PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:39 pm      Post subject: Kopytkowa Catholic Parish

Would anyone know the name of the catholic church in Kopytkowa?
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:55 pm      Post subject:

Tarryl,

Are you sure of the spelling? There are three Kopytkowo, one in pomorskie and two in podlaskie provinces.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Tarryl

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:46 pm      Post subject:

Kopytkowa, administrative district of Gmina Sztabin,inAugustowa County, Podlaskie Voivodeship
Just clarfying the right village,
Tarryl
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 pm      Post subject:

Tarryl,

According to mapa.szukacz.pl the spelling for this location is Kopytkowo, and it counts only 18 souls, which makes me believe there is no church there. An index of cities in 1934, states there was a RC church in Jaminy, about 8 miles NE and also in gmina Sztabin. I have exhaustedly check the Elk, Byalistok and Lomza diocesis websites and could not find what parish covers Kopytkowo.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Tarryl

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:30 pm      Post subject:

Thank you for your effort. I appreciate it.
Your right, the spelling is Kopytkowo
In your search, did you happen to get the name of the RC church 8 miles away?
My great grandfather, Karol Janik married Maria Bolaska His father Mathias, married Helena Culeriski. Also, they were close with the Jankowski family as my grandmother was a Jankowski and my great aunt married her brother Joannes Jankowski.
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:43 am      Post subject:

The Geographical Dictionary confirms Jaminy is the parish for Kopytkowo, but only from 1755.
http://genealodzy.pl/modules.php?op=modload&name=Katalog&file=index&req=details&pid=2679&search=jaminy
Try contacting the researcher on the above site.
ScottW

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:49 pm      Post subject:

Tarryl,

Found this info about the village of Kopytkowo, Poland on Google.com: 16-310 Kopytkowo

maps.gmail.com has good maps and satellite view of the village Kopytkowo, you can kind of see each set of buildings and the fields.
16-310 Kopytkowo

in‎ Sztabin, Augustów County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, Poland

There are two agrotourism, farm Bed & Breakfasts in the village.

www.eholiday.pl/noclegi-kopytkowo-19016-agroturystyka.html

Has two BB listings (have google translate to English) which are links to get additional details including email address for each B&B:
Agrotourism Gospodarstwo agroturystyczne‎
Agroturystyka Dworek Na Końcu Świata

Google:
Gospodarstwo agroturystyczne 16-310 Kopytkowo; 5, polska

Gospodarstwo agroturystyczne‎
16-310 Kopytkowo; 5 Polska
e-agro.pl‎
[email protected]

Google:
Agroturystyka Dworek Na Końcu Świata - Dolina Biebrzy

Agroturystyka Dworek Na Końcu Świata - Dolina Biebrzy
Kopytkowo 4,, 16-310 Gmina Sztabin, Poland

http://www.biebrza-agroturystyka.pl/
Have Google translate to English
Agrotourism
Farm tourism "MANOR HOUSE AT THE END OF THE WORLD" is in the middle of Biebrza National Park, in the village Kopytkowo, between the River Biebrza and Reserve "Red Marsh".
Because of this central location we offer the active holiday and rest most concerns: Biebrza Biebrza Valley, the Biebrza Marshes and the Augustow Forest.
www.biebrza-agroturystyka.pl has many photos and links to tours, canoeing trips, camping and site seeing.

Perhaps by emailing these two BB's they can tell you which is the local historical church for this village
and if there are any Janik families in the area or if any of the town elders know this family name.

ScottW
grabkk

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:26 am      Post subject: Kopytkowo

Tarryl wrote:
Thank you for your effort. I appreciate it.
Your right, the spelling is Kopytkowo
In your search, did you happen to get the name of the RC church 8 miles away?
My great grandfather, Karol Janik married Maria Bolaska His father Mathias, married Helena Culeriski. Also, they were close with the Jankowski family as my grandmother was a Jankowski and my great aunt married her brother Joannes Jankowski.

Hi,
I can help you in finding the ancestors of Kopytkowa. We are a group of friends in the parish Jaminy indexation. I have photos of Jamin metrics from the years 1760-1890.
Regards
Ryszard
link:
https://www.facebook.com/Jaminski.Zespol.Indeksacyjny
Tarryl

Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:15 am      Post subject: Russian Influence on Eastern Poland

Hello all. Its been awhile since i have posted. Over the past year my brother and I have taken the bits and pieces we overheard our parents talk about and tried to put together a picture of where and why.
In 1862, my grandfather left Poland, thru Austria. My father mentioned many times, that his father was a cossack and that his granfather was cossack.
My grandfather was also mentioned to be an officer. My grandfather immigrated to the USA in 1882. His father in 1899. Bits and pieces, grandfather was captured by the Turks and escaped to emmigrate, thru Austria.
Does anyone have any knowledge of the history of the cossacks in eastern Poland, Kopytkowa, where they came from and how much of a part did they play in Russianizing that part of Poland.
One of the unusual aspects of my granfather was how he spelled his name Dzianik, a slavic name found to be common in the carpathian mountains of presentl day Slavakia.
An area about 100 miles south of Agustow.
FamilySearch5661

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:16 am      Post subject: Licwinko/Litwinko/Polkowski of Kopytkowo, Podlaskie, Poland

It has been some time since I have studied my polish roots. Recently, after getting my dna results, I learned of my connection to Licwinko and Polkowski surnames, but I just cannot find out how to tie it all together. It is my recently learned understanding that Licwinko/Litwinko/Lithwinko was a surname from Lithuania that migrated to Kopytkowo, Podlaskie, Poland and then the Litwinko surname started to take on the Polkowski surname. I have found Licwinko surname in the Chicago Illinois area and the Pennsylvania area. My specific spelling is Licwinko, but Litwinko seems to be one in the same surname. If Ryszard is still offering information on Kopytkowo and the Jaminy parish, I would love to hear from him. It would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: