PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:44 pm      Post subject: Help German and Latin

Could someone please show me how to view all the pictures I sent to be translated? Yes, I know it is probably right in front of me, but ........ I can list my replies to the translators, but not my original pics.

Thanks,
louie
Send e-mail
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 844

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:14 am      Post subject: Re: Help German and Latin

Louie wrote:
Could someone please show me how to view all the pictures I sent to be translated? Yes, I know it is probably right in front of me, but ........ I can list my replies to the translators, but not my original pics.

Thanks,
louie

Hi Louie! Good to see you again.
Yes, you can get to all the pictures/documents you posted. Here is how.
I'm sure you already found, near the top of the forum page, the symbol of the magnifying glass with the word "search."
[Additional note: I don't mean the white search box in the upper right-hand corner. I mean the one in the line of choices beneath the words PolishOrigins Forum, where there is FAQ, then Search, then Memberlist, etc.)
Open that Search.
Where it allows you to "Search For Author," enter "Louie" in the search box.
Farther down on that page, for "Display Results As", it has automatically selected "Topics" but you should switch that to "Replies."
Now click on "Search."
Up comes a long list of your forum entries.
Here is one example:

"Replies: 3581
Views: 1986117
PostForum: Research in Poland Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:36 pm Subject: Latin and/or German and/or Polish Help (Zuzanna Woloszyk) Oh, boy. Here I go!
Top: I have baptized the infant
Left page , third from the bottom
Pogu ... Topic: Latin records translations Louie"

When you actually do this, you will see that certain parts of this are highlighted in red. What you want to click on is the highlighted subject (in this case, it was Latin and/or German and/or Polish Help (Zuzanna Woloszyk)). Just to emphasize, it must be the highlighted SUBJECT that you click on, not any of the other highlighted stuff.
Once you do that, it takes you to your original post. From there, you can copy your attachment.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best,
Sophia
Louie

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:29 am      Post subject:

Sophia,
My brain never registered the word "search" colored in red. (At least I was correct in guessing that the answer was right in front of me.)
As always, thank you for your kind help.
louiie
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: