PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:59 am      Post subject: Re: Translation 4

HelpTheFamily wrote:
Here are the Records:

Hi,

Please find attached the translations.

Best regards,
Michael

On February 11 at 11 o’clock in the evening died here Johann Himmelmann, linen weaver, inhabitant and church elder [Kirchenältester], born in Oetmannshausen, was buried on February 13, was old 70 years and 5 months.

On July 9 at 7 o’clock in the evening died Anna Elisabeth, born Nickel, born in Harmuthsachsen, widow of the here deceased inhabitant and mason George Möller, was buried on July 11, was old 67 years and 3 months.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:02 am      Post subject: Re: Translation 3

HelpTheFamily wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:
Here are the Records:

Almost Done?
*Here are the records

Hi

You already posted theses records. Please find again the translations.

Best regards,
Michael

On February 11 at 11 o’clock in the evening died here Johann Himmelmann, linen weaver, inhabitant and church elder [Kirchenältester], born in Oetmannshausen, was buried on February 13, was old 70 years and 5 months.

On July 9 at 7 o’clock in the evening died Anna Elisabeth, born Nickel, born in Harmuthsachsen, widow of the here deceased inhabitant and mason George Möller, was buried on July 11, was old 67 years and 3 months.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:26 am      Post subject: Re: German Records Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Michael

I should start with an apology for sending so many records at once. I'm having difficulty locating the death record of August Bilinski in Poznan so was hoping there may be some details in these records of his children's marriages that may assist. From the records I sent the other week I know he was alive when his son was born in 1879, and that he had died in Fort VI by the time of his daughters marriage in 1892. He appears to have been married possibly 3 times (I can only locate 2 at the moment although his first 2 wives have Magdalena as first names {maybe the surnames are not right?]).

If you can translate the attached records please. I'll need to send over 3 requests.

Cheers
Ted

Hi Ted

You try to learn about the Bilinski family, hence I’ll focus on their parts in the records first. Among the witnesses on the second pages is no Bilinski mentioned. Please do let me know if you need additional details.

The information provided in the records about August and his wives are confusing indeed. I think the main problem is sometimes you find a note that a person is deceased and sometimes not - although he or she is. Maybe resulting from misunderstandings. Looking at all the records my working assumption would be as follows:

According to the Poznan project August Bilinski and Magdalena Adamiak married in 1849. These are the parents of Johann, born in 1851. When Thomas was born in 1858 the parents were August Bilinski and Magdalena Szafranska. Hence it seems as if Magdalena Adamiak died in the 1850ies and August remarried. Magdalena Szafranska also gave birth to Anton in 1861, to Josepha in 1865 and to Constantia in 1868. Magdalena Szafranska died in Bogucice near Kalizc before her son Thomas married in July 1883. Maybe as early as around 1870. August remarried again in 1871: According to the Poznan project the widowed August Bilinski and the widowed Franciszka Paprzycka, born Ławińska, married in 1871. Their son Franz was born in 1879. August died in Solacz county Posen ( :Fort VI: ) before February 1892.

Best regards,
Michael

Marriage Johann Bilinski - Sobotka on November 19, 1883
The groom was the shepherd [Schäfersknecht] Johann Bilinski, of catholic religion, born on December 4, 1851 in Serafino, county Krotoschin [The only Serafino I found was in the county Koschmin], residing in Sobotka, son of the farmer [Wirth] Augustin Bilinski and his wife Magdalena born Adamiak, residing in Teodorow.

Marriage Anton Bilinski - Sandberg, on October 16, 1886
The groom was the shepherd Anton Bilinski, of Catholic religion, born on January 8, 1861 in Karmin, residing in Dabrowka, son of the laborer August Bilinski residing in Orliniec and his deceased wife Magdalena born Szafranska, her last residence is unknown.

Second Marriage Thomas Bilinski - Koschmin, on Mai 3, 1884
The groom was the widowed laborer Thomas Bilinski, of Catholic religion, born on December 7, 1858 in Raszkowek, county Adelnau, residing in Staniewo, son of the famer [Wirth] Augustin Bilinski and his deceased wife Magdalena born Szafranska, residing in Teodorowo, county Pleschen.

First Marriage Thomas Bilinski - Koschmin, on July 28, 1883
The groom was the laborer Thomas Bilinski, of Catholic religion, born on December 7, 1858 in Raszkowek, county Adelnau, residing in Staniewo, son of the famer [Wirth] Augustin Bilinski and his deceased wife Magdalena born Szafranska, residing in Teodorowo, county Pleschen.

Marriage Constantia Bilinski - Sobotka on October 14, 1893
The bride was the maid [Dienstmagd] Constantina Bielinska, of Catholic religion, born on February 13, 1868 in Nowy Karmin, residing in Sobotka, daughter of the deceased shepherd Augustin Bielinski and his wife Magdalena born Szafranska, residing in Winiary.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:50 am      Post subject: Re: Translation 5

HelpTheFamily wrote:
If you could, please translate these 2 Records

Hi,

Please find attached the translations.

Best regards,
Michael

I would assume the relevant information is that related to Johann George: son of Nicolaus Müller [was baptized] on October 30. Godfather was the young Johann George, second son of Michael Müller from here.

Anna Elisabetha: daughter of Johann Schmidt, a Catholic [Pontificii], [was baptized] on July 5. Godmother was Anna Elisabetha, Sebastian Jacobs’ wife from here.
TedMack

Replies: 479

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:12 am      Post subject: Re: German Records Translation

Kmichael8 wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Michael

I should start with an apology for sending so many records at once. I'm having difficulty locating the death record of August Bilinski in Poznan so was hoping there may be some details in these records of his children's marriages that may assist. From the records I sent the other week I know he was alive when his son was born in 1879, and that he had died in Fort VI by the time of his daughters marriage in 1892. He appears to have been married possibly 3 times (I can only locate 2 at the moment although his first 2 wives have Magdalena as first names {maybe the surnames are not right?]).

If you can translate the attached records please. I'll need to send over 3 requests.

Cheers
Ted

Hi Ted

You try to learn about the Bilinski family, hence I’ll focus on their parts in the records first. Among the witnesses on the second pages is no Bilinski mentioned. Please do let me know if you need additional details.

The information provided in the records about August and his wives are confusing indeed. I think the main problem is sometimes you find a note that a person is deceased and sometimes not - although he or she is. Maybe resulting from misunderstandings. Looking at all the records my working assumption would be as follows:

According to the Poznan project August Bilinski and Magdalena Adamiak married in 1849. These are the parents of Johann, born in 1851. When Thomas was born in 1858 the parents were August Bilinski and Magdalena Szafranska. Hence it seems as if Magdalena Adamiak died in the 1850ies and August remarried. Magdalena Szafranska also gave birth to Anton in 1861, to Josepha in 1865 and to Constantia in 1868. Magdalena Szafranska died in Bogucice near Kalizc before her son Thomas married in July 1883. Maybe as early as around 1870. August remarried again in 1871: According to the Poznan project the widowed August Bilinski and the widowed Franciszka Paprzycka, born Ławińska, married in 1871. Their son Franz was born in 1879. August died in Solacz county Posen ( :Fort VI: ) before February 1892.

Best regards,
Michael

Marriage Johann Bilinski - Sobotka on November 19, 1883
The groom was the shepherd [Schäfersknecht] Johann Bilinski, of catholic religion, born on December 4, 1851 in Serafino, county Krotoschin [The only Serafino I found was in the county Koschmin], residing in Sobotka, son of the farmer [Wirth] Augustin Bilinski and his wife Magdalena born Adamiak, residing in Teodorow.

Marriage Anton Bilinski - Sandberg, on October 16, 1886
The groom was the shepherd Anton Bilinski, of Catholic religion, born on January 8, 1861 in Karmin, residing in Dabrowka, son of the laborer August Bilinski residing in Orliniec and his deceased wife Magdalena born Szafranska, her last residence is unknown.

Second Marriage Thomas Bilinski - Koschmin, on Mai 3, 1884
The groom was the widowed laborer Thomas Bilinski, of Catholic religion, born on December 7, 1858 in Raszkowek, county Adelnau, residing in Staniewo, son of the famer [Wirth] Augustin Bilinski and his deceased wife Magdalena born Szafranska, residing in Teodorowo, county Pleschen.

First Marriage Thomas Bilinski - Koschmin, on July 28, 1883
The groom was the laborer Thomas Bilinski, of Catholic religion, born on December 7, 1858 in Raszkowek, county Adelnau, residing in Staniewo, son of the famer [Wirth] Augustin Bilinski and his deceased wife Magdalena born Szafranska, residing in Teodorowo, county Pleschen.

Marriage Constantia Bilinski - Sobotka on October 14, 1893
The bride was the maid [Dienstmagd] Constantina Bielinska, of Catholic religion, born on February 13, 1868 in Nowy Karmin, residing in Sobotka, daughter of the deceased shepherd Augustin Bielinski and his wife Magdalena born Szafranska, residing in Winiary.

Thanks very much Michael, that helps a lot.

I am related to Franciszka Paprzycka through her first marriage and partially through the second marriage. As you can see from the locations that Augustyn moved around a lot, Franciszka Paprzycka and Augustyn also had a daughter Jadwiga Biliński in Trzebin (Trzebinia?) village in Grand Duchy of Posen on 27 Jul 1875. My Grandfather married Jadwiga in 1899 (she was living in Bogucice) and when she died in 1904 he then married Jadwiga's step niece (my Grandmother) in 1905.

From the history you have provided with the translations I now know that Augustyn died after Oct 1886 and before Feb 1892, so that narrows the search period. The bit that throws me is that he died in Solacz County, but Fort VI is in Winiary. I have searched through the Poznan civil records under "Urząd Stanu Cywilnego Poznań - obwód miejski" which I thought were for Winiary but could not locate a record. I suppose I'll have to write to the Poznan Archives and ask if they can assist.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers
Ted
HelpTheFamily

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:08 am      Post subject: Translation 5

Here are the records:

84C1E7BF-CD9B-4B4D-A312-75413B23FE9C.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  183.9 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

84C1E7BF-CD9B-4B4D-A312-75413B23FE9C.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:53 am      Post subject: Re: Translation 5

HelpTheFamily wrote:
Here are the records:

Hi

Please find attached the translation.

Best regards
Michael

In Küchen on October 23, Anna Elisabeth, daughter of Johann Henrich xxtings [Unsure about the family name, but I would guess you know it already.] was born and baptized on October 27. Godmother was Anna Elisabeth Siebertin [The suffix –in indicates a female person, hence read Siebert.].
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:09 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation 5

Kmichael8 wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:
Here are the records:

Hi

Please find attached the translation.

Best regards
Michael

In Küchen on October 23, Anna Elisabeth, daughter of Johann Henrich xxtings [Unsure about the family name, but I would guess you know it already.] was born and baptized on October 27. Godmother was Anna Elisabeth Siebertin [The suffix –in indicates a female person, hence read Siebert.].

Sorry that I did not thank you. You have been a wonderful translator.

Thanks for all your work,

Lucas
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:33 am      Post subject: Translation 6

Here the record:

C5F855E2-EBDE-4694-8A13-CF420D07D9C8.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  264.38 KB

C5F855E2-EBDE-4694-8A13-CF420D07D9C8.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:11 am      Post subject: Re: Translation 6

HelpTheFamily wrote:
Here the record:

Hi Lucas

You're welcome. Please find attached the translation.

Best regards,
Michael

Anna, wife of the shepherd [Schafmeister] Nicolaus Müller, born Michaelin [read: Michael] [died] on the 14th [The month is not provided, please check on the rest of this page.] at 10’o clock in the night. She was 57 years, 7 months and 4 weeks minus 1 day old.
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:39 pm      Post subject: Translation 7

Here are the records:

D82EC78F-15D5-482A-83C7-5DA5410E93B5.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1016.91 KB

D82EC78F-15D5-482A-83C7-5DA5410E93B5.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:32 am      Post subject: Re: Translation 7

HelpTheFamily wrote:
Here are the records:

Hi Lucas,

In 1720 the Landgraf of Hessel-Cassel built a penitentiary in his residence in Cassel and stipulated with this ordinance that all those who wished to marry must make a contribution to its financing before the marriage. The amount of the contribution is differentiated according to 7 classes and increases from 2 Albus in the first class for ordinary citizens, craftsmen, farmers up to 1 Reichsthaler, 10 Albus and 8 Heller in the seventh class for the nobility. The eighth class is for the military. Whoever wanted to marry had to present a receipt for the contribution paid.

Sometimes you will find a reference to the fee paid in the church book. A Reichsthaler had 32 Albuses of 12 Hellers each. It's hard to say what that means in today's money. Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Michael
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 295

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:41 pm      Post subject: Verification of a date of birth

Hi Michael,
Can you please verify the date of birth for me? An online tree has the date of birth as June 28, 1871, however, it looks like June 22, 1872 to me. (I could be wrong since I'm still new to figuring out dates in German.)

Thank you for your help.
Trish

Kazimiera Rogozinska Marrige 1902.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.69 KB

Kazimiera Rogozinska Marrige 1902.jpg

HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:53 am      Post subject: Translation 7

Here it is:

D0C03818-2E57-4B59-BA6B-48F1105EBDC7.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.29 KB

D0C03818-2E57-4B59-BA6B-48F1105EBDC7.jpeg

F49CB1BB-A2E4-4F4D-8046-E3D56943BD0D.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  678.75 KB

F49CB1BB-A2E4-4F4D-8046-E3D56943BD0D.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:49 am      Post subject: Re: Verification of a date of birth

Trish wrote:
Hi Michael,
Can you please verify the date of birth for me? An online tree has the date of birth as June 28, 1871, however, it looks like June 22, 1872 to me. (I could be wrong since I'm still new to figuring out dates in German.)

Thank you for your help.
Trish

Hi Trish,

"am zweiundzwanzigsten Juni des Jahres tausend acht hundert einundsiebzig"

Please compare the first letters of the day’s and the year’s ones (here in bold). They look different. Hence the date is June 22, 1871.

Best regards,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 73 of 95

Jump to: