PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:42 am      Post subject: Roadblock in Mąkolno Parish, Wielkopolskie

G’day
I’m having trouble locating birth records for my Great Great Grandmother Małgorzata Jakubowska born in Mąkolno about 1820. In her marriage and death records her birth is listed as being in Mąkolno but is not listed in Geneteka which has all the records for the period listed. I have found two of her younger siblings in the Parish records for Mąkolno before the family moved to Wrząca Wielka Parish. Her parents were Mateusz Jakubowski and Maryanna Jankowska but unfortunately their death records give no clues where they were born. If I could find their Marriage record that may shed some light as well, by their ages they would have married shortly before Małgorzata was born.
In the two birth records I found for Małgorzata’s siblings in Mąkolno the mother’s maiden name is recorded as Janicka.
I presume that the birth of Małgorzata and the marriage of Mateusz and Maryanna may have occurred in a neighbouring parish but I have no clue what parishes would be around Mąkolno.
I was wondering if anyone could please give me some clues as to the neighbouring parishes so I can continue the search.
Thanks
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:33 pm      Post subject: Re: Roadblock in Mąkolno Parish, Wielkopolskie

TedMack wrote:
G’day
I’m having trouble locating birth records for my Great Great Grandmother Małgorzata Jakubowska born in Mąkolno about 1820. In her marriage and death records her birth is listed as being in Mąkolno but is not listed in Geneteka which has all the records for the period listed. I have found two of her younger siblings in the Parish records for Mąkolno before the family moved to Wrząca Wielka Parish. Her parents were Mateusz Jakubowski and Maryanna Jankowska but unfortunately their death records give no clues where they were born. If I could find their Marriage record that may shed some light as well, by their ages they would have married shortly before Małgorzata was born.
In the two birth records I found for Małgorzata’s siblings in Mąkolno the mother’s maiden name is recorded as Janicka.
I presume that the birth of Małgorzata and the marriage of Mateusz and Maryanna may have occurred in a neighbouring parish but I have no clue what parishes would be around Mąkolno.
I was wondering if anyone could please give me some clues as to the neighbouring parishes so I can continue the search.
Thanks

Can You please provide the marriage record for Małgorzata Jakubowska?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
TedMack

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:37 pm      Post subject: Re: Roadblock in Mąkolno Parish, Wielkopolskie

marcelproust wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G’day
Thanks

Can You please provide the marriage record for Małgorzata Jakubowska?

G'day Marcel

Attached is the marriage record with translation.

Marriage Certificate ? Mateusz Olejniczak & Małgorzata Jakubowska.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Marriage Certificate ? Mateusz Olejniczak & Małgorzata Jakubowska.pdf
 Filesize:  188.01 KB
 Downloaded:  151 Time(s)

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:34 am      Post subject: Re: Roadblock in Mąkolno Parish, Wielkopolskie

TedMack wrote:
G’day
Thanks

Hi Ted,

Just because the year range in which you are interested is listed on Geneteka and Małgorzata’s birth does not appear on the index it does not necessarily follow that her birth was not recorded in the parish of Mąkolno. Indexing on Geneteka is done by volunteers and is still a work in progress. I would suggest that before looking for her birth in another parish it may be worthwhile to search the old fashioned way by checking the parish records for 1819 & 1820. The records are housed in the Konin branch of the Polish National Archive in Poznań. Records from that archive (with the exception of those which are linked to a scan on Geneteka) have not yet been made available online. However, Family Search has digitized records from the parish of Mąkolno which had been filmed in the Konin branch of the archive. However, in order to view those records on Family Search it is necessary to do so at a Family History Center. I would suggest doing that before checking surrounding parishes.

The parish of Mąkolno belongs to the Diocese of Włocławek. If at some point you find it necessary to search in neighboring parishes a handy way to find them is to use the website of the diocese and search by deanery (dekenat). Mąkolno is in Dekenat Samopolenski and some other nearby parishes can also be found in Dekenat Izbicki. Also, the parish of Wrząca Wielka is less than 18 km from Mąkolno. It is in Dekenat Kolski. Here is a link to the relevant page on the diocesan website: http://diecezja.samba.com.pl/pl,dekanaty.html#tresc_strony

The contemporary parish church in Mąkolno was built in 1749. Of course it was renovated since then but the style remained constant. (Cf. attached image). Also attached are screenshots of the holdings of the National Archive and of the proper Family Search film.

Hoping that the info helps you to remove the roadblock,

Dave

Screenshot 2021-09-26 022825.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.78 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot 2021-09-26 022825.png

Screenshot 2021-09-26 023248.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.24 KB

Screenshot 2021-09-26 023248.png

Screenshot 2021-09-26 025752.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  402.73 KB

Screenshot 2021-09-26 025752.png

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:59 pm      Post subject: Re: Roadblock in Mąkolno Parish, Wielkopolskie

[quote="dnowicki"]
TedMack wrote:
The records are housed in the Konin branch of the Polish National Archive in Poznań. Records from that archive (with the exception of those which are linked to a scan on Geneteka) have not yet been made available online. However, Family Search has digitized records from the parish of Mąkolno which had been filmed in the Konin branch of the archive. However, in order to view those records on Family Search it is necessary to do so at a Family History Center. I would suggest doing that before checking surrounding parishes.

The parish of Mąkolno belongs to the Diocese of Włocławek. If at some point you find it necessary to search in neighboring parishes a handy way to find them is to use the website of the diocese and search by deanery (dekenat). Mąkolno is in Dekenat Samopolenski and some other nearby parishes can also be found in Dekenat Izbicki. Also, the parish of Wrząca Wielka is less than 18 km from Mąkolno. It is in Dekenat Kolski. Here is a link to the relevant page on the diocesan website: http://diecezja.samba.com.pl/pl,dekanaty.html#tresc_strony

The contemporary parish church in Mąkolno was built in 1749. Of course it was renovated since then but the style remained constant. (Cf. attached image). Also attached are screenshots of the holdings of the National Archive and of the proper Family Search film.

Dave

These files are available online here:

https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/zespol?p_p_id=Zespol&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_Zespol_javax.portlet.action=zmienWidok&_Zespol_nameofjsp=serie&_Zespol_id_zespolu=21982

I have checked the years 1819-1820 and there was no birth record for Małgorzata.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
TedMack

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:57 pm      Post subject: Re: Roadblock in Mąkolno Parish, Wielkopolskie

dnowicki wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G’day
Thanks

Hi Ted,

Just because the year range in which you are interested is listed on Geneteka and Małgorzata’s birth does not appear on the index it does not necessarily follow that her birth was not recorded in the parish of Mąkolno. Indexing on Geneteka is done by volunteers and is still a work in progress. I would suggest that before looking for her birth in another parish it may be worthwhile to search the old fashioned way by checking the parish records for 1819 & 1820. The records are housed in the Konin branch of the Polish National Archive in Poznań. Records from that archive (with the exception of those which are linked to a scan on Geneteka) have not yet been made available online. However, Family Search has digitized records from the parish of Mąkolno which had been filmed in the Konin branch of the archive. However, in order to view those records on Family Search it is necessary to do so at a Family History Center. I would suggest doing that before checking surrounding parishes.

Dave

Thanks for the information Dave, very helpful. Marcel has also checked the Archives and can find no record. Hopefully we will be out of lockdown soon and I can check FamilySearch to see if they have different records. I think this one may be a long search.

Thanks again.

Ted
TedMack

Post Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:58 pm      Post subject: Re: Roadblock in Mąkolno Parish, Wielkopolskie

[quote="marcelproust"]
dnowicki wrote:
TedMack wrote:
The records are housed in the Konin branch of the Polish National Archive in Poznań. Records from that archive (with the exception of those which are linked to a scan on Geneteka) have not yet been made available online. However, Family Search has digitized records from the parish of Mąkolno which had been filmed in the Konin branch of the archive. However, in order to view those records on Family Search it is necessary to do so at a Family History Center. I would suggest doing that before checking surrounding parishes.

Dave

These files are available online here:

https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/zespol?p_p_id=Zespol&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_Zespol_javax.portlet.action=zmienWidok&_Zespol_nameofjsp=serie&_Zespol_id_zespolu=21982

I have checked the years 1819-1820 and there was no birth record for Małgorzata.

Thanks for confirming Marcel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: