PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 536, 537, 538 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4187

Post Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:10 pm      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
And here is the death record for Józef Tylisz. Thank you, Gene Tylisz

I am working on it.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
TedMack

Replies: 478

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:09 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached marriage record.

Marriage Szymon Poznański and Zofia Lawinska - record 5 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  403.9 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Marriage Szymon Poznański and Zofia Lawinska - record 5 (2).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:08 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

I am working on it.

RedNello

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:18 am      Post subject: Re: Imci pan/pana

Hi Sophia, I apologize for the late reply.

I'm seeing it in several older hand written documents of various types (birth, land and marriage) I attach one such case of the "Imci Pana", there are other cases where it is just "Imci Pan", it is definitely not imię, but my Polish isn't good enough to understand it.

Non of the other entries in these records use this description for people so I find it confusing.

Thank you greatly for any light you can throw in this for me.

Sophia wrote:
TedMack wrote:
RedNello wrote:
Hello, I am currently researching several older Polish sources and have come across the phrase "imci pan" when describing someone . I have not been able to find any definitive explanation to what this means. Does anyone have an idea?

G'day

That looks like it could be "imię Pan" which would be name of the male as a rough translation.

Hi RedNello,
Can you tell us whether you are seeing "imci pan" in something that is handwritten, or something that is printed? Can you attach an image of it so we can see it in context?
I agree with Ted that it may actually be a different word than "imci" but I don't think it is likely to be "imię Pan". Grammatical endings are so dependent on how a phrase is used in a sentence. If we could see what you are looking at, it would be easier to help.
Best regards,
Sophia

PSX_20220120_100417.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  313.19 KB

PSX_20220120_100417.jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1022

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:15 am      Post subject: Re: Imci pan/pana

RedNello wrote:

I'm seeing it in several older hand written documents of various types (birth, land and marriage) I attach one such case of the "Imci Pana", there are other cases where it is just "Imci Pan", it is definitely not imię, but my Polish isn't good enough to understand it.

Non of the other entries in these records use this description for people so I find it confusing.

Hi,
The scan that you attached is very good. I had hoped that I would be able to see something in the handwriting which you had not, but unfortunately I am not able to tell you what that word is. Perhaps Marcel can read it?
What I can tell you is that the phrase follows a preposition (it is describing the son "of Ignacy Szeliga") and that is why the endings change, from Pan to Pana, from Ignacy to Ignacego, from Szeliga to Szeligi. This should explain why you are sometimes seeing it as Pan and sometimes as Pana. In sentences where he is the subject, it would be in the nominative case, Pan.
Sorry I could not solve it for you.
Sophia
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2780

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:46 am      Post subject: Re: Imci pan/pana

Sophia wrote:
RedNello wrote:

Hi,
The scan that you attached is very good. I had hoped that I would be able to see something in the handwriting which you had not, but unfortunately I am not able to tell you what that word is. Perhaps Marcel can read it?
What I can tell you is that the phrase follows a preposition (it is describing the son "of Ignacy Szeliga") and that is why the endings change, from Pan to Pana, from Ignacy to Ignacego, from Szeliga to Szeligi. This should explain why you are sometimes seeing it as Pan and sometimes as Pana. In sentences where he is the subject, it would be in the nominative case, Pan.
Sorry I could not solve it for you.
Sophia

Hi RedNello & Sophia,

Imci pana is the Genitive Singular of Imćpan, which equals jegomość, meaning “gentleman”. So the entry as posted would be translated “the son of the gentleman Ignacy…”

I hope the explanation helps.

Dave
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:21 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
TedMack wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you translate the attached death record please.

I am working on it.

G'day Marcel

Have you had a chance to look at this one from Dec 30 - Michal Grzelak death record.

G'day Marcel

Have you had a chance to translate this one from Dec 30?

Zborów
Grzelak Michał

It happened in the village of Dębe, on December 6th, 1855, at 10.30.
Appeared Jakub Staszak, a farmhand, living in the village of Zborów, 33 years old and Wojciech Ignaszek, a tenant, living in the village of Koźlątków, 37 years old and they declared that on the 4th day of the current month and year, at 4 a.m., died in Zborów: Michał Grzelak, 3 months old, who lived at his mother's in Zborów, who was born in the village of Żerniki, son of Józef, whose whereabouts are unknown, being in Imperial Russian Army, and Agnieszka nee Kruszak, who lives in Zborów, a servant, the Grzelak spouses.
After convinced myself about the death of Michał Grzelak this act was read to the declarants and it was signed by Us, because the declarants were illiterate.

The Dęby parish-priest signature.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:18 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage of Jan Kalisiak & Franciszka Kędzierska

peplinskil wrote:
Marcel
Happy New Year! (a bit late)

There are a few things in the attached marriage document that I have not seen before. Can you please translate when you get a chance?

I have attached the Russian version as well, as the quality is better.

Thank you,
Lee

Koziebrody

It happened in Koziebrody, on February 8th/20th, 1876, at 4 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Józef Bekier, 39, a wheelwright and Adam Jesionowski, 50 years old, a stableman, both living in Koziebrody, the best friends of the newlyweds, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, betwen:

Jan Kalisiak, a single man, 20 years old, who was born in Julianowo and lives at his mother's in Nowa Wieś, son of the spouses: the late Tomasz Kalisiak and the living Jadwiga Kalisiak nee Kawczyńska, who lives on her own resources in Mała Wieś

and

Franciszka Kędzierska, a miss, 18 years old, who was born and lives at her mother's in Koziebrody, daughter of the spouses: the late Stanisław Kędzierski and the living Józefa Kędzierska nee Wiśniewska, a peasant who lives in Koziebrody.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish church in Koziebrody, on: January 11th/23rd, January 18th/30th and January 25th/February 6th of the current year.

The newlyweds' mothers, who were present at writing this marriage act, gave their oral permission for this marriage.\The newlyweds declared they did not enter into any prenuptial agreement.

The religious marriage ceremony was performed by the Koziebrody parish-priest, Piotr Kwiatkowski.

This act was read to the present and the witnesses and it was signed by Us only, because the others declared they were illiterate.

The parish-priest of the Koziebrody parish, serving as Civil Registrar, Kwiatkowski priest.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:50 am      Post subject:

jonah wrote:
Hi!

Attaching what I think is the 1851 birth certificate of my great-great grandfather, Friedrich Gerth, son of George/Jerzy Gerth and Helena Rahn. Could I get it translated, please?

Nr 150
Miszki

It happened in Rumunki Wola, on August 3rd/15th, 1851, at 12 o'clock at noon.
Appeared Jerzy Gerth, farmer from Miszki, 36 years old, in the presence of Paweł kukuk, farmer from Rybitwy, 39 years old and Daniel Rahn, farmer from Miszki, 40 years old, and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in the village of Miszki, on July 29th/August 10th of the current year, at 11 p.m., of his wife, Helena nee Rahn, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Fryderyk, and the godparents were: the aforementioned witnesses and Ewa Fenske nee Dobslaff from Kwirynów.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was not signed because all three declared they were illiterate.

Priest Henryk Tuchtermann.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:42 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Orkwiszewski Birth Record

Stewey75 wrote:
Hello,
I hope that I am uploading this correctly based on the sticky announcement and I believe this record is in Polish versus Russian.

I'm hoping for some help with I believe is the birth record of Franciszek Orkwiszewski in 1847. I believe the father is mentioned and being Maciej Orkwiszewski.

Thank you again for all your help, assistance and effort.
Tammy

Bielawy Złotawskie

It happened in the town of Radzanów, on May 12th/24th, 1847, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Maciej Orkwiszewski, farmer living in Bielawy Złotawskie, 23 years old, in the presence of Walenty Wiktorzak, a daylaborer from Zgliczyn Kościelny, 50 years old and Józef Gosik, farmer from Bielawy Złotawskie, 50 years old, and presented Us a male infant child, who was born on the day before yesterday in Bielawy Złotawskie, at 8 a.m., of his wife, Marianna nee Synakowska, 26 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Franciszek and the godparents were: the aforementioned Walenty Wiktorzak and Petronela Synakowska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was signed by Us only, because the persons mentioned in the act were illiterate.

Priest Józef Kosmowski, the parish-priest of the Radzanów parish.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:58 am      Post subject: tylisz Józef birth

Nr 12
Tręby

It happened in Budzisław Kościelny, on February 28th/March 11th, 1838, at 12 o'clock at noon.
Appeared Jan Tylisz, a daylaborer living in Tręby in the house numer 3, 26 years old, in the presence of Wawrzyniec Bednarski, farmer, 31 years old and Jan Białecki, a daylaborer, 34 years old, both not related with the child, living in Trębki, and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in Trębki, on February 24th/March 5th of the current year, at 7 p.m., of his wife, Katarzyna nee Tran, 32 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Józef and the godparents were: the aforementioned Wawrzyniec Bednarski and Teresa Szczecińska.
All the persons mentioned in this act were catholics.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was signed by Us only becsauce they were illiterate.

Priest Jakub Staniszyński, the administrator of the Budzisław parish.
ertylisz wrote:
Would you please translate the two attached records: Birth record of Józef Tylisz, born in 1838 and the death record for the same Józef Tylisz, died in 1849. Thank you very much, Gene Tylisz

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:21 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
And here is the death record for Józef Tylisz. Thank you, Gene Tylisz

Michałowo

It happened in the village of Młodojewo, on April 11th, 1849, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Kazimierz Sier...ki (can't read this surname), 40 years old and marcin Hotkowski, 41 years old, both czynszownik's* from Michałowo and they declared that on the 10th day of the current month and year, died in Michałowo, at 3 p.m.: Józef Tylisz, son of Jan, a daylaborer and Katarzyna, the Tylisz spouses, 9 years old.
The persons mentioned in this act were catholics.
After convinced myself about the death of Józef this act was read to the declarants and it was not signed by them because they were illiterate.

Priest Maciej Falkiewicz, the Młodojewo parish-priest.

*czynszownik: a peasant who leases land, exempt from doing serfdom for an annual fee

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:06 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Marriage act number 5

In the year of 1816, on the 18th day of February, in front of Us, the parish-priest of the Kościelec parish, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Kościelec, located in the county and the department of Kalisz, appeared:

Szymon Poznański, a single man, a farmhand, living in the village of Mycielin, 30 years old, belonging to the district of the Kalisz Court of Piece, located in the department of Kalisz, belonging to the book of Civil Records of the Kościelec commune

and

Zofia Ławińska, a miss, daughter of Andrzej Ławiński, okupnik* living in the village of Mycielin and the late mother, 21 years old, which she proved with the birth certificate extracted from the Kościelec parish book.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is: the first one on the 28th day of January and the second on the 4th day of February of the current year of the current year. There were no obstacles to this marriage and We have reviewed the above-mentioned Acts of Respect, which show that the formalities required by the law have been fulfilled, so We acceede therefore to the demand of parties, after reading all the above mentioned documents and the chapter 6 of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled "About the marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that:

Szymon Poznański and Zofia Ławińska are joined in the marriage union.

This act was written down in the presence of: Jan Chojnacki, a shepherd, 28 years old, Joachim Iliński, a malt maker, 36 years old, from the village of Kościelec, Michał Dyrakowski, okupnik*, 42 years old, Kacper Wiśniewski, the innkeeper, 40 years old, from the village of Mycielin, and it was read to the present and signed by Us only, the witnesses were illiterate.

Priest Mateusz Bieńskiewicz, the parish-priest of the Kościelec parish, serving as Civil Registrar.

*okupnik: polish old term for a farmer paying fees to avoid feudal duties

TedMack

Replies: 478

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:12 am      Post subject: Polish Record Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the 2 Birth/Baptism records please - one after the other.

The first is for Jan Lawinski and the second is for his brothers first child - interestingly his brother is also Jan.

Birth Jan Lawinski and Jozefa Lawinski - Record 20 and 21(2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  379.55 KB

Birth Jan Lawinski and Jozefa Lawinski - Record 20 and 21(2).jpg

jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:07 am      Post subject: Re: Please translate Two Marriages from Wizajny Parish, Suwa

jajan wrote:
Hi Marcel.

Thank-You for translating the Franciszka Jankowski Birth and Marriage records. The translations provided information on another generation of my family.

Could you please also translate the following two marriages? I believe that they are for two other children of Tomasz and Rosa Jankowski. Both are from Wizajny Parish, Suwalki Province:

#29 1819 Marriage of Paweł Jankowski and Katarzyna Wasilewska
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/jednostka/-/jednostka/14209291

#20 1828 Marriage of Józef Wilczewski and Róża Jankowska
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/jednostka/-/jednostka/14209314?_Jednostka_delta=20&_Jednostka_resetCur=false&_Jednostka_cur=3&_Jednostka_id_jednostki=14209314

As always, your assistance is valued!

jajan

Hi Marcel.

Just checking that this one from January 13th is still on your list to translate. You have been very busy and I am not sure that it didn’t get lost in all the activity.

Thank-You!

jajan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 536, 537, 538 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 537 of 580

Jump to: