

A kind forum member pointed me to records to look at but I don't know what the column headings state. Help appreciated.
A sample of the records shown attached.

bcc707896168d92e87b59c3c5c6c6ebee49fa8d1f8fffecf105e165ae1d319c8_max.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  778.41 KB

bcc707896168d92e87b59c3c5c6c6ebee49fa8d1f8fffecf105e165ae1d319c8_max.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 50 of 95

Jump to: