PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 44

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:04 pm      Post subject: Re: Help with transcription of German cursive

Kmichael8 wrote:
trinkelson wrote:
Hello

Please assist by transcribing the occupation and apartment address on the attached image.

Thank you

Hello trinkelson,

The occupation is "Lehrling" or apprentice. The address is "Berlin-Wilmersdorf, Kaiserallee 170".

Best regards,
Michael

Michael
Thank you very much for the assistance.
Richard
HelpTheFamily

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:03 am      Post subject:

Could you please translate these records?

83F86694-3367-49B4-85C9-98A6ABCCA0A9.jpeg
 Description:
Anna Elisabeth Schmidt Birth Record in Bischhausen 1757
 Filesize:  326.96 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

83F86694-3367-49B4-85C9-98A6ABCCA0A9.jpeg

7116E20D-4FC4-4529-95B9-EAF19F0164B6.jpeg
 Description:
Johann Schmidt Marriage Record in Bischhausen 1750
 Filesize:  564.13 KB

7116E20D-4FC4-4529-95B9-EAF19F0164B6.jpeg

064CFAEA-DF2C-4BB7-923A-5CA59AAEDEEF.jpeg
 Description:
Johann Nickell Birth Record in Harmuthsachsen 1725
 Filesize:  796.07 KB

064CFAEA-DF2C-4BB7-923A-5CA59AAEDEEF.jpeg

6C05EBCA-9427-46A1-94FB-D9444DC98090.jpeg
 Description:
Johann Nickell Marriage Record in Harmuthsachsen 1744
 Filesize:  675.36 KB

6C05EBCA-9427-46A1-94FB-D9444DC98090.jpeg

A7C691AB-23AB-4D1E-A006-3F978B9B68BC.jpeg
 Description:
Anna Elisabeth Nickell Birth Record in Harmuthsachsen 1755
 Filesize:  466.24 KB

A7C691AB-23AB-4D1E-A006-3F978B9B68BC.jpeg

Last edited by HelpTheFamily on Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
SPryor

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:50 pm      Post subject: Polish Military Records

Good day all:

I am meeting the grand daughter of Jan Prajer (records attached) in April 2023. I would like to be able to give her an
account of his military campaigns with the Polish Legions. This record in German appears to identify his units and places of
involvement ie; Dąbrowa, Rytro, Żegiestów, Dąbrówka (many village with this name), Piaski Wielkie (nowadays it is a part of Kraków). Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Susan

Jan Prajer Military Record #1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.57 MB

Jan Prajer Military Record #1.png

Jan Prajer Military Record #2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.75 MB

Jan Prajer Military Record #2.png

HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:18 am      Post subject:

Can you Translate these Records? (Part 2)

4C441C0B-4953-44CF-8017-35F1699670F9.jpeg
 Description:
Anna Elisabeth Nickell (Mother of Anna Elisabeth) Death Record in Harmuthsachsen in 1785
 Filesize:  129.91 KB

4C441C0B-4953-44CF-8017-35F1699670F9.jpeg

Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:16 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Military Records

SPryor wrote:
Good day all:

I am meeting the grand daughter of Jan Prajer (records attached) in April 2023. I would like to be able to give her an
account of his military campaigns with the Polish Legions. This record in German appears to identify his units and places of
involvement ie; Dąbrowa, Rytro, Żegiestów, Dąbrówka (many village with this name), Piaski Wielkie (nowadays it is a part of Kraków). Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Susan

Hi Susan,

The information provided on the two documents is more or less identical. Johann Prajer was born in 1872, residing in Dąbrowa and a scribe of profession. In 1894 he underwent the physical examination for military service in Austria-Hungary. Information about his military service before 1914 is not provided. He had the rank of a corporal and I would assume the “L.” in combination with his age meant he was a member of the “Landsturm”. He received no penalties and no special trainings. I am not sure about all the acronyms used in the army of Austria-Hungary, but it looks as if:

On August 2, 1914 Johann was drafted and allocated to Gendamerie-Assistenz Dąbrowa.

In February 1915 he was assigned [transferiert] to Eisenbahn Sicherung [Abteilung] Rytro, Żegiestów [the railway security unit for the railway between the two places]

In September 1915 he was assigned to Kader [Schulung?] Deutsch Dąbrówka [might have been the training for becoming a corporal]

In October 1915 he was assigned to Mil[itärische?] Beobachtung Sp. Bielitz [unsure about this, seems to be a kind of military surveillance. I wonder whether “Sp.” might be short for “Spital” or hospital. It looks like a gap in his military career. The next entry supports this assumption: he was drafted again ten months later.]

On August 18, 1916 he was drafted to 4/32 W.K. Neusandez [Four days, just a stopover.]

On August 22 [1916] he was assigned to k.k. L.B. Kommando 16 Krakau

On November 18, 1916 he was assigned to Piaski Wielkie / k.u.k. Befestigungsbaudirection Dablin [the office for fortress construction, it looks as if he was stationed in the Krakau area.]

Hope that helps,
Michael
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:41 pm      Post subject:

michael, are you Almost done?

Best Regards,

Lucas
asteeber

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:56 am      Post subject: Radonska or Jagodzinska

Hello! I have a related post about this ancestor in the Latin translation section, but since this record is in German, I put it here.

I am trying to figure out the original surname of my g-g-grandmother. She goes by Marianna Radonska or Marianna Jagodzinska interchangeably on numerous records. I believe she was widowed before her marriage to my g-g-grandfather, and under her name on this birth record of my g-grandmother, there is a note, and they reference both names, but I am not sure of the meaning. I believe that they are saying that Maryanna Pojat has a surname of Radonska and the surname from her 1st marriage is Jagodzinska, but I don't have more than a rudimentary understanding of German, so I would like to confirm.

Would anyone be able to translate and lend some insight? Thank you so much!

JPojatBirth28May1880_6163602.119 (66).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.01 KB

JPojatBirth28May1880_6163602.119 (66).jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:50 am      Post subject: Re: Radonska or Jagodzinska

asteeber wrote:
Hello! I have a related post about this ancestor in the Latin translation section, but since this record is in German, I put it here.

I am trying to figure out the original surname of my g-g-grandmother. She goes by Marianna Radonska or Marianna Jagodzinska interchangeably on numerous records. I believe she was widowed before her marriage to my g-g-grandfather, and under her name on this birth record of my g-grandmother, there is a note, and they reference both names, but I am not sure of the meaning. I believe that they are saying that Maryanna Pojat has a surname of Radonska and the surname from her 1st marriage is Jagodzinska, but I don't have more than a rudimentary understanding of German, so I would like to confirm.

Hello,

From the birth record you provided I would support Dave’s findings. Maryanna was married with Jan Pojat (“seine Ehefrau”), her maiden name was Radosmaka (“geborene”) and she was a widowed Jagodzinska. As Dave already pointed out, it was the husband, who provided this information.

Best regards,
Michael
asteeber

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:27 am      Post subject: Re: Radonska or Jagodzinska

Kmichael8 wrote:

Hello,

From the birth record you provided I would support Dave’s findings. Maryanna was married with Jan Pojat (“seine Ehefrau”), her maiden name was Radosmaka (“geborene”) and she was a widowed Jagodzinska. As Dave already pointed out, it was the husband, who provided this information.

Best regards,
Michael

Thank you both! I appreciate it!
~Lex

HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:34 pm      Post subject: Re: Radonska or Jagodzinska

Kmichael8 wrote:
asteeber wrote:

Hello,

Best regards,
Michael

Michael, I have been waiting for over a week now and you don’t reply or even try translating mine. Instead, you do other people’s translation requests who have submitted after me…

Please, Could you translate them? You didn’t even reply to my message before!
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:20 am      Post subject: Re: Radonska or Jagodzinska

HelpTheFamily wrote:

Michael, I have been waiting for over a week now and you don’t reply or even try translating mine. Instead, you do other people’s translation requests who have submitted after me…

Hello

I had a look at your last posts. Regarding the kind, number and extend of your requests I would recommend the help and the services of a professional genealogist.

Best regards,
Michael
HelpTheFamily

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:45 am      Post subject: Re: Radonska or Jagodzinska

Kmichael8 wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:

Hello

I had a look at your last posts. Regarding the kind, number and extend of your requests I would recommend the help and the services of a professional genealogist.

Best regards,
Michael

Can’t you just translate though…
tubson

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:18 pm      Post subject:

Hello, I am trying to determine Marianna's parents, but I am having trouble making out the handwriting on this document. Could someone please help me translate? Thanks!

Maria Pawska (Wisniewska) death certificate.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  218.13 KB

Maria Pawska (Wisniewska) death certificate.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:54 am      Post subject:

tubson wrote:
Hello, I am trying to determine Marianna's parents, but I am having trouble making out the handwriting on this document. Could someone please help me translate? Thanks!

Hello,

Maria was born in Siemon, Kreis Thorn, around 1810 (she died 65 yeards old). Her husband and her father (just with his family name) are mentioned in the record, not her mother. The husband was the cottager [“Käthner”] Nicolai Pawski, the father the cottager Wisniewzki from Siemon.

Best regards,
Michael
nercell
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 287

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:22 am      Post subject: Podsiadłowski death 1892

Translstion help please GERMAN to ENGLISH

Prussian Death Certificate 1892 of my 2nd great grandfather Johann Podsiadłowski.
-His wife is Anna Galązka.
- 72yrs old Catholic.
-He resided in Groß Lensk (now Wielki Łeck) but was born in Bialutten (Białuty) Kreis Neidenburg.
I can NOT understand what is going on after that. Is it his or her parents that are perhaps mentioned???

****Can you please translate everything after where Johann was born?

THANKS much for any and all input.

Screenshot_20230420_050354_Facebook.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.34 MB
 Viewed:  1 Time(s)

Screenshot_20230420_050354_Facebook.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 83 of 95

Jump to: