PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 533, 534, 535 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:02 pm      Post subject: Re: Please assist with translation

dnowicki wrote:
Sophie12345 wrote:
Dear friends

A person from Genealodzy.pl found this record and said it provides information about my 3rd great-grandfather Janem Zelezinski. I can make out a few words but the script is just beyond me. Would you please translate the highlights for me? I would very much appreciate it. The link is: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1553d&sy=1840&kt=2&plik=013-014.jpg#zoom=1.75&x=2844&y=38

Thank you kindly and Happy Holidays!
Dominique Lowrance-Snyder
Maryland, USA

Hi Dominique,

I’ll not duplicate the work Marcel will do in translating this document which you posted https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1553d&sy=1840&kt=2&plik=013-014.jpg#zoom=1.75&x=2844&y=38 but I do have several questions and comments for you. I see no information found in the document which would provide a connection to your 3rd great-grandfather Jan Zelezinski. The document is the marriage record of Maciej Józef Zielierzinski and your 3rd great-grandfather is not mentioned in the document which records marriages from the Evangelical (Lutheran/Protestant) parish of Łask. Questions: 1. Was your 3rd great-grandfather Lutheran or Catholic? 2. Did he have a sibling named Maciej?

My comments are related to Polish grammar. Your 3rd great-grandfather’s given name would have been Jan (English: John). Polish is what is known in terms of grammar as a highly inflected language. This means that nouns, pronouns, and adjectives are composed of a stem to which endings are attached to show how the word is being used in a sentence. A group of nouns, for example, which take the same endings is known as a Declension. Polish has 4 Declensions: The First or Masculine; the Second or Neuter; the Third or Feminine; and the Fourth or Mixed Declension.

The whole idea of a Declension is totally “foreign” to anyone who speaks English and is not familiar with inflected languages such as Latin, Greek, Polish, Russian, etc. English has remnants of a Declension which is mainly found in pronouns. If we take the pronoun “he” perhaps it will be a bit more understandable how a declension works. The stem of the pronoun is “h” to which are added “case” endings. The Subject (Nominative) form of the pronoun is “he”; the Possessive (Genitive) form is “his” and the Object (Accusative) form is “him”. Polish is a bit more complex in that it has seven cases. When you see the form Janem in a marriage record it is the Instrumental Case of the name Jan. The reason it is in the Instrumental Case is that it follows the preposition między (between) which governs that case. In the record you posted the text reads “między Maciejem Józefem” which translates as “between Maciej Józef”.

Anyway, attached in PDF format is a list of the endings of the four Polish Declensions.

I hope that you may find this long winded explanation helpful rather than totally confusing.

Wishing you successful researching,

Dave

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:14 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached 2 death records.

Nr 19
village: Rychnów
Kruszak Jan

It happened in the village of Rychnów, on September 4th, 1849, at 8 a.m.
Appeared Marcin Maciejewski, 60 years old and Paweł Gulski, daylaborer, 40 years old, both living here, in Rychnów, and they declared that on the 2nd day of the current month and year, at 5 a.m., died: Jan Kruszak, widower, daylaborer, who was born in the village of Soból and lived here, in Rychnów, 50 years old, son of parents of unknown names, the Kruszak spouses.
After convinced myself about the death of Kruszak this act was read to the present and it was signed by Us, because the declarants were illiterate.

Priest Drozdowski.

Nr 12
village: Rychnów
Kruszak Anna

It happened in the village of Rychnów, on December 14th, 1846, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Jan Kruszak, farmhand, serving and living in Rychnów, 52 years old and Marcin Maćkowski, chałupnik*, living in Rychnów, 50 years old, the deceased's brother, and they declared that on the 12th day of the current month and year, at 12 o'clock at noon, died Anna Kruszak, wife of the farmhand, who was born and lived in Rychnów, 61 years old, daughter of the late spouses: Andrzej Maćkowski and Marianna Maćkowska, who left her widowed husband, Jan Kruszak and daughter, Agnieszka.
After convinced myself about the death of Kryszak this act was read to the declarants and it was signed by Us, because they were illiterate.

Priest Józef Szablewski, the parish-priest of the Rychnów parish.

*chałupnik: a landless (or almost landless) peasant who owns a house (cottage) or lives in it, not necessarily permanently, without land or owning only a small garden and a farmyard. Usually obligated to do serfdom.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Sophie12345

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:15 pm      Post subject: Re: Please assist with translation

Mr Proust

Thank you so very much for translating this record! I've also sent you a private message, I don't know if you've received it.

Kind regards,

Sophie12345

Post Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:18 pm      Post subject: Re: Please assist with translation

Greetings Dave

Thank you very much for taking interest in my research and also for the grammar information! My "first language" is German so I understand the information and printed the pdf to have it on hand. German has 3 declensions, a difficult concept to some English only speakers.

I concur with you; I'll need to ponder on Marcel's translation. This is what I know (l’ll try to be succinct):

Great grandfather:
Wladyslaw Zelezinski, catholic,
5 Feb 1895, (Rypultowice??) Pabianice, Lodz – 23 Sep 1983, Mannheim, Germany

10 siblings were all catholic based on birth or death records found at Genealodzy of St Matthew’s Parish Catholic Church, at least 3 were born in Rypultowice. The church records are in Russian, Zelezinski is spelled 11 different ways.

Great-great grandparents:
Jan Zelezinski, * about 1844, + before 1919. Religion?
Magdalena Koenig/König/Kenig, * about 1844 Mileszki, Lodz , + 6 Jun 1942 Jutrzkowice, Łódź. Religion?

Two fellow Zelezinski researchers provided the following links and comments:

Information on Wladyslaw’s parents. I’m struggling to translate this on my own, the problem is I do not see the name Koenig: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1614d&sy=1865&kt=2&plik=019-022.jpg#zoom=1.25&x=1893&y=1575

Marriage certificate of Wladyslaw’s grandparents (my 3rd great grandparents) and what Marcel translated: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1553d&sy=1840&kt=2&plik=013-014.jpg#zoom=1&x=2070&y=228

My translation is slow going as it is my first attempt. I’m open to suggestions, comments, anything.

Kind regards,

TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:44 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you translate the attached death record please.

Death Michal Grzelak - record 112 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.29 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Death Michal Grzelak - record 112 (2).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:47 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you translate the attached death record please.

I am working on it.

czaplicki

Replies: 49

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:12 pm      Post subject: Baptism record of my 2x great grandfather Józef Czaplicki

Please translate the following long baptism record:
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0248d&sy=1815&kt=3&plik=05.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0248d&sy=1815&kt=3&plik=06.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0
It's a little over 2 pages.
Thank you,
Conrad

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:47 am      Post subject: Re: Baptism record of my 2x great grandfather Józef Czaplick

czaplicki wrote:
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0248d&sy=1815&kt=3&plik=05.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0248d&sy=1815&kt=3&plik=06.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0
Thank you,
Conrad

I am working on it.

tim_timofey

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:05 pm      Post subject: Translation

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSX8-QQ41-B?i=186&cat=548021

Hello, all! Will someone be kind enough to translate record number 4 for the marriage of Klik and Orlow

Only need translated the date of the marriage, the bride and groom's parent, and their ages.

Thank you!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:47 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

tim_timofey wrote:

Hello, all! Will someone be kind enough to translate record number 4 for the marriage of Klik and Orlow

Only need translated the date of the marriage, the bride and groom's parent, and their ages.

Thank you!

I am working on it.

balgraf

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:18 pm      Post subject: Can anyone translate these two records?

I believe these two records are distant relatives of mine, but they need translated so I can confirm the relationship. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Polish to English translation.

Bob Balcerek

Andrzej Birth.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.97 KB

Andrzej Birth.JPG

Rozalia Death.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.94 KB

Rozalia Death.JPG

Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:48 am      Post subject: Re: Can anyone translate these two records?

balgraf wrote:
I believe these two records are distant relatives of mine, but they need translated so I can confirm the relationship. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Polish to English translation.

Bob Balcerek

Czołówek

It happened in the town of Radziejów, on January 17th, 1827, at 12 o'clock at noon.
Appeared Franciszek Balcerek, daylaborer, 32 years old and Wojciech Cholewski, miller, 40 years old, both living in Czołówko, and they declared that on the 16th day of the current month, at 8 p.m., died Andrzej Balcerek, 17 years old, son of the spouses: Franciszek Balcerek and Rozalia, daylaborers living in Czołówko.
After convinced myself about the death of the said person this act was read to the declarants and it was signed by Us only, because the declarants were illiterate.

The Radziejów parish-priest, Brodziński.

Piotrków

It happened in Piotrków, on August 14th, 1845, at 10 a.m.
Appeared Jan Gajewski, farmer, 56 years old and Andrzej Pacholski, the church servant, 74 years old, both living in Piotrków and they declared that on the 12th day of the current month and year, at 10 a.m., died of disability: Rozalia Balcerak, 34 years old, a poor widow living on alms, who lived in Piotrków.
After convinced myself about the death of Rozalia Balcerak this act was read to the present witnesses and it was signed by Us only, because they were illiterate.

Priest Jan Siekierski, the parish-priest of the Piotrków parish.

Last edited by marcelproust on Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
tim_timofey

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:02 am      Post subject: no translations??

Hello, I didn't receive translations for the last two requests I made. I'm not sure if I overlooked them? If someone could help me out with that, I would greatly appreciate that, as I am not too tech savy
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:55 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

tim_timofey wrote:

Thank you!

Krasnosielc

It happened in the town of Krasnosielc, on January 24th, 1864, at 12 o'clock at noon.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Wawrzyniec Milulak, czynszownik* from Bagienice, 50 years old and Józef Szczepański, morgownik** from Krasnosielc, 40 years oold, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Franciszek Klik, a single man, who was born in Bagienice, located in the parish of Krasnosielc, in the county of Przasnysz, daylaborer, living in Krasnosielc, 26 years old, son of the late farmer, Antoni Klik and living Rozalia nee Jastrzębska

and

Marianna Orzeł, a miss, who was born in the church village of Baranowo, located in the county of Przasnysz, in the governorate of Płock, daylaborer, living in Krasnosielc, 30 years old, daughter of the late farmer, Antoni Orzoł and Marianna nee Jędras.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced on: january 10th, 17th and 24th of the current year, in the parish of Krasnosielc.

The newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
The religious marriage ceremony was performed by the priest Walenty Pęszyński, the parish-priest of the local parish.
This act was read and signed by Us. The witnesses and other persons mentioned in this act were illiterate.

The parish-priest, Pęszyński, serving as Civil Registrar.

*czynszownik: a peasang who rents the land, tenant,
** morgownik: a peasant who owned a small amount of land, who had to work off serfdom depending on the amount of land owned

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:00 am      Post subject: Re: Baptism record of my 2x great grandfather Józef Czaplick

czaplicki wrote:
Thank you,
Conrad

The document that You provided is the marriage record.
Please specify what document I should translate so that I do not do unnecessary work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 533, 534, 535 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 534 of 580

Jump to: