PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:52 am      Post subject: Re: German translation help for marriage record

Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,
Can you please help me translate this marriage record for Jan Ostrowski and Teresa Liczbinska?

This is what I know of the marriage. They were married on 17 January 1882 in Myslatkowo, gmina Orchowo.

Jan Ostrowski was born 23 May 1857 in Orchowo (note: he was a twin). His parents are Stanislaw Ostrowski and Apolonia Mrowczynska. (Note: the family lived most of the time in Gebice.) (

All I know about Teresa Liczbinska is that her parents are Wojciech Liczbinski and Nepomuzena Ostrowska.

Does the record state if Stanislaw Ostrowski and Apolonia Mrowczynska are alive or deceased? Does it say where they were living?

Thank you so much for your help and time. Have a wonderful day.
Trish

Hi Trish,

Please find some additions to what you already knew about the marriage in bold:

They were married on 17 January 1882 in Myslatkowo, gmina Orchowo.

Jan Ostrowski was born 23 May 1857 in Orchowo (note: he was a twin). His parents are Stanislaw Ostrowski and Apolonia Mrowczynska. (Note: the family lived most of the time in Gebice.) Jan was a butcher [“Fleischer”].

All I know about Teresa Liczbinska is that her parents are Wojciech Liczbinski and Nepomuzena Ostrowska. Teresa was born on September 29, 1860 in Gnesen and residing in Orchowo Gut. Her father Adalbert, a miller [“Müller”], died in Orchowo. Her mother, a born Ostrowska, was still residing in Orchowo.

Does the record state if Stanislaw Ostrowski and Apolonia Mrowczynska are alive or deceased? Does it say where they were living? Stanislaw died in Gembitz [Polish: Gebice], Apolonia was still residing there.

Best
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:54 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Hi Michael,

Easy one today!

https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/tutzing/3-H/?pg=3

What is the name of Nicolaus Schwaiger's spouse in this marriage? 4th marriage on the page

Hi Andrew,

I read her name as M[aria] Anna Sau[e]rlacher. She was born and baptized in 1782. You will find the record of her baptism here:
https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/tutzing/2-TSH/?pg=17 (5th entry on the right page).

Best
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:58 am      Post subject:

C J Schmidt wrote:
Please Translate this for me.
Note side column and bottom notes.
1892 Birth Kasimir Byczynski

Hello

Please find attached the translations:

1877 Marriage Jan Byczynski, Anna Rzonska
B. No. 7.
Grabau, on April 21, 1877.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. The farmhand [Knecht] Johann Anton Bysczinski, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on January 14, 1851 in Lubichow, residing in Gut Schwarzwald [an estate near Granbau], son of the deceased laborer [Arbeiter] Peter Bysczinski from Schwarzwald and his wife Marianna, born Melach, residing in Gut Schwarzwald.

2. Johanna Rzonska, of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on June 26, 1858 in Bialachowko [I would assume this is Bialachowo (German “Belchau”), in the County Preussisch Stargard], residing in Gut Schwarzwald, daughter of the laborer [Arbeiter] Thomas Rzonska and his wife Franziska, born Jonas, residing in Gut Schwarzwald.

According to the note on the left margin the wife deceased on October 23, 1944 in Kleinwollental [Polish: Wolental]. (Civil registry office Großwollental [Polish: Skórcz] Land no. 73/1944)

1892 Birth Kasimir Byczynski
A. No. 19.
Grabau, on March 11, 1892.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the laborer [Arbeiter] Johann Byczinski, residing in Gut Schwarzwald, of Catholic religion, and gave notice that

Johanne Byczinski, born Rzoska, his wife, of Catholic religion, residing with him in Gut Schwarzwald in his flat on March 5, 1892 at 2 o’clock a.m. gave birth to a child of male gender which received the name Kasimir.

Read aloud, approved and signed
Johann Byszinski
The registrar
As deputy [signature]

The notes on the left side and on the bottom are written in Polish, hence you might ask in the Polish records translation thread for additional details. For me it looks like a correction: the family name is not written “Byczinski” but Byczynski”.

Best
Michael
C J Schmidt

Replies: 37

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 1:55 pm      Post subject:

Thank you very much, Michael.

I was doing this for my cousins, Byczynski. And have them added to my TREE..
a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2022 4:49 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Michael. Have a great week
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 6:54 am      Post subject:

Hi Michael,

Can you tell me the last names of John George Schuster's spouses in these three marriages (he must've had bad luck!)?

Nov 7 1831
https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/pfersee/St.+Michael+5-H/?pg=18

Feb 4 1834
https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/pfersee/St.+Michael+5-H/?pg=19

Oct 27 1835
https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/pfersee/St.+Michael+5-H/?pg=21

Thanks!
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 10:52 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Hi Michael,

Can you tell me the last names of John George Schuster's spouses in these three marriages (he must've had bad luck!)?

Nov 7 1831
https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/pfersee/St.+Michael+5-H/?pg=18

Feb 4 1834
https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/pfersee/St.+Michael+5-H/?pg=19

Oct 27 1835
https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/pfersee/St.+Michael+5-H/?pg=21

Thanks!

Hi Andrew,

Nov 7 1831: Barbara Häustle, born on February 13, 1792 in Jettingen, baptized two days later, here written: Maria Barbara Heustle

https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/jettingen/2-T/?pg=231

Feb 4 1834: Walburga Wörle, born on April 20, 1807 in Rettenbergen. Parish is not Rettenberg but Batzenhofen (took me a moment to find out):

https://data.matricula-online.eu/en/deutschland/augsburg/batzenhofen/4-T-1/?pg=1

Oct 27 1835: Maria Josepha Riedmüller, born on February 24 ,1803 in Horgau, the family name also written Riedmiller (second entry on the right page):

https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/augsburg/horgau/3-T-1/?pg=39

Best
Michael
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 12:20 pm      Post subject:

Michael you are a machine at finding these!

Thanks again.

Andrew
wuness

Replies: 84

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:27 pm      Post subject:

Could you translate this word for "cause of death?" It looks like "febni". Is that fever? than you. wuness

Cause of death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.31 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Cause of death.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2022 3:40 am      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
Could you translate this word for "cause of death?" It looks like "febni". Is that fever? than you. wuness

Hi Wuness,

I would support your reading as "febri" or fever.

Best
Michael
raphaeltell

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 4:40 am      Post subject:

Could you please help me translate this document? It is my great-grandfather's birthday's certificate.
Thank you so much in advance!

42899_srep100^036340-00440.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

42899_srep100^036340-00440.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 5:58 am      Post subject:

raphaeltell wrote:
Could you please help me translate this document? It is my great-grandfather's birthday's certificate.
Thank you so much in advance!

Hello Raphael

Please find attached the translation

Best
Michael

A. No. 1037.
Landsberg adW [an der Warthe], on December 7, 1897.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, the identity approved through his military identity card [Militär-Paß], the cantor [Kantor] Wolf Teller, residing in Landsberg adW, Wollstraße 13/14, of Mosaic religion, and gave notice that

Martha Teller, born Brzezinski, his wife, of Mosaic religion, residing with him in Landsberg adW in his flat on December 5, 1897 at 2.30 o’clock a.m. gave birth to a child of male gender which received the name Hans.

Read aloud, approved and signed
Wolf Teller cantor teacher [Kantor Lehrer]
The registrar
[signature]
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Landsberg adW on December 7, 1897
The registrar
[signature]

The amendment on the right margin refers to the “Zweite Verordnung zur Durchführung des Gesetzes über die Änderung von Familiennamen und Vornamen” of 1938. This decree aimed to identify Jewish Germans by their first names. Unless they already had a Jewish first name that was “regarded as typical”, from January 1939 they had to adopt the first name Israel or Sara.

This is what happened here:

Landsberg (Warthe), on January 1939
Due to the second decree for the implementation of the law on the change of surnames and first names of August 17, 1938, the adjacent adopted the first name "Israel" in addition to his previous first name at his request of December 20, 1938.
The registrar
signed Fröhlich

Filed on request of the major of Landsberg (Warthe) from January 12, 1939.
Landsberg (Warthe), on February 9, 1939.
[signature]
Justizinspektor als Urkundsbeamter der Geschäftsstelle des Amtsgerichts
Reference: 2. Gen. III. 29/81 / Stamp: Amtsgericht Landsberg (Warthe).
raphaeltell

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:36 am      Post subject:

Wow, thank you so much!
I am so happy that I got to learn more about my heritage.
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:53 am      Post subject: German Translation help please!

Hi,
Can someone please translate the these two death documents for me?

Barbara Beyer Brodda was married to Jacob Brodda. I know they had 12 children.

What does Barrbara Beyer Brodda's death record state? Does her document state she was a widow? Does the document state 9 surviving children in the last column?

What does Jacob Brodda's death record state? I am hoping this is the death record of Jacob Brodda, the spouse of Barbara Beyer. It is the only death record I found for a Jacob Brodda.

Thank you so much for your help and your time. Have a wonderful day!
Trish

Barbara Beyer Brodda Death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  232.69 KB

Barbara Beyer Brodda Death.jpg

Jacob Brodda Death.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  147.29 KB

Jacob Brodda Death.jpg

Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 10:57 am      Post subject: Re: German translation help for marriage record

Kmichael8 wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,
Can you please help me translate this marriage record for Jan Ostrowski and Teresa Liczbinska?

This is what I know of the marriage. They were married on 17 January 1882 in Myslatkowo, gmina Orchowo.

Jan Ostrowski was born 23 May 1857 in Orchowo (note: he was a twin). His parents are Stanislaw Ostrowski and Apolonia Mrowczynska. (Note: the family lived most of the time in Gebice.) (

All I know about Teresa Liczbinska is that her parents are Wojciech Liczbinski and Nepomuzena Ostrowska.

Does the record state if Stanislaw Ostrowski and Apolonia Mrowczynska are alive or deceased? Does it say where they were living?

Thank you so much for your help and time. Have a wonderful day.
Trish

Hi Trish,

Please find some additions to what you already knew about the marriage in bold:

They were married on 17 January 1882 in Myslatkowo, gmina Orchowo.

Jan Ostrowski was born 23 May 1857 in Orchowo (note: he was a twin). His parents are Stanislaw Ostrowski and Apolonia Mrowczynska. (Note: the family lived most of the time in Gebice.) Jan was a butcher [“Fleischer”].

All I know about Teresa Liczbinska is that her parents are Wojciech Liczbinski and Nepomuzena Ostrowska. Teresa was born on September 29, 1860 in Gnesen and residing in Orchowo Gut. Her father Adalbert, a miller [“Müller”], died in Orchowo. Her mother, a born Ostrowska, was still residing in Orchowo.

Does the record state if Stanislaw Ostrowski and Apolonia Mrowczynska are alive or deceased? Does it say where they were living? Stanislaw died in Gembitz [Polish: Gebice], Apolonia was still residing there.

Best
Michael

Dear Michael,
Thank you so very much for translating this document for me. You gave me the biggest clue of information about Stanislaw Ostrowski and Apolonia Mrowczynska. Very Happy

Thank you for all the extra information that I did not have on Jan Ostrowski and his spouse. I truly appreciate all your help.

Have a wonderful day!
Trish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 64 of 95

Jump to: