PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:46 pm      Post subject: Surname Koladzijski, Kolodziejski

I would like to find living relatives in the area of Lodz. My father(Anthony) along with his mother (Waldra) and three brothers Richard, Max and Ludwig all deceased. They emigrated via Baltimore to Philadelphia in 1910. I assume that my grandfather had already emigrated to Philadelphia but have no record of transit. My father was about 2 years old at the time. Grandfather’s name is also Anthony. It is believed that grandfather left the family sometime around 1920 and was presumed to have returned to Lodz Poland around that time. So it would be useful to find records of his passing and confirmation of other relatives
that might have insight
Thank you

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:20 pm      Post subject:

Hi Chis,

Not sure if you have this information or not. Here is the link to the Geneteka Index Database for your family in Poland. Once you click on the link, you can navigate among the three tabs: Births, Marriages, Death. You will see their marriage record in 1895 and a series of children born from 1899-1909. The last is Antoni, born 1909. Two children died before leaving Poland. Looks like one set of twins as well!

Here is the link so you can see them. Also, at the end of the line, the box with SKAN means it will take you to the actual written parish record that you can then download and have translated. Note that the number after the year is the AKT # which tells you which entry it is on the page. It also tells you which range of numbers to select once you leave Geneteka page and go to the other database called Metryki that stores the parish records online.

Here is the link. I am also attaching a screen shot of the children born in Poland.
https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=05ld&rid=B&search_lastname=Kolodziejski&search_name=Antoni&search_lastname2=Doli%C5%84ska&search_name2=Wladyslawa&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=

Best,
Cynthia

Geneteka screen shot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  386.51 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Geneteka screen shot.jpg

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:33 pm      Post subject:

Hello again,

You may already have this as well, but in case I am attaching it. It is the passenger list for Wladyslawa and her children. It is two pages. In the second page, it says she is going to her husband, Antoni, in Philadelphia. I will see if I can find his passenger list.

Cynthia

Wladyslawa passenger list 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  536.76 KB

Wladyslawa passenger list 2.jpg

Waldyslawa passenger list 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  503.44 KB

Waldyslawa passenger list 1.jpg

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:44 pm      Post subject:

Here is Antoni's passenger list, also 2 pages. He arrived in 1909 and was going to a cousin in Philadelphia. Note his lists the same name for person in country of origin as Wladyslawa did - his father, Stanislaw.
s

Antoni passenger list 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  568.6 KB

Antoni passenger list 2.jpg

Antoni passenger list 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  556.29 KB

Antoni passenger list 1.jpg

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:56 pm      Post subject:

Me again,

So, I think I found a 1933 death record for Antoni Sr. in Lodz. Attached is the screen shot from Geneteka, and below is the link. Again, you can download the record and have it translated for more information.

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=D&w=05ld&rid=D&search_lastname=Kolodziejski&search_name=Stanislaw&search_lastname2=Tomaszewska&search_name2=Katarzyna&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=

Cynthia

Antoni Sr. death in Lodz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  356.69 KB

Antoni Sr. death in Lodz.jpg

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: