PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 90

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:52 pm      Post subject: Michael Lemanczyk d. Jan. 14, 1883

This is another one that I find difficult. I would especially like to know if he was a widower at the time of his death. Thank you so much for all you do.
Katherine

Michael Lemanczyk d 1883.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  894.23 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Michael Lemanczyk d 1883.JPG

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:12 am      Post subject: Re: Michael Lemanczyk d. Jan. 14, 1883

khill1881 wrote:
This is another one that I find difficult. I would especially like to know if he was a widower at the time of his death. Thank you so much for all you do.
Katherine

Hello Katherine

It looks as if Michael Lemanczyk was survived by his wife. Please find attached a transcription and the translation of his death record.

Best regards,
Michael

C. Nr. 10
Dzimianen, am 14. Januar 1883
Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschien heute, der Per-
sönlichkeit nach bekannt,
der Arbeiter Stephan Jutrzonka
wohnhaft zu Trzebuhn
und zeigte an, daß der Arbeiter Michael Lemanczyk
55 Jahre alt katholischer Religion,
wohnhaft zu Trzebuhn
geboren zu Dazke [unsure about this name]
die Namen der Eltern sind nicht bekannt
zu Trzebuhn in seiner Wohnung
am vierzehnten Januar
des Jahres tausend acht hundert achtzig und drei
Morgens um sieben Uhr
verstorben sei. Vorgenannt erklärt, von der Wittwe welche
ebenfalls krank, zu dieser Anzeige bevollmächtigt worden zu sein.
Vorgelesen, genehmigt und wegen Schreibensunkunde mit dem
Handzeichen des Anzeigenden versehen
xxx
Der Standesbeamte.
Erdmann.
Die Übereinstimmung mit dem Hauptregister beglaubigt.
Dzimianen am 14ten Januar 1883.
Der Standesbeamte.
Tormann.

C. No. 10.
Dzimianen, on January 14, 1883.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the worker [Arbeiter] Stephan Jutrzonka, residing in Trzebuhn, and gave notice that

the worker [Arbeiter] Michael Lemanczyk, 55 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Trzebuhn, born in Dazke [unsure about this name], [in other records you will find here the information about the martial status of the deceased], the names of the parents are unknown, died in his flat in Trzebuhn on January 14, 1883 at 7 o’clock a.m.

The above mentioned declared, that the widow, being sick herself too, authorized him to this notice.
Read aloud, approved and because the notice giver cannot write, marked with his sign
xxx
The registrar.
Erdmann.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Dzimianen, on January 14, 1883.
The registrar.
Tormann.
khill1881

Replies: 90

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:27 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much for your help with these old records.
Katherine
Send e-mail
wuness

Replies: 84

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:06 pm      Post subject:

This is part of a wedding certificate for Nicolaus Borowiak in the Gostyn civil registry. What is the location of his birthplace? Thank you. Wuness

Nicholaus and Anna Borowiak WC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  403.78 KB

Nicholaus and Anna Borowiak WC.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:09 am      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
This is part of a wedding certificate for Nicolaus Borowiak in the Gostyn civil registry. What is the location of his birthplace? Thank you. Wuness

Hello Wuness,

It looks like Kociugi, a village with a population of 67 in 1871, located in the county of Fraustadt and since 1887 in the county of Lissa in Posen/Poznan.

Best
Michael
wuness

Post Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:46 am      Post subject:

Michael: Thank you for the information. I wasn't able to find that name on any map.

While the document is handy, could you also identify the word before his name?
wuness
wuness

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:05 am      Post subject:

I have two more marriage certificates that have troublesome birthplaces. On the Jakob Bartylak document, could you identify the birth place of the husband? On the Joseph and Josepha Joswiak document, could you identify the birthplaces of both husband and wife? Thank you.
wuness

Joseph and Josepha Joswiak MC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  516.06 KB

Joseph and Josepha Joswiak MC.jpg

Jakob Bartylak MC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  329.02 KB

Jakob Bartylak MC.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:53 am      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
I have two more marriage certificates that have troublesome birthplaces. On the Jakob Bartylak document, could you identify the birth place of the husband? On the Joseph and Josepha Joswiak document, could you identify the birthplaces of both husband and wife? Thank you.
wuness

Hello Wuness

Nicolaus Borowiak was a laborer. The word in front of his name is “Arbeiter”.

Jakob Bartylak was born in Pienczkowo [Polish Pieczkowo], county Schroda, and residing in Ulejno, county Schroda. You will find Pienczkowo also as Pienschkowo or Pientschowo.

Joseph and Josepha Joswiak: Joseph was born in Wengierski [Polish Wegierskie]. He was a laborer or “Arbeiter” too. Josepha was born Chwalkowo. Both places were in the county Schroda.

Best
Michael
wuness

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:29 am      Post subject:

Thanks again Michael. My translations were reasonably close, but I lacked confidence and/or couldn't find them on a map. wuness
wuness

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:37 am      Post subject:

I have one more for you. I understood that my great grandmother Rozalia was born in Sroda. I can't translate the birthplace listed for her on the marriage certificate, but it can't be Sroda. What is it? Is the residence listed as Winna currently known as Winnagora? wuness

Jan and Rosalie Wujek MC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  610.79 KB

Jan and Rosalie Wujek MC.jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:38 pm      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
I have one more for you. I understood that my great grandmother Rozalia was born in Sroda. I can't translate the birthplace listed for her on the marriage certificate, but it can't be Sroda. What is it? Is the residence listed as Winna currently known as Winnagora? wuness

Hi,
I read it as Gross Jeziory. In Polish, that is Jeziory Wielkie.
It might be helpful for you to use a resource like Meyer's Gazetteer. For example,
https://www.meyersgaz.org/place/10642057
Here you see Gross Jeziory is part of Kreis Schroda.
Be sure to click on the tab for "map" to see a nice historic map of Gross Jeziory. Clicking on "ecclesiastical" will get you a list of churches and their distance from that town.
If you know the way that Środa is pronounced in Polish, then you'll see you've found your town.
Winna and Winna Gora are two different places (Winna being much closer to Jeziory Wielkie).
Good luck in your research,
Sophia

Last edited by Sophia on Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
wuness

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:51 pm      Post subject:

Sophia: Thank you for the information on my ancestor's birthplace. I never would have found that on my own.

On the Gazetter, I looked up Rusiborz (the birthplace of another great grandparent). It listed a population of 244. I know the Gazetter covers 1871-1918, but what year is this population valid for? wuness
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:48 pm      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
Sophia: Thank you for the information on my ancestor's birthplace. I never would have found that on my own.

On the Gazetter, I looked up Rusiborz (the birthplace of another great grandparent). It listed a population of 244. I know the Gazetter covers 1871-1918, but what year is this population valid for? wuness

Hi,
I do not know the answer to your question, regarding the year in which that population was recorded. Michael may know. Also, I see that the population you cited is the one that is listed with the Rusiborz Rittergut (estate) and I hope Michael may comment on that, in contrast with the Dorf (village) of Rusiborek with its smaller population of 134 people. Rusiborek seems to be a diminutive form of Rusiborz and Meyer's Gazetteer is listing it as a colony. Surely their histories are intertwined.
Best regards,
Sophia
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:39 am      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
wuness wrote:

Hi,
I do not know the answer to your question, regarding the year in which that population was recorded. Michael may know. Also, I see that the population you cited is the one that is listed with the Rusiborz Rittergut (estate) and I hope Michael may comment on that, in contrast with the Dorf (village) of Rusiborek with its smaller population of 134 people. Rusiborek seems to be a diminutive form of Rusiborz and Meyer's Gazetteer is listing it as a colony. Surely their histories are intertwined.
Best regards,
Sophia

Hi Sophia & wuness,

Another excellent source for information on places is the Słownik geograficzny, which may help to add some focus to the population question. Here is a link to the entry for Rusibórz http://dir.icm.edu.pl/pl/Slownik_geograficzny/Tom_X/24 Volume X was published in 1889 so the population data was probably compiled c. 1880. Of course it is important to determine whether the location was the village or the estate. The village is described as having 11 houses with a population of 90; the estate had 10 houses with a population of 115, all Catholics. The owner of the estate was Plucinski. Rusiborek had 4 houses with a population of 43. All three places belonged to the parish of Giecz. Family Search has records from that parish but they need to be accessed at a Family History Center or affiliated library. Here is the link https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/6188?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Wishing you successful research,

Dave
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:37 pm      Post subject:

dnowicki wrote:
Sophia wrote:
wuness wrote:

Hi,
Best regards,
Sophia

Hi Sophia & wuness,

Another excellent source for information on places is the Słownik geograficzny, which may help to add some focus to the population question. Here is a link to the entry for Rusibórz http://dir.icm.edu.pl/pl/Slownik_geograficzny/Tom_X/24 Volume X was published in 1889 so the population data was probably compiled c. 1880. Of course it is important to determine whether the location was the village or the estate. The village is described as having 11 houses with a population of 90; the estate had 10 houses with a population of 115, all Catholics. The owner of the estate was Plucinski. Rusiborek had 4 houses with a population of 43. All three places belonged to the parish of Giecz. Family Search has records from that parish but they need to be accessed at a Family History Center or affiliated library. Here is the link https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/6188?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Wishing you successful research,

Dave

Hello Wuness

Some comments to your research so far:

When your great grandmother Rozalia said she was born in Sroda, she might have meant Środa Wielkopolska, the Polish name for Schroda, the seat of the county Schroda. As Sophia already pointed out, Groß Jeziory was part of the Kreis/county Schroda, so Rozalia just might have referred to the county.

The information in Meyers Gazetteer is based on the 5th edition of “Meyers Orts- und Verkehrs-Lexikon des Deutschen Reichs.“ that was published in 1912. The population data are those of 1910. There is a “but”: Looking directly at the census data, the Estate Rusiborz had a population of 67 in 1867, of 161 in 1871, of 92 in 1885 (that fits to Dave’s figures), and of 156 in 1905.

To make things a bit more complex: The Prussian census of 1871 shows the Estate or “Rittergut Rusiborz” with two “Wohnplätzen”*: the “Rittergut Rusiborz” itself and the “Gut Kopaschitz”. The census also shows the village Rusiborz with three “Wohnplätzen”: the Coliniedorf Rusiborz, the village Rusiborek and the Kopaschitz Huben (1 house and 5 persons). The good news is what Dave already pointed out: all the inhabitants were of Catholic religion and all these places belonged to the Catholic parish of Giecz. To learn where your relative was born, it might be best to have a look at the church books of Giecz.

* A “Wohnplatz” was a house or are group of houses separated from others houses or groups of houses but not big enough to form an administrative unit of itself, so it was incorporated into a “Landgemeinde” or a “Gutsbezirk”.

Hope this helps,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 53 of 95

Jump to: