PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next
Author

Replies: 326

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:26 am      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
This is a 1883 death certificate for a child born to Mathaeus and Josepha (nee Labiak) Stasik. BASIA did not have a name, and I can't make out one either. In that year they had a child, Marianna, who was born in 1878 (5 years old) in Zaniemysl. Is there any indication it was this child that died, or could it be another child? Thank you. wuness

It was not Marianna but another child: On October 28, 1883 Josepha gave birth to a daughter. The child died at birth (“in der Geburt verstorben”).

Best
Michael
khill1881

Replies: 88

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:00 am      Post subject: Antonina Lemanczyk

Michael,
Thank you so much for this translation. I have been looking in all the wrong parishes for the death of the mother of the bride. Maybe now I can find her.
Katherine
Send e-mail
khill1881

Post Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:25 pm      Post subject: Johanna Lemanczyk

I'm still trying to find out what happened to Antonina Lemanczyk. This is the marriage of her youngest daughter. I am especially interested in where she was living and where she got married and if her mother was still alive. I would never be able to figure this out without your generous help.
Katherine

Johanna Lemanczyk m. 1904.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  764.06 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Johanna Lemanczyk m. 1904.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:21 am      Post subject: Re: Johanna Lemanczyk

khill1881 wrote:
I'm still trying to find out what happened to Antonina Lemanczyk. This is the marriage of her youngest daughter. I am especially interested in where she was living and where she got married and if her mother was still alive. I would never be able to figure this out without your generous help.
Katherine

Hello Katherine,

You're welcome. Please find attached the translation. Antonia was still alive. She had moved from Klein Jabluszek [also written Klein Jabluschek, Polish Mały Jabłuszek], where she was living in 1893, less than 3 kilometers to the Northwest to Groß Jabluszek or just Jabluschek [Polish Duży Jabłuszek], a district of Schlusa [Polish Śluza], where she and her daughter were living in 1904. Bernsdorf [Polish Ugoszcz], where the daughter’s husband was living, is around 11 kilometers to the Northwest of Schlusa.

Best
Michael

B. No. 10.
Lippusch Papiermühle [Papiermühle (“paper mill”) was an estate 2,5 kilometers East of Lippusch], on May 24, 1904.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. The laborer [Arbeiter] Peter Zaborowski, of know identity, of Catholic religion, born on August 1, 1868 in Stüdnitz, Kreis / county Bütow, residing in Bernsdorf, Kreis / county Bütow, son of the unmarried laborer [Arbeiterin] Rosalie Zaborowski, residing in Pronsonka [Prondzonka] Kreis / county Schlochau;

2. The laborer [Arbeiterin] Johanna Lemanczyk, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on May 26, 1880 in Trzebuhn, Kreis / county Berent, residing in Groß Jabluschek, daughter of the deceased inhabitant [Einwohner] Michael Lemanczyk and his wife Antonia, born Libetzka, residing in Groß Jabluschek.

As witnesses:

3. The fishing tenant [Fischereipächter] Johann Chosziz, of known identity, 61 years old, residing in Groß Jabluschek.

4. The owner [Besitzer] Paul von Borszyskowski, of known identity, 35 years old, residing in Groß Jabluschek.

The registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, approved, and signed
[Signatures]
The registrar.
Neubauer.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Lippusch Papiermühle, on May 24, 1904.
The registrar.
Neubauer.
khill1881

Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:12 pm      Post subject: Bertha Lubetzki

Michael,
Record #42 is the death record for Bertha Lubetzki in 1904. Please translate at your convenience. You know your help is greatly appreciated.
Katherine

Bertha Lubecki d. 1904.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  747.97 KB

Bertha Lubecki d. 1904.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:13 am      Post subject: Re: Bertha Lubetzki

khill1881 wrote:
Michael,
Record #42 is the death record for Bertha Lubetzki in 1904. Please translate at your convenience. You know your help is greatly appreciated.
Katherine

Katherine,
Please find attached the translation. Parchau [Polish Parchowo] was a village with an estate and a Catholic parish in the county Carthaus [also written Karthaus] West of Danzig [Polish Gdansk].
Michael

C. No. 42.
Lippusch, on November 30, 1904.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the owner [Besitzer] Josef Lubetzki, residing in Lippusch-Papiermühle, and gave notice that

his mother, the wife of a retired farmer [Altsitzerin] Bertha Lubetzki, 66 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Lippusch-Papiermühle, born in Parchau Kreis / county Carthaus, daughter of the laborer [Arbeiter] Poblotzki, given name unknown, and his wife Katarina Poblotzki, born unknown, died in Lippusch-Papiermühle in her flat on November 29, 1904 at 8 o’clock p.m.

Read aloud, approved, and signed
Joseph Lubetzki
The registrar.
Neubauer.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Lippusch, on November 30, 1904.
The registrar.
Neubauer.
wuness

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:21 pm      Post subject:

Can you identify the cause of death for 22 year old Josef Stasik? Thanks again. wuness

Josef Stasik death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.37 MB

Josef Stasik death.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:43 am      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
Can you identify the cause of death for 22 year old Josef Stasik? Thanks again. wuness

Josef Stasik was clerical assistant [Bureaugehilfe] and gunner [Kanonier], 7. Batterie Posenschen Feld-Artillerie-Regiments No. 20. He died in hospital [Königliches Garnisons-Lazarett]. A cause of death is not provided. You might have a look at the corresponding entry in the church book, maybe the cause of death is mentioned here.

Best
Michael

Update: You will find the relevant entry in the “Militärkichenbuch Posen“ here:

https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/akmb/militaerkirchenbuecher/0669/?pg=46

#8 is Joseph Stasik. He died of “Wassersucht”, an old name for heart failure.
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 698

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:02 am      Post subject:

Hi Michael,

These records are showing the earliest mention of surnames in the Evangelische Kirche Wimpfen, Kreis Heppenheim, Hessen. I would like to have a translation of the information presented here for CARLE. There are two images. The first is an alphabetical listing, the second is a listing according to date.

Alphabetical: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSW5-DHN8-K?i=1094&cat=653048

Chronological: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSW5-DHF1-N?i=1109&cat=653048 entry # 891

The list was compiled in 1923. I am interested to know if there was any particular event in the year 1923 that would have required this list. Or were “familienverzeichnis” records commonly made? This page that precedes the alphabetical listing may give an explanation. It is too long for me to ask you to translate it, but would you be willing to read it?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSW5-DHNZ-R?i=1093&cat=653048

Thank you!
Sophia
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:21 am      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
Hi Michael,

These records are showing the earliest mention of surnames in the Evangelische Kirche Wimpfen, Kreis Heppenheim, Hessen. I would like to have a translation of the information presented here for CARLE. There are two images. The first is an alphabetical listing, the second is a listing according to date.

Alphabetical: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSW5-DHN8-K?i=1094&cat=653048

Chronological: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSW5-DHF1-N?i=1109&cat=653048 entry # 891

The list was compiled in 1923. I am interested to know if there was any particular event in the year 1923 that would have required this list. Or were “familienverzeichnis” records commonly made? This page that precedes the alphabetical listing may give an explanation. It is too long for me to ask you to translate it, but would you be willing to read it?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSW5-DHNZ-R?i=1093&cat=653048

Thank you!
Sophia

Hi Sophia,

This index is based on the weddings in Wimpfen between 1590 and 1671. Wimpfen – today Bad Wimpfen – is a spa town in the district of Heilbronn in the Baden-Württemberg region of southern Germany. It lies north of the city of Heilbronn, on the river Neckar. Till 1945 is was part of Hessia.

The page that precedes the alphabetical listing is by and large a description of what happened: the older church books had no index, the notes were hard to read, the entries were marked in different colors and so on. The work started in 1913. Not really an explanation.

The information presented for CARLE says that on November 22, 1659 Hans Niklaus Carle married Elisabeth, the widow of Georg Adam Frank. Georg Adam was “Cleemeister”, also written “Kleemeister”, a knacker. I am unsure about the profession of Hans Niklaus Carle. In the index, it looks like something-meister, in the marriage record it’s more like something-schneider. In the index it is also mentioned that Hans Niklaus Carle was from Landau.

You might have already found it, if not, here is the link to the marriage record. It’s the first one on the right side:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSW5-DHVF-H?i=795&cat=653048

Best
Michael
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 698

Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:23 am      Post subject:

Kmichael8 wrote:

Hi Sophia,

This index is based on the weddings in Wimpfen between 1590 and 1671. Wimpfen – today Bad Wimpfen – is a spa town in the district of Heilbronn in the Baden-Württemberg region of southern Germany. It lies north of the city of Heilbronn, on the river Neckar. Till 1945 is was part of Hessia.

The page that precedes the alphabetical listing is by and large a description of what happened: the older church books had no index, the notes were hard to read, the entries were marked in different colors and so on. The work started in 1913. Not really an explanation.

The information presented for CARLE says that on November 22, 1659 Hans Niklaus Carle married Elisabeth, the widow of Georg Adam Frank. Georg Adam was “Cleemeister”, also written “Kleemeister”, a knacker. I am unsure about the profession of Hans Niklaus Carle. In the index, it looks like something-meister, in the marriage record it’s more like something-schneider. In the index it is also mentioned that Hans Niklaus Carle was from Landau.

You might have already found it, if not, here is the link to the marriage record. It’s the first one on the right side:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSW5-DHVF-H?i=795&cat=653048

Best
Michael

Thank you, Michael, for this translation and explanation. It would seem that the record keepers in 1913 preferred to have a nice, orderly document of the early marriages in the church, just as every genealogist wishes they will find.
I had not seen the marriage document, so thank you also for finding that.
Sophia
khill1881

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:30 am      Post subject: Katherine Lubinski Dabrowski

Michael,
I have the record of her death from the parish register, but I am hoping that this civil record will give more information about her. It is record #2 in 1874. As always, thank you for your help.
Katherine

Katarzyna Lubinska Dabrowski d. 1874.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  755.92 KB

Katarzyna Lubinska Dabrowski d. 1874.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:54 am      Post subject: Re: Katherine Lubinski Dabrowski

khill1881 wrote:
Michael,
I have the record of her death from the parish register, but I am hoping that this civil record will give more information about her. It is record #2 in 1874. As always, thank you for your help.
Katherine

Katherine,

This is the information from the civil record:

On October 13, 1874 the smith Thomas Dombrowski, residing in Czernikau, an estate in the county Berent, went to the civil registry office in Schloß Kyschau [also written Schloss Kischau], a mill in the county Berent. He was unknown to the registrar, so the master smith Klatt accompanied him and confirmed his identity.

Thomas Dombrowski gave notice that his mother, the widowed Catharina Dombrowski, born Lubienska, died in Czernikau on October 13, 1874. She was 78 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Czernikau, born in Alt Pallescken [also written Alt Paleschken], a village in the county Berent and she had been married with the deceased “Eigenkäthner” Thomas Dombrowski, a cottager who owned his cottage. Her parents were the farmer Lubienski and his wife, residing in Raikau, a village in the county Dirschau, and both deceased.

Best,
Michael
rslukebuf6

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:45 pm      Post subject: GERMAN DOCUMENT

BLACK
Send e-mail
Richard Kuzniak

Replies: 95

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:34 pm      Post subject:

I recently requested and received information from the Arolsen archives on my parents' detention during the war. I knew my father was in 3 concentration camps and that my mother was in forced labour. The attached record for my mother references several concentration camps and check marks for various cards issued. I had no idea that she was associated with camps. Can someone please tell me what this document may be about?
Thank you.

32C09FFE-1925-4B94-B370-1C9054C0A543.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  236.05 KB

32C09FFE-1925-4B94-B370-1C9054C0A543.jpeg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next Page 56 of 57

Jump to: