PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 7
Location: Countryside illinois grew up Bridgeport Chicago illinois

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:51 pm      Post subject: Speck surname

Hi All,

I think I might of come across my grandfathers name on the passenger list from Bremen Germany. I am not sure if this is him? It was on ancestry. com . The spelling is Andrzej Szpieg . born approx 1882 port of entry is Baltimore Maryland. arrived Feb 1907. I am having a very hard time trying to find the correct spelling as I have noted in a few several forums that I wrote about So how do I find if this is really him? It was noted he was coming to Chicago Illinois. Any ideas I have 10 diffeerent spells of his name. He married Mary Slaga /Szlaga here in chgo il at a catholic churchSt Michaels that priest was slavic. I am trying to locate his other records and tract him back to Poland Austria Galciia. It states he lived in Ziotkow Galcia. Andrew Speck died in 1933 in chgo il. He has lived in Chgo Il and Mason County Manistee Michigan. I do have some info on him but looking for exact hometown exact spelling of name name of his parents. Andrew had a brother or some relation noted by a distant relative on ancestry.com Stanley C Speck or Stanislaw Spiech born May 3 1882 Musciska Poland arrival 1909naturalized feb 5 1925. Was Andrew naturalized I cant seem to locate records. Stans wife was Angeline or Nellie Mikula . Any help would be appreciated. I guess my next step would hire a genalogist to take from arrival in USA back to poland when I have extra money to invest in this. Thank you all for previous help on the forum under Speck and Slaga forum . The family of Stanley are distant realtives never associate with.
mm_88

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:51 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

you have mentioned 3 cities/villages: Musciska and Ziotkow in Poland Galicia and in your previous thread also Osakow. I think that the correct names are: Mościska, Złotkowice and Hussaków (all in close proximity to each other), now in Ukraine.

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rejon_mo%C5%9Bciski
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mostyska

Speck

Replies: 7
Location: Countryside illinois grew up Bridgeport Chicago illinois

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:00 am      Post subject: surname speck

Thank you Monika . I will check into that !
Joan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: